Unity - Medschool, Love and Friends [v0.8] [Walkius]

1. 3.00 star(s)

santiago_campanella

{ Review for 0.8 }

On one hand this game is awesome

- Great premise!
    - Good storyline and dialogues, realistic enough hospital setting, it makes it very fun to do the content in hospital/college.
    - Great renders!
    - Characters are varied and well-crafted!
    - MC is reasonably believable. For my money, he could be a bit more dominating and sleazy, but, hey, there's no maledom tag, and that's ok. Plus, he's a doctor, and helping people while being very sleazy might feel off.

So, if it's all that good, why 3/5?

Well, the game itself would be 6/5, but the Unity engine and dev's UI design choices killed the UI usability in a big way.

- no quick save/quick load
    - no save/load actually except in specific places, and no save during scenes.
    - this is coupled with no skipping seen content

This is in turn is coupled with a lot of choices to make (which in itself is quite OK), but without clear understanding what each choice will do.

So you can easily lock yourself out of a girl content, without realizing it until game days or even game weeks later.

In which case not only you have to load before and make another choice, but you have to click through all the content for all the days you've already seen after the choice. Without skipping. And, praise to dev, there's a lot of content.

Some of the scenes mess up your ability to save before them, as in you come home and there immediately starts a scene with your sister arriving -- and you can't save during scenes.

There are a number of other minor issues, which annoy during gameplay, such as:

- you can't skip to new day until midnight. Because you can't go to sleep early. And there's plenty of evenings when you've got nothing to do.

- there's sometimes lock out of previous content as the story progresses, which doesn't make sense. For example, you have your fuck buddy Tamara. Whom you start to be able to go to for a sleepover. Then at some point you can't get in her room anymore, for no reason.

All in all, this makes for a very frustrating experience as soon as you realize you better stick to one walkthrough. And if you want to have another go with the choices, you'd better be prepared to do game from 0. Which is, frankly, not how electronic novels should work, AVN or no AVN.

TLDR: 6/5 for awesome game. 2/5 for UI . Grand total: 3/5
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Time Killer1981

I really like this author's games.
    They are nice to play, the main thing is to get used to the control, remember how to assign dates and all that.
    Excellent graphics, interesting plot, evocative characters. This is not a simple click, here you have to think about your decisions, it is a good game, constantly improving.
    The music is nice, it doesn't interfere and you don't want to turn it off, so it does its job.
    As for the sounds made by the characters - they are there, not the worst quality, at least.
    There are hints that can be easily followed, to speed up the progression, so you don't have to spend hours thinking about what to do next or looking for a walkthrough.
    In general - if you like the tags specified to this game and you have not played yet - try it, the game will not leave you indifferent.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

rvlfycpydgdcttfren

I hope this game gets picked up again.

Rating as of version 0.6, I found it very enjoyable. The abuse of power aspects are done pretty well, although maybe a bit overly easy for me.

The characters and renders are done well and the story was heading in a good direction to put the MC in an even better position to abuse
  4. 3.00 star(s)

yunmaster

I think this is why this game does not meet expectations.
    The Matin's was originally a person who seduced Nate's aunt at School, Love & Friends.
    Then, I think his charm disappeared because he became the Matin's of the genre like a love novel.
    I'm not asking you to create an NTR game.
    It means to reconsider why he was an interesting person in the first place.

I thought if he was the MC, it would be a MILF game that seduces parents and teachers in School, Love & Friends.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Sesinho

Game goes pretty smooth and is enjoyable, not grindy and sort of rewarding. Until the game begins to run out of events, and at the same timemost of the other evetns are cut the same way, being that way "the cockblock way"

Either you do something and the girl NPC reacts kicking you out or leaving
    Or someone comes in and interrupts, of course whataver was going on before, finishes.
    Or Someone comes inside some room, that of course is open, cause people do forbidden things behind unlocked doors.

After 3 of these bullshit plot mechanics i stop enjoying.
    If you dont want a relationship to move forward, work something different than "MC gets interrupted by ^^nsert NPC with a pretext^^" (after MC lures people to his place CLAIMING ITS SAFE)

Or Lisa claming she is not a prude like the other girl, but in the private training you get exactly the same from both. Well she gives a kiss, and becomes selfconscious (another over exploited mechanic, every 3 steps you make, 1 of them triggesr a selfconscious state).

Other than that ,females look kind of good, doll types and Lisa.
    Sex scenes are well posed, or i feel like they are. Nothing outstanding in storytelling, and besides failing to build a harem, theres nothing complex in the plot.
    Quite enjoyable until it starts to get on my nerves.
    Maybe in the future the bigger picture improves and so the game.
  6. 4.00 star(s)

yanh

Actually I was surprised, game looks promising, not much content yet (0.3) but good for about hour or less, you dont need to search much as in previous game (but last game had kinda good hints and way better looking and organized hints). UI for this game is rather ugly and oversized so even seniors can play it, if they want :LOL:. I like this game more though, examining is fun, and cameo of Bob Kelso was funny.