RPGM - Completed - Meria and the Island of Orcs [Final] [wagasi biyori]

1. 3.00 star(s)

RagueltheUFO

It was a drag to finish this one after I lost my hard drive and all my save data. Made it to the end this time. and will be doing the entire series. Remember, this is this team's first game so I'm not as hard on it as others would be.

Pros
    • When you turn off the effects, the game runs perfectly.
    • Artwork is very good.
    • Simple story to follow.
    • The more money you get, the more you can upgrade. The further in you go, the more the items get updated.
    • All money is earned from selling items you win in battle. Only when lust is high are you able to prostitute yourself and get extra money.
    • H scenes are pretty hot even if there are few variations.
    • Every enemy has 2 variations including bosses.
    Cons:
    • This is this company’s first game, so a lot of complaints now can be checked in later games.
    • There’s hardly a story. After the first scene where Meria gets on the island and the scene where her master gets on the island, there isn’t anything in between.
    • The game expects you to mess up to get most of the h scenes including the ones that happen in town. 30 is too high to get into a lewd state because it requires you to throw against the orcs and wasting a lot of time or spending money to increase her lust.
    • The game is very punishing at the beginning. You have bad equipment, you don’t have that many items and your mana is most likely to run out early. Early orcs are easy to deal with because they take neutral damage to fire. Once the game starts throwing orc mages and senior orcs, you’ll notice that they resist fire and require you to buy new spells. When you’re tight on money at the beginning of the game, this is just a nightmare grind to extend playtime.
    • There is no fucking reason for the tentacle boss to be harder than the final boss! This was not playtested in the slightest. You can’t tell me the orc king can do 400-500 damage on average when you’re at a decent level while you have to overlevel to not get 2-shot by the tentacle boss, which does 1500 per hit! It’s one big snowball effect if you let it hit you once. On top of that, its health is stupid high…like higher than the final boss. Why does it have more than 20k hp?! Meria is more likely to run out of MP and not be able to charge fast enough.
    • The one side quest in this game is a waste of time. The game says it’s a waste of time, but it doesn’t reward you with anything. It just shows how much Alma is a jerk in this game.
    • The final boss was stupid easy and disappointing. Constantly having to go through the cave without running out of mana is harder than the final boss! The boss has no dialogue and it's just a rampaging orc. It dies and there’s nothing else after the fact.
    • Only two endings based on whether or not you beat the final boss while your lust is over 30 or not. It’s not that satisfying especially when that ending isn’t canon.
    • Losing to the orcs gets you a bad end game before returning you to the last crystal. What is the point of Alma being on the island if she’s not even going to help Meria in the bad ending? It looks bad on her to let her apprentice be raped to death. It’s poorly thought out.
    • The game is very easy once you get the sleep spell. It doesn’t miss and puts the enemy to sleep for 4-5 turns. This works even on bosses. This game was not thought out. The issue with the second boss is nullified with sleep but only if you have enough healing items for magic to be able to kill it before it wakes up and kills you in two hits (it’s not good game design).
  2. 2.00 star(s)

Linkolek

Ughhh, where to beginwith this? TL;DR is: decent game if not for a anti player choices of the dev.
    story - 2,5/5
    art - 4/5
    music / sfx - no score(I muted it)
    gameplay 1/5
    sex - 1,5/5

Story is generic, but pasable overall (exept sex scenes, look below). Really, not much to say about it. Greenhorn adventurer on first quest. finds mere than they should be able to take, but win anyway (exept bad end).

Art is good. Too bad that there is no scene with master. If you played a lot of japanese RPG maker games you know what to expect (beside there are pictures on main page)

Music and sound is something i turn off in most games, but what little it played, sounded generic, if you like music from those kind of games, epect more of the same

Level desing is something I rarely give rating for, but this game screwed it up so bad I have to give a warning to other players. There are tiles that looks like you should be able to walk on, but can't (and vice versa). There is fast travel system, but it's placed very badly. It's a minor nitpick, but game works on "monster -> loot -> sell-> buy" system, and your master sells spells but doesn't buy loot, so every time you want a new spell, you need to teleport to city and sell, then teleport back to hut.

Gameplay is mostly OK, only exeption being tentackle boss. Not only it's one of only 2 monsters that give you certain scenes for gallery, it's a BIG spike in difficulty (it's legit harder than final boss). Beating him, like everything after obtaining sleep spell can be cheesed, but getting that scenes is nigh impossible on first playthrough with how random ero attacks are.
    Speaking of with: sometimes (seems like when your HP is below 1/3) enemies will strip you. After that, until you heal at crystal / bed or use sewing kit, they MIGHT rape you in battle, this makes both practicipants unable to take turns for a while. All would be good if not that post sex stun doesn't give you protection from being raped again, sometimes leading to stun-locking. Every in game rape plays the whole scene (can't skip ones already seen) gives you 1 corruption (or howeverit was called) point. For 2nd ending you need 50. Far to slow making drugs (+10 points) a nessesity.
    Also, if you want to buy EVERY item and spell, start with spells on 1st playthrough, as items and cash get reset, and you are likely to get to lvl 99 before you will be halfway there with cash.
    Some of the spells / items are more important than others, and levels matter more as a "how long before I have to go to bed again. If you pick "correct" items winning the game becomes an issue of how many trips before I get enough cash for x item.
    Overall the shining example of what NOT to do in RPG Maker game.

Lastly, sex scenes. Sadly game is a big dissapointment for me there. While art is good enough, scenes are extremly short and story is barly there. My advise is to just find CG, if you like art.

P.S.
    Items / spells to get: silver / royal rod, magic / night shield, pendant of soul, any other equipmet you can afford hepls a lot too.
    SparkBolt, WindArrow, SleepingWind
    You might consider AirTrust to grind faster, maybe.
    You don't need anything else. WindArrow orcs, SparkBolt slimes / tentacle boss, physical strike / fire(depends on equipment) for wizards.
    Wizards are most annying, so just run away, really.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Reversedh

This game might be a pretty good game if only it didn't need that much grind. So after all the morning, i've finished the game. However, the reward is not that much. The game started pretty amazing: you're a cute mage, travel to a village then decide to help the villagers killing all the orcs. The story sound pretty obvious and i kinda like it at first. Not to mention that there is a hot MC's Teacher who will show up later in game. But everything after that is a nightmare. The MC is too weak compare to every other game that is set to normal mode. Even at level 21, killing the second boss (the one you will meet after idk... after 20 min gameplay) is harder than beating dark souls bosses. Also leveling up is another nightmare. Let say i'm at level 20 and i want to level up to 21. I'll need 3000 exp. However, the amount of exp that you get from normal enemies is 400exp (you need atleast 3 turns to kill them). OR you can kill some group enemies that will give you about 1000exp... but they're tough af. Also... how tf can you defeat a slime when it resist to all your attack... (you only know fire spell at first, and .... i won't mention about melee attack) You need atleast 7 turns to kill a slime and another 2 turns to kill the orc next to it. Then... well done you got 1000exp and run out of MP. :) let's go back to the town and do it again. HELL NO. Anyway, maybe i'm a little frustrated and i'm sorry about it. Everything is okay other than the gameplay its self. The maps are beautiful with many light effects, the CG arts are good and eye-catching and blah blah. And of course all the scenes are rape or mind control. You will have 2 types of scenes: Defeated rape and During combat rape (the most time consuming rape: need to wait 3 turn for her to wake up then resume the battle) However, the game will take you a lot of time just like i wasted 1 hour just to kill the second boss (30 min farming from lv15 - lv25 then another 30 min trying to defeat the boss). And that's just the beginning of the game.... Overall, if you're looking for the CGs, just find the full save and watch them in gallery (the book next to your bed). If not, don't play it unless you have so much time to waste.