VN - Ren'Py - Completed - Melody [v1.00 Extras] [MrDots Games]

1. 5.00 star(s)

HornyYoshi

Wow just finished the perfect ending and all I can say is I'm shocked. I actually felt a ton of emotions while playing this. Normally when I play these types of VNs it's usually just to fap, I only cared about the models and the animation. But man this one actually got me invested into the story and characters. Yes it is a slow grind, but I think in the end it paid off really nicely.
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Mishalove

One of the greatest adult games. For me animations in this game are the most satisfying so far. Dev has made Lots of animations with Heroin Melody. so great quality and angle (first person view). Render, Story, Characters are all great as well.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

taker95

A great and even interesting story, well-drawn, beautiful characters. Sincere sympathy appears for the Melody character. Perhaps for me this is the first game that I wanted to go through several times to see what it will lead to in the final.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

ShepardRahl

Review of full version:

SPOILERS!!!

This is a good down to Earth story. Your girlfriend throws you out of the house (because she’s a bitch) so you stay with your friend for a week before a woman answers your ad to buy one of your guitars and she offers you a job tutoring her niece. And things go from there.

The character models are gorgeous. Although they sometimes get this look on their face which makes them look like they are pursing their lips for some reason. Other than that, the dev did an excellent job with the models.

The lewd scenes are good. Some of them are nice fluid animations while others are a set of images chained together.

The game is nice and long, which I like and appreciate. It tells me the dev really put in the work and cared for the game.

I really like the ability to pursue or decline relationships with several characters. It allows you to really play like you want to. Some relationships may end automatically because of circumstances while others will force you to choose.

If you let Melody have a relationship with Sophie later you walk in on them in the shower with Sophia fingering and kissing Melody. Regardless of the fact that all three of them have thought about a threesome between them and the PC it would have been interesting to have an option to interrupt them in the shower and be furious with Melody since she is effectively cheating on the PC. Melody never told the PC about her relationship with Sophia and Melody has even thought to herself after one of the times she had sex with Sophia that she felt she was betraying the PC.

It would have been an interesting swerve in the relationship that I wish could have been explored.

The characters are good. They all feel down to Earth and realistic. A couple of them really hit me in the feels with some of their scenes.

If there is one downside it’s probably the writing. While it’s good there are some things I would have done differently.

• You can tell the author is from the UK with how the characters call the car trunk the boot. It took me a few seconds to realize what they were talking about. There are other things referred to with a different name I wasn’t familiar with at first. This isn’t necessarily a con. More of an observation.
    • There are spelling and grammar errors sprinkled throughout. Not bad though.
    • The PC almost constantly reflects on his time in the town and with Melody. This gets a bit tiresome because you feel like you’re reading the same thing over and over again.
    • Nearly every conversation in the game has to do with music. Fictional bands, the history of music, instruments, music culture. If you don’t care about music that much some of the dialogue can get a bit boring.
    Despite my issues with some of the writing I still really like Melody and was sad when I reached the end. I would highly recommend it.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1044747

Melody must have been one of the first adult VNs I've played - and I still remember how amazed I was back then.

Now, as time has passed and I've seen my fair share of adult games / VNs, that amazement has pretty much vanished.

Melody is still a good looking, well crafted and - most importantly - completed VN (which is a feat of its own), but other than that it's not that special in my opinion.

The characters are quite bland and interchangeable, the girls not really up my alley (especially the main girl Melody looks like an oversized doll with fake boobs).

However, the worst thing about Melody is the writing.
    While the setting is unique and the dev uses proper English, dialogue and story are drawn-out and tiresome.

After revisiting Melody, I can't think of a single moment of excitement, a feeling of "I cannot wait to see where this is going" - quite on the contrary:

Everything about Melody is just way too predictable - the story, the relationships, heck... even the sex.
    Talk - hug - kiss - grope - masturbate - sex. Rinse & repeat.

On top of that the relationship (point) mechanics don't make too much sense.

You already kissed Melody before and she liked it?
    Too bad - the next time you meet her she expects you to hug her in order to like it.

Or you meet her friend Fi and dare to give her a friendly hug in front of Melody?
    She's going to hate you for it.
    No, you have to kiss her friend - then she's fine with it.

So, yeah - without a walkthrough you are pretty much screwed (and I haven't even mentioned the "fun" music theory quizzes yet).

Funnily enough even on an "I'm doing everything to piss her off" playthrough you still end up "screwing" Melody while technically being on the relationship status "stranger".

Ultimately, it doesn't make too much sense - just like the characters.

Melody is characterised as a decent girl, but at one point and out of thin air she simply decides to ride around town topless. Go figure.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

LeFapman

Love this game!!! :D so much knowledge spread about music, points of view from the MC that made me think even highly about classicals. This game made me wish to look up some jazz songs, and when I listenned to them I loved them. The game Soundtrack was cool. And honestly, those Quizzes Melody took were memorable. I didn't know there was an instrument called "Piccolo"! I got shocked. :LOL: so, cute girls, cool personalities, lots of routes with different plots to choose, I like it very much. Didn't expect anything else from MrDots, as DMD is one of my favourite games! And now Melody is too, without a doubt! :giggle:
  7. 5.00 star(s)

Teyrna

I really enjoyed this, both how the story plays out and the music. Really put me in a relaxed state when I hear Gymnopédie #1 at the top of week 12. Gets a little cheesy at times, but most of these things do.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

SomeGuyWithNoImagination

So, it only just occurred to me that I've never given this game a review. This is a great game and I've sunk more time into this game than I care to admit, having played through the entire story multiple times across multiple versions. There's an insane amount of content here, and it's of amazing quality.

All of the characters have incredible effort put into them, their poses, wardrobe, and expressions are simply incredible. The animations are, generally quite good, though some are not as great.

The characters in this game definitely feel real, though some are quite shallow, and in general, they're not as real as some other games achieve.

The game is quite slow, with plenty of filler between sexy scenes. I don't mind it, except the quizzes, which I can understand the idea behind, but can't say I like, and I'd say it adds to the characters seeming "real," but it's quite clear some are not fond of that. Some characters also take a while to get into their pants. It can be frustrating, but it gives you time to learn about the character before fucking 'em.

This game takes forever to complete with plenty of endings. I love that fact, but it's also clear some people here play the game for the sexy scenes and just want to get to those. I can respect that, but I care more for the story than the sexy scenes. Fite me. :)
  9. 5.00 star(s)

rob7278

Alright - i realize this game VN was completed quite a while ago, but i just had the chance to circle back and play through this again.
    I initially rated this VN 3 stars - mainly due to the best ending I could get was 'The Good Ending'. In my opinion The Good Ending is not a good ending, it pretty much sucks to be honest.
    I used a walkthrough mod, ended with 405 points and all I got was the 'Good Ending' . I finally found out that the only way to get The Perfect Ending is you have to remain monogamous the whole time - SO no screwing Izzy, Amy, Becca, Fi or Xianne.
    But i will say - The Perfect Ending is awesome! It is exactly what I was expecting for an ending to this VN!!
    I still feel that the 2nd best ending, the Good Ending is pretty lame; it isn't good in my opinion. But the Perfect Ending is so awesome that I still feel this VN is a 5 star game.
    I understand you should rate a game on more than just the ending. But I always felt like Melody was one of my favorite VN'S on this forum. The story is engaging, the renders are good, the choices actually matter.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

headhunter32

This will be my first review of any game on this site, sorry already for my bad english and review never done this before.
    So far i playd multiple games of this genre and still bussy with DMD.
    But finish this 1 last week.
    And if i need to put it in 1 word WOW, what a game what a rolercoaster of a ride was that.

So here are some points that are good and bad.

GOOD
    - Story what can i say some 1 realy know how to make a story that pulls u in.
    - Characters, background and all the other stuff are breath taking.
    - A verry good amount of content some time even realy perfect.
    - And dialogue is verry good written.

BAD
    - Animation can be some time a bit strange on how the postion of the body is.
    - Would have loved if some of the skin would look a bit better specialy around the breast.
    - I feld that some time there need a bit more frustration or tention between charachters.

So over all in my opion a 9 to 9.5 great game keep up the work, would recomand any 1 to play this game.
  11. 5.00 star(s)

TeamMelissa

really love the story and so many long hours to finish this game, the renders are good. so many paths and ending, really love Melody. but once you get bad ending and you don't know where you made a mistake. we need to start over again. and i ended up having 2 endings. good ending and perfect ending for Melody. really great game!
  12. 3.00 star(s)

flytok

v 1.0.0

So this is my second game from the devs and I had high expectations on Melody. But unfortunately, it was a bit of a disappointment.

GOOD
    - different story and in some way unique
    - good amount of content, long play time
    - nice character background for Melody, likeable character
    - dialogues have a good grammar and no strong language

BAD
    - often real bad and horrible-looking animations, e.g. girls doing circles
    with their head while blowjob
    - the skin and the nipples of certain characters look artificial
    - dialogues are often monologues, MC is even lecturing music history
    during romantic scenes
    - neither story tension nor sexual tension with Melody
    - no strong character building, especially the side characters

The game is OK but it isn't one which I would recommend to others. In my opinion the devs did a much better job on other games.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

spectref95

Review of Final Release

Great story, great characters, lots of variety - these are, individually, can save a stinker game, but Melody has all three and so much heart. Play this game!

I was trying to avoid a long winded review, but I was told I need more than 200 characters. This final paragraph is simply my way of conforming to the rules. Have a great day.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 1370694

Do you like music? Do you like rock music? Do you like to help a young lady with her music career?

Then this is your ga… wait! This is an adult games forum, so we need to answer more questions:

Do you like a slow story progression that gives lots of room for the writer to develop the characters? Do you prefer a slow built up with a character instead of a quick fap? Do you like petite girls with big boobs or petite girls with small ones? You don't shy away from some romance?

Yes? Then this is your game!

Melody and Sophia are just sweet.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

nicod

as always if u want romance you should know that MRdots is the best in that part

unfortunately i don't like music theme but

i see alot of progress in animations and renders
    the story is greet although i wanted to see some adventure part or action but i think the game based totally on romance

i choosed only melody (she is more than enough for me )
  16. 5.00 star(s)

Newi31

A romance populated by likeable and realistic characters. Although Melody, your music pupil, gets most screen time there are other girls available that you could go for instead. Most don't immediately hump you and that's a plus as a little wait can heighten temptation. The writing is excellent, with the slight caveat that it's very wordy. (Adding pockets of lulls and brevity would've been welcome to allow the reader to recharge and reflect.) But don't let that stop you from experiencing this VN! Because...

It's a gem that I would recommend to anyone, especially those who enjoy a slow-burning romance.
  17. 3.00 star(s)

Manifold

I was waiting for this game to be completed, because I was expecting a lot from it, perhaps too much, given the amazing quality of the renders. But too many drawbacks make me rate this game only with three stars.

Good points :

-as said, amazing renders, skin texture (for Melody).
    -real efforts made on wardrobe
    -though animations are sometimes very good, sometimes not so good (mechanical), they are better overall than in DMD.

Bad points :

-You'll need to skip text by hitting TAB, to avoid going through the ocean of pointless drivel and restaurant dates.
    -checking the walkthrough back and fourth is absolutely necessary for the huge amount of unguessable answers to give.
    -This story is basically a DMD remake, same kind of plot with side fuck buddies, same facial expressions, small female characters looking up at the POV MC, nemeses coniving with each other against you, innocent girls you have to work on for ages before getting in their pants.
    -You'll have to click about a hundred times overall to repeatedly activate the bloody "kiss" option and move on with the game.
    -Way too slow burning to finally fuck the lights out of that Melody character.

Overall, Mr.Dots are, I believe, an excellent team of dedicated artists, who keep soldiering on with their DMD game, and made this one to keep being on Patreon, which is more than understandable. But so much work gone to waste on bloody restaurant date renders!

For those who are looking for love and romance, this game is probably one of the best. For others, who are looking for beautifully rendered sex scenes and wild fantasies to fap on, er, well, you can play it just to admire those dolls getting (very tenderly and vanilla-style) boned, but the slow pace is just so infuriating you'll get easily frustrated.

Last point : DO NOT START ANYTHING WITH AMY if you don't want a game over by also dating Melody. It'll game over before you'll get to an interesting level with Melody. I can't believe this is NOT WRITTEN from the start in the walkthrough!
  18. 4.00 star(s)

FAP369ZONE

[VN] [Ren'Py] [Completed] Melody [v1.0, Extras, HQ Edition] [MrDots Games]

I really enjoyed this EGame from start to the end on 3 different save paths! This is a really good EGame and i have very little bad things to say about it except maybe few things like some meaningless choices, music is focused way too much, lack of focus on other characters (needed moar Izzy :love:) beside Melody and some endings feel... weak to say the least.

- Story 4/5
    - Gameplay & Choices 4/5
    - Characters 4/5
    - Visuals & Art 4/5
    - Sex & Erotic scenes 4/5

Overall rating 4/5 [4 star, Great EGame]

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  19. 4.00 star(s)

tmathis

Struggled with a rating for this game. The characters in this game are incredibly attractive and have a good range of variety. I enjoyed the writing and story quite a bit. The potential was there for a 5 star game. Felt like there was something off in a lot of the erotic scenes though. The animations just seemed weirdly timed and fast or something like that.
  20. 5.00 star(s)

Duncanidaho

It is not for everyone but if you more interested the way how you can reach the goal better than the goal in that case you will probably like it. This game is enormous long. Longest adult game I've ever played. As I see it is a good thing because it means lot of content and you can know better the characters. Animations are smooth. There are sidechicks so if you don't like Melody or boring to focus one character you can find alternatives. Music theme is for people who plays instruments and well read about popcult and jazz things. In the begining it was interesting but after halftime I skiped dialogues where characters talked about music or creation of music.