MEGA, its shit. stop hosting files there.

n00bi

Nov 24, 2022
People who share games can you please stop using MEGA for hosting the files.
Mega used to be good. but its not anymore. its total shit.
We have better alternatives now. like for example GO

I cant even get files downloaded from the site anymore..
Always the download stops around 75% to 90% . its really annoying.
And its only on Mega this happens. i have no issues with the other hosting sites.
Sadly some of the people who share games use Mega as the hoster.
please use GO, PIXELDRAIN , MIXDROP instead.

Anyone else have shit experience using Mega or is it just me?

n00bi

Nov 24, 2022
i have no idea about the servers..
btw currently on 4th attempt to download a file from mega :cautious:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
i have no idea about the servers..
btw currently on 4th attempt to download a file from mega :cautious:
Every game listed on this site has more than one filehost to choose from. What about using one of the others to download from?

n00bi

Nov 24, 2022
Every game listed on this site has more than one filehost to choose from. What about using one of the others to download from?
Well. often when a game has a update you see people share the game in some threads and they often just a link to one hosting site.
and it can take a couple of days before the main post is updated with alternative links.

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
Well. often when a game has a update you see people share the game in some threads and they often just a link to one hosting site.
Right, then what you do is you use the REPORT button in the post with the link to let the thread uploader know that there is a game update available. A little bit after that, the OP is updated with MORE filehosts to choose from.

Reactions: c3p0 and Hagatagar

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
and it can take a couple of days before the main post is updated with alternative links.
Until more uploaders get active or aren’t busy with anything with family or work. The update queue has been staying around 35 games to be updated.

Pretentious Goblin

Devoted Member
Nov 3, 2017
I have had this "stuck at 75%" issue that basically means the download is dead and you have to restart, but it won't even tell you that. Doesn't happen when using their Desktop app. Gofile is fine... when it hasn't already deleted the file, which happens too often.

chainedpanda

Jun 26, 2017
Use the desktop app. Jdownloader works too, but it downloads slower for me (if that's an issue for you). Jdownloader is still a great bit of software that I use for everything that isn't mega.

Except Mixdrop. It's annoying and I hate it.

Dec 3, 2020

And its only on Mega this happens. i have no issues with the other hosting sites.

VPNs make it more manageable, but I agree Mega is the most annoying out of the major hosters. They also seem to be the most purge happy. Most of the times if a link is dead its a Mega link.

Reactions: n00bi
Jul 13, 2021
I kinda liked MEGA when Megabasterd were able to bypass the annoying 1.5gbs limit, now i just feel like its too troublesome for me to handle.
Thankfully the other hosts serve me well, with the exception of Mixdrop which i usually avoid.

Reactions: n00bi

Enot1964

May 20, 2019

For me Mega works fine, daily limit - 3 Gb. Daily limit of PIXELDRAIN in my country - 5Gb. MIXDROP - it's a shame - 950 Kb/sec. download. For the small files (mods, books etc.) MEGA is ideal, imho.

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
I'm not fond of the limits on Mega, but it's mostly reliable.
Mixdrop, on the other hand, is absolute trash. Every single file I've tried downloading from Mixdrop has set off my antivirus. And that's after fighting past the shitstorm of ads they throw at you. A million ads, then a virus? No thanks. As far as I'm concerned, Mixdrop should be outright banned.
Other ones are annoying, but they at least work. We're downloading shit for free. Beggars can't really be choosers.