Member-Numbers on Patreon

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
I witnessed in the last days, that many games on Patreon have a total unreasonable rise in member-numbers.
ICSTOR rose from 7k to over 28k ( )
Altosandherdone from over 3k to over 6k ( )
DrPinkcake from 13k to over 25k ( )
Just to give some examples, it was actually visible also on any other games, I checked.
Everything happened within the last week and I know for sure that Graphtreon doesn't falsify the numbers, as I checked them regularly before.
I really don't believe that this is a normal rise in member numbers. Does everyone know whether this is a bug of Patreon, an attack on Patreon, or if Patreon does now count pure watching a site as membership?

Last edited:

Count Morado

Conversation Conqueror
Respected User
Jan 21, 2022
I witnessed in the last days, that many games on Patreon have a total unreasonable rise in member-numbers.
ICSTOR rose from 7k to over 28k ( )
Altosandherdone from over 3k to over 6k ( )
DrPinkcake from 13k to over 25k ( )
Just to give some examples, it was actually visible also on any other games, I checked.
Everything happened within the last week and I know for sure that Graphtreon doesn't falsify the numbers, as I checked them regularly before.
I really don't believe that this is a normal rise in member numbers. Does everyone know whether this is a bug of Patreon, an attack on Patreon, or if Patreon does now count pure watching a site as membership?
Adjusting to Patreon's changes

With Patreon changing their patron count number to include all "free" members, we are working to change Graphtreon to adapt. We have the data to be able to separate free and paid members from each campaign for the past 2 months and going forward, but it is taking time to change all the things on Graphtreon.
We plan to be able to retroactively "fix" all the data that is showing on Graphtreon now. We plan to display both paid and free members separately for statistic tracking purposes.
We are currently rolling out Free Membership in stages through November, so these features might not be available to all creators yet.
Although, including ICSTOR as an example is a bad decision in your case since ICSTOR recently released a VERY long awaited update, so their numbers aren't just the result of the new Patreon analytics, but also true movement in membership counts.

Last edited:

Living In A Lewd World

Jan 15, 2021
Although, including ICSTOR as an example is a bad decision in your case since ICSTOR recently released a VERY long awaited update, so their numbers aren't just the result of the new Patreon analytics, but also true movement in membership counts.
Thank you very much for the answers. This was exactly, what I was looking for.
Yeah, you're right also with ICSTOR, but this was actually, the first time I realized it and where I almost dropped a cup of tea, when I saw it. I expected those numbers to spike somewhere close to the 7k members he had on the height of his development but not to go up to over 28k.

Winterfire

Forum Fanatic
Respected User
Game Developer
Sep 27, 2018
Patreon has always allowed followers, that's nothing new.
Allegedly, old patrons were "forced" to become followers, although I do not know if this is true or not (Haven't read on it).

The only difference is that Patreon has decided to show them for some reason, so now everyone looks bigger than they actually are, especially if they do not show their earnings, which stayed the same.