Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Are there any straight scenes for a female character?
Game's still in early dev, there's only one right now in the patron version. Having at least 5 trust with Hatsuo will allow you to sleep with him.

Are you planning on adding more male characters or/and gay scenes?
Yup! I plan on having at least 3 male sex-able characters in the game. Two will be bi and one will be straight. Could have more male characters, but that's all I have planned for now.

bugfinder

Jan 30, 2019
Tyranicon can you make info about how much i have perspective athletic charm at the menu?
not when inside dialogue?
maybe with relation with each faction.. other than talking to them individually..

when the mechanic girl come near my room.. after that there is no guide or clue anymore..
should update the quest maybe dialogue for us to sleep or something.

when i accept quest from old watch to plant a microphone.. then i accept quest from other faction too..
now one of them unsolveable

when at character creation after we pick everything you should make confirm dialogue to change other thing..
maybe i missclick job soldier i want to be other job, but i cant. in the end i press f5.

raska42

Feb 16, 2018
Yeah this strikes me as pretty trivial. It's like six seconds. And by your own admission a simple quality of life change means, at most, the loading screen would only be seen once every update... so once a month. I have a hard time seeing six seconds out of every month as being something worth getting irritated about. Plus it's skippable. I think this is a case of already being frustrated with something else which makes it easier to find other things frustrating. Same with your apparent dislike of the intro. Protip: in RPGMaker MV games you can generally hold "Page Down" to very quickly skip text with no risk of accidentally making a selection. This also skips the "fake loading screen".

I do think a review and restart option is a good idea at the end of character creation... dunno why but I kinda thought there already was one.
Wasn't aware that Page Down was a standard keybinding. Just checked 10ish other MV games I've got laying around, 0 of them have Page Down as a skip key. Could be due to most of those being made with the JP version though (the two exceptions were russian and polish? developed). Bit over half used either shift or control for skipping, so might be something that defaults to region specific keys and needs rebinding to a standard key to work for all regions. I generally end up skipping NA, SA, and western EU developed MV games due to not caring for 3d renders (the exceptions are a nice change though), so might be why I'm not familiar with that (assuming that it defaults to region specific keys).

As for it being trivial, no clue if you do or have followed other games as they've developed, but the little things can start getting more and annoying as time progresses. Wouldn't have mentioned it if it wasn't potentially connected to a bug, but definitely something that I saw as being on the wrong end of the potential annoyance vs benefit scale, so figured why not. Does becomes pretty negligible if it can be skipped over though, my comments were based on thinking that wasn't an option.

That aside, if you are considering becoming a dev, you may want to consider trying to act less hostile/dismissive of stuff people bring up (comment based on your posts in the last couple pages of this thread). If you think the person's an idiot but don't want drive a potential supporter off, acknowledgement and polite redirection to what you are planning to do is generally the better call (see Tyranicon's response to my post for what is presumably an example of this, noting the lack of any comment about the fake loading screen I was rambling on about)

Laughingfox

Apr 2, 2017
Worth asking: it goes against the enforcer motif, but any chance if the player is a former courteson (career wise) they can pick up where they left off to earn some extra coin? After all the rules seem to specify the M.C. cannot sleep with the current courtesons (ha, ha), but nothing seemed to specify they can't handle some Johns or strut their stuff on the pole. Viva charisma! Inspire your team from the front by jiggling that prodigous back (side), for great distopian future justice!

Bonus points if they duo with the resident augment hottie for maximum effort.

Unrelated, semi-related, there seems to be a plentiful amount of ways to say you are a unique flower and this is your first time working with the brothel business, but signficantly less to assert you are a (former?) legendary harlot, though this may be simply due to the ladylike appearance was only recently added. Which is awesome, by the by.

Game is terribly pretty, and oozing charm and potential. Definately worth keeping an eye or two on.

Reactions: ShamanLab

Fundanshi

Nov 9, 2018
Game's still in early dev, there's only one right now in the patron version. Having at least 5 trust with Hatsuo will allow you to sleep with him.

Yup! I plan on having at least 3 male sex-able characters in the game. Two will be bi and one will be straight. Could have more male characters, but that's all I have planned for now.
Of Hatsuo, Jasen, and Iron Gregorian, may I ask which of them are bi and which one of them is straight?

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Btw, decided to go with Unity. Mostly cause of the availability and relative inexpensiveness of assets. Also because I'm a total control freak and was spazing out at the thought of hiring an artist. Thanks again.
Nice! Yeah Unity would be my first choice too.

Got this error before the first fight
View attachment 761690
Yeah, I'll have new uploads that should fix that soonish...
Tyranicon can you make info about how much i have perspective athletic charm at the menu?
not when inside dialogue?
maybe with relation with each faction.. other than talking to them individually..

when the mechanic girl come near my room.. after that there is no guide or clue anymore..
should update the quest maybe dialogue for us to sleep or something.

when i accept quest from old watch to plant a microphone.. then i accept quest from other faction too..
now one of them unsolveable

when at character creation after we pick everything you should make confirm dialogue to change other thing..
maybe i missclick job soldier i want to be other job, but i cant. in the end i press f5.
Hmm, sounds like some bugs or things I've missed. And yes, I'm planning on optimizing character creation.

thanks but i still having the problem i think is for my pc
I'm pretty sure I figured it out, but it will require me to release a new build.

From some playing around, it seems like it MIGHT be an issue with building both a facility and a staff room at once, even though the game lets you do that.
Ah thanks, I'll check on that. Haven't had time to yet.

Worth asking: it goes against the enforcer motif, but any chance if the player is a former courteson (career wise) they can pick up where they left off to earn some extra coin? After all the rules seem to specify the M.C. cannot sleep with the current courtesons (ha, ha), but nothing seemed to specify they can't handle some Johns or strut their stuff on the pole. Viva charisma! Inspire your team from the front by jiggling that prodigous back (side), for great distopian future justice!
Haven't planned for it yet... that would require a new set of gameplay mechanics so maybe as an expansion or something...

Of Hatsuo, Jasen, and Iron Gregorian, may I ask which of them are bi and which one of them is straight?
Hatsuo and Jasen are bi, Greg is straight. As far as I know.

ShamanLab

[Industry News] Weird behavior (c)
Game Developer
Dec 16, 2019
Is there somewhere clear and simple description how much content it there??

Scenes, weapons, enemies, maps??

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Is there somewhere clear and simple description how much content it there??

Scenes, weapons, enemies, maps??

Here you go:

Current content as of version 0.065

**Public Demo**

*Major quests:*
- Lifting the Mercantile Freeze (full questline)
- For the Guild (Upgrades)
- For the Guild (Diplomacy)

*Locations:*
- Saint Gorfu

*Sex scenes:*
- Nena scene (intro)
- Kore 1st scene male/female(Guild Hall)
- Kaywin 1st scene female(Body Shop)
- Cyla male (Privacy Booths, Gloryhole)

**Patron Demo**

*Major quests:*
- Lifting the Mercantile Freeze (full questline)
- For the Guild (Upgrades)
- For the Guild (Diplomacy)
- The Coming Storm (1st and 2nd missions)
- Iron and Velvet (1st and 2nd missions)
- The Abyss (1st and 2nd missions)
- The Bloody Hawk (1st and 2nd missions)

*Locations:*
- Saint Gorfu
- The Commercial District
- Dockside
- Cellerdown Market

*Sex scenes:*
- Nena scene (intro)
- Kore 1st scene male/female(Guild Hall)
- Kaywin 1st scene female(Body Shop)
- Kaywin 2nd scene female(Guild Hall)
- Thassia 1st scene male/female(Guild Hall)
- Thassia 2nd scene male(Guild Hall)
- Kore/Kaywin threesome male (Guild Hall)
- Cyla male (Privacy Booths, Gloryhole)

Reactions: ShamanLab

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
Great game with a really interesting concept. Too bad its a bit clunky tho.
Thanks! Still in Alpha stage, hopefully it will improve over time. Eventually I will have to revamp the UI, especially menu screens. But for right now I left it as is since it's workable.

Also a gif example of animated 2D CGs in the game. Working on adding more of these, although quality varies. Hopefully animation quality will improve once I move to sectioned sprites.

Thassiaanimatedgifedited.gif

slitherhence

Sep 24, 2017
are the sex scenes all in sprites?
For now. Check the post directly before yours for an example of upcoming 2dcg sex content. Of just the following quote.

Thanks! Still in Alpha stage, hopefully it will improve over time. Eventually I will have to revamp the UI, especially menu screens. But for right now I left it as is since it's workable.

Also a gif example of animated 2D CGs in the game. Working on adding more of these, although quality varies. Hopefully animation quality will improve once I move to sectioned sprites.

View attachment 763211
Hooooooot. Leave it to Thassia to put the slut in sex worker. BTW, really curious what you're using for animations. Was this hand animated? I'm no artist... but it seems like impressive work if it was. Most artists only animate small parts in order to reduce their work load. Not sure if the banding i'm seeing on her thighs is a result of GIF being a terrible image format or the tell tale mark of cell shading.

Also, "segmented sprites"... you're going to be using real-time compositing for the 2dcg scenes? With different layers that you can change independently? I would be very interested in learning your process for that if you get it working well. I didn't mention it... but I plan to make games with a heavy transformation focus... and being able to use pre-rendered sex scenes when I cannot know what the characters' bodies will look like ahead of time necessitates some form of segmenting and real-time compositing. Otherwise i'd have to render a hundred variations of every scene. I've been putting a lot of thought into how that would work and so far I only have conjecture and hypotheticals. Still teaching myself Daz Studio atm... so not quite to the point where I can experiment with it.

Sorry if I'm being a pest with all these questions. Feel free to ignore me if I'm taking too much or your time or asking for details you'd rather not share.

Tyranicon

Game Developer
Nov 12, 2019
are the sex scenes all in sprites?
SEx scenes are 95% pixel for now, will have more 2D CGs as the game updates.
For now. Check the post directly before yours for an example of upcoming 2dcg sex content. Of just the following quote.

Hooooooot. Leave it to Thassia to put the slut in sex worker. BTW, really curious what you're using for animations. Was this hand animated? I'm no artist... but it seems like impressive work if it was. Most artists only animate small parts in order to reduce their work load. Not sure if the banding i'm seeing on her thighs is a result of GIF being a terrible image format or the tell tale mark of cell shading.

Also, "segmented sprites"... you're going to be using real-time compositing for the 2dcg scenes? With different layers that you can change independently? I would be very interested in learning your process for that if you get it working well. I didn't mention it... but I plan to make games with a heavy transformation focus... and being able to use pre-rendered sex scenes when I cannot know what the characters' bodies will look like ahead of time necessitates some form of segmenting and real-time compositing. Otherwise i'd have to render a hundred variations of every scene. I've been putting a lot of thought into how that would work and so far I only have conjecture and hypotheticals. Still teaching myself Daz Studio atm... so not quite to the point where I can experiment with it.

Sorry if I'm being a pest with all these questions. Feel free to ignore me if I'm taking too much or your time or asking for details you'd rather not share.
This is currently a flat, unsegmented, unlayered 2D sprite.... which means it's very hard to hand animate, but I managed to get a pretty talented animator.

By segmented sprites, I just mean sprites that are cut up into different body parts and still hand-animated by an artist. Each position would require it's own lineart and animation work. This is still work intensive (even if its the standard for 2D sex games).

KapitanDupa

Aug 5, 2016
Opened game and suddenly Isidor - The last Geisha started playing, had to check if everything is fine with my playlist but it was in game.
10/10 would listen

Reactions: slitherhence
3.70 star(s) 17 Votes