VN - Ren'Py - Mentor Life [v0.1 Remake] [BRdsky]

1. 3.00 star(s)

ryansFLYIN

Placeholder pending more updates.
    The story has been redone. There is no longer one full week with the first five girls; there is the first meeting and then school starts and introduces many of the girls we previously met in week 2. There is also a longer backstory for the MC at the beginning. Can't say much - and my rating remains unchanged until further review once we get a couple more updates.

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

joryh

Girls are cute, some really hot. Situation could be fun. IF the endless monologing wasn't beating the dead horse into a fine paste that seeps into the ground. Or should I say crater. That formed under the horse from the relentless beating it stopped feeling a year ago. It's just mind numbing. As mentioned in other reviews, this could be good, if and only when it undergoes serious editing to remove the godawful word bloat reminiscent of the most junior of shonen. I'm surprised they weren't calling out the names of their combat moves during fights.
  3. 1.00 star(s)

Psykoman1978

started pretty good
    to much dialoge where mc talks to himself
    then a week in the game all those shadows you saw before became faces and with that the wrong group of girls appeared in the game and thats when you don´t have a choice with which girl you want to interact there all will be forced on even the sluts or girls you start to hate
  4. 4.00 star(s)

Burgh917

Like the story so far (i haven't finished it yet), good dialogue lots of interesting characters, almost to many though. Love the fact that there is almost always something going on in the background, that's an attention to detail that i can appreciate. I do wonder though why if they are in Japan is there a Japanese language class in what is essentially a college.
  5. 5.00 star(s)

gefion19

This game is just what i looking for. As an anime lover, I liked the art design and characters. I wanted to support. I've been searching anime style, harem, school game. Then i discovered this game and enjoyed.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 5144788

Mentor Life
    Version: 0.4
    Type: VN - Story-based
    Content: Medium
    Pacing: Slow
    Plot line: Main Charm of the Game - School Club Life - Competition - Mentor Supervision - School Reputation - School Gangs - Yakuza Interference
    Setting: School - After golden age of mentors - MC's secret comeback as mentor

Character Models: Awersome - smooth design
    Personalities: very developed (lots of text)

Music: Decent
    Animation: Good but can be improved
  7. 2.00 star(s)

Bingoogus

There's a good game under four times more words than are justified in this VN. If you don't have the patience for sifting through bloated, over-repeated inner monologues and wistful philosophical musings just to get to the parts that are worth reading, move on, trust me, i tried, i stuck with this game for days, but after the millionth situation where someone was droning on about fuck all, saying the same thing 10 different ways before finally moving on and wanting to throw my keyboard through my monitor, i've finally given up. This story DESPERATELY needs a proofreader and an editor to cut down the writing by a MINIMUM of 50%. There are brief spurts of well written dialogue and story-building but for every one of them there are 6 scenes of characters just talking or thinking to themselves about every teeny tiny detail of every single word in every single sentence about something someone else said or did, it's absolutely draining to read this VN for more than 15-20 minutes at a time.

The girls are cute, so 2 stars i guess.
  8. 2.00 star(s)

Sesinho

I played from the last update not knowing what i was doing and I wanted to shoot myself because of the MC inner dialogue. Then I played 15 minutes from the actual begining of the game before skipping.
    Its safe to say that the game current lewds are very few. In 300 seconds of skipping it has 2 scenes, and maybe 2 others that are touching and stripping. This alone is enough to say that in the lewd aspect its not worth anybody's time as of 0.3.
    As for the story, I don't think is that well written to chose it over an actual book.
    Girls look good, but to see a couple of upskirts and girls changing there are enough camgirls in this world to chose that look better.

Maybe in the future. Who knows?
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Buryat Supremacy

Written for version 0.3.
    Overall experience - rough around the edges, but still a promising harem, has a potential of being a great, if author deliver on his promises.

I like:
    - BIG BUTS AND I CANNOT LIE...cough...generally attractive character design, as well competent set design. Not a fan of Koikatsu, but this one is exception.
    - Main character. Benevolent in intentions, yet shows that he can be proactive and willing to manipulate people and events to reach his goals. All the parts that involves being in his head and reading his thoughts was usually more enjoyable to me. Hope he will get even more domineering in the future.
    - Adult content made in good taste. Game doesn't have a lot of sex scenes at the moment for a plot reasons, but it compensates that by really well done teasing, flashing and romantic moments, that got me more "existed" than a lot of sex scenes in other games. It really excels in showing of that sweetness of romantic endeavor, first kiss, first love, e.t.c.
    - All the parts that involved general plot and it's development was enjoyable. I'm feeling hocked up and intrigued.

I don't like:
    - Too much words! I feel like we could cut from 20% to 40% of the text and get a much better experience. Too much repeating the same thought, too much dwelling on trivialities, it's just turning into a slog. Especially true about more delicate characters like Astrid, getting stuck into a purple prose of her thoughts isn't fun.
    - Feels weird that MC doesn't communicate with teachers and principal, or any other adult for that matter, except for *spoiler*. Dev did gave us a plot explanation, and I'm usually willing to suspend my disbelieve, but the only though that was spinning in my head while I read the first days was: "You only made 6 character models, didn't ya?". Luckily 0.3 added a lot more characters, which is definitely made scenes a lot more lively and believable, so I'm willing to write it off as an early development problem, but I would honestly consider partially remaking first 7 days or adding some extra scenes in the future.
  10. 2.00 star(s)

buff

Going to have to disagree with the crowd on this one... Didn't like it.

The good:
    * If you like upskirts, this game has you covered. Shitloads of schoolgirls in every frame with panties peeking out of micro-miniskirts.
    * The mentor character is kind of cool, some sort of super-ninja crime-fighter guy. But you are forced to pick a name for him, which generally means that the writer expects you to self-insert, so there's going to be a lot of Mary Sue-ing.

The bad:
    * The art is meh. The subject matter choice is fine (see above), but the actual art quality is average at best.
    * The dialogue is..... incredibly vapid. It's just page after page after page after page AFTER PAGE of vapid bullshit. Everything that could be said in one line takes five instead. Some of that is fine-- character building, etc-- but every time a character does ANYTHING there is page after page about it. It's like: "Oh no! Look at my shoe! My shoe is untied! Maybe I should bend down and tie it. OK, I found a good place to tie my shoe. I'm going to tie my shoe now. This happened to Dorothy once, didn't it? I remember her tying her shoe. I think it was in the lunchroom. I am almost done tying my shoe now. There, my shoe is now good as new! Now what was I doing before I had to tie my shoe?"
    * The plot is there, but figuring out what it is requires sifting through all that banal bullshit and your brain is too numb to do it.
    * The writer uses slow-ish transitions on EVERY SINGLE FRAME. So not only do you need to go through 30 pages of bullshit every time any character does anything, you have to either suffer between clicks or disable transitions, which is risky in a VN since often they are tied to meaningful effects.

So here's a good description of what playing this game is like: Remember the famous "sexposition" scenes in Game of Thrones? Like, a character would be doing a long exposition about some plot developments but there would be two whores making out with each other in the background, so you had some eye candy while you listened. Imagine a scene like that, except:
    - It lasts a loooooong time
    - Instead of naked whores, it's schoolgirls
    - Instead of fucking they are just doing regular stuff, with the odd bit of sexiness (like there was a nice random spanking scene in the background that made no sense but was still kinda hot)
    - Instead of important plot points it's 15000 words about how student council elections are important
  11. 3.00 star(s)

Mushybird

Playing on v0.2

This game is surprisingly great when it comes to its visuals. The renders are usually pretty good, the girls themselves look delightful, and the backgrounds for some of the scenes are great as well. A bit of a strange shift occurs in the opening though, where the game shows lovingly hand drawn backgrounds, but then switches over to the regular Koikatsu assets. It's a bit jarring, and I would recommend either sticking with one or the other.
    Secondly, I don't know why some people are praising this game for its writing. There are quite a few grammatical mistakes, especially in the beginning. For some reason the MC and others keep calling his office at school his "personal cabinet", which makes me think the creators first language is not English. I don't know how true this is, but I would recommend asking around for a proofreader of sorts to run through the dialogue and clean it up, since it feels very stiff (besides containing those little mistakes I mentioned earlier.) It honestly made me start falling asleep at certain parts due to how little is actually being said.
    The music is pretty good overall. I didn't think there was anything that didn't fit the scene or tone during the game, and I enjoyed them.
    I would say this game has an interesting idea behind it, but the dialogue is so stiff that I couldn't get invested in any of these characters, despite how visually appealing the whole package is. And considering that this is a novel, that's a bit of a deal breaker for me. I give it 3 stars for its potential, but there's still a lot of work that needs to be done for it to be great.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

AryanKarthick

As of version 0.2
    Nice start enjoyed playing this game. Amazing renders, Cute and lovely female characters . Most importantly a good wholesome story and top notch writing and a decent Main character who genuinely cares for the girls in a a nice harem romance and school setting . No annoying SANDBOX features , a nice visual novel with choices ( I hope it stays the same ) . I am surprised by the huge amount of gameplay for a version 0.2 . Music and sex animations are nice additions to the game . Overall great game and Kudos BRdsky for this game , looking forward to future updates and characters .
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Seveas

So great, I don't know what so say! Just played for some time now and these girls must be the cutest characters I have seen yet!

It's also neither pure text nor is it pure sex, it strikes the perfect balance IMO. Yeah, maybe it's a little unrealistic how quickly the girls fall in love with the teacher, but I really like that, and it at least made me feel good while playing. It's supposed to be a game, and if realism is the focus, then there are other games to play. The scenes themselves were also great, it seriously has great potential.

Loved this so far and I'm glad that it exists. Thumbs up from me!
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Herbii

It's only a 0.1 release and there's already a lot of content here, all of which so far is good quality. I like the models and the writing is good. Can't wait to see where this goes! Would love to see some incest added in but the dev seems know what he's doing so far.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

KnightOwlSC

Really enjoying this one.. the writing is good.. it has an interesting premise and the seeds for some future drama have already been planted. The girls are nicely done and I'm happily looking forward to more!
  16. 4.00 star(s)

JustSomeGuy1738

The characters models looks great, the story is nice, the girls are fun, and the humor is pretty on point when it's attempted. The only negative things I found were that most times the lighting (specifically bright areas) and character models do not mix well at all, this couples with a few angles making the characters just look awkward and stiff.
    Overall it's a great game that I highly recommend you play.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

wootdeleon69

This is a pretty solid start of a harem game! I actually enjoy each one of the girls! They're all lovable in their own unique way.

This start does hint at some potentially intense drama, and definitely leaves a nice hook.

It's also interesting seeing an MC with a history in these games. I would suggest his tattoos be actually Yakuza tattoos, but maybe there's a reason why they're not. He also looks kinda funny with the triangle chin facial hair. Despite his design, he is genuinely caring about his girls, so that's nice.

I hope to see a nice balance between the MC's past and the girls' stories. Good pacing will be needed for a game with tons of characters.
  18. 5.00 star(s)

Erochaser

So far I have really enjoyed this one! Great character building, very cute designs, and a really good story. Perfect sized release for an initial release as well. Normally a game might have one or two characters that I am really drawn to, but so far all 5 of the girls shown so far are really likeable in their own, cute way. And each one has their own story to tell, full of emotions, laughs, and a few tears that may hit you in the feels! Cannot wait to see what this Mentor Life is going to bring us next!