VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Memories of a Dream [v0.3] [memori-dev]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Musicfruit

Where do I start? The writing is just bland and there are quite a few mistakes. MC is a wimp, which is annoying and he is too, quite bland. There was this scene where the MC stares at a girl without saying anything. After she asked a single question or two the MC thinks: 'Why is she so interested or is she just nice?' The charcters often react unnatural and have no chemistry between them at all. MC has a best friend since childhood days, he even had a crush on her. Yet they don't have anything in common, no similiar interests. The big thing the game has, are it's dreams, they are kinda boring and not funny.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

GreenGobbo

Played/Rating version 0.3

Solid game far.

Pretty good models for Koikatsu

Characters are a pretty fun bunch.

Stort is a bit wacky and pretty funny.

My only complaint has to do with the back and forth pacing.
    At the start you pick and choose an activity for each time slot, and sometimes a story thing will pop up and over-ride the schedule with some plot stuff. Not bad. But then as the game continues, the plot stuff takes over for a LOOOOOONG time without you having any choices on what to do, where to go, or who you want to interact with.
    Then it kinda starts a little bit to bring back the schedule thing, but not really. It's there, but the choices don't seem to matter at all and sometimes the choice menu is there, but there's only a single option.
    And then after few more smaller plot scenes it's over.

All in all, I say it was definitely good enough to recommend, but I'd prefer it if the dev either stuck with the choice menu all the time or the story mode style all the time. The bouncing back and forth between them kinda makes the pacing feel a bit wonky.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

MidnightKing

Good start for a 0.1! I think more than anything this game is just fun. I feel in a lot of these games people generally dislike dream scenes (at least I usually do) but this game has managed to twist it into something interesting and enjoyable. There is a certain charm that exists with the humor as well.

I like the sort of simplified sandbox mechanics with the task list. It gives players a bit of choice while not being overbearing or convoluted. There is also a lot of content for such an early version, and it left off with a good twist too. Overall, I enjoyed the game and look forward to seeing how it develops!
  4. 5.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of Version 0.1
    Kindred Amazing game , I have never played a game which had this much content for V0.1 , it took me more or less 5 hrs to finish playing it . Story and writing was excellent . Models look great for a koikatsu game and H scenes are well done . I hope it stays the same VN with some sandbox features with no grind which I loved in this game and doesn't change into free roam , maps and location which increases grind . Loved all the female characters which are introduced in the harem and the ending cliffhanger was nice touch .
    Overall 5 stars nice start dev , the game has huge potential and looking forward to future updates .
  5. 5.00 star(s)

bobberttt

Really good for v0.1! Great writing, good renders, a sandbox-ish interface that isn't grindy and annoying. Really good amount of playing time. I'm looking forward to the next chapter. Keep up the good work dev!