VN - Ren'Py - Abandoned - Messiah Supreme [v0.2] [VaFaill Games]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Pinesama

v0.1EXt Review
    Early review... This has potential to be really fun and memorable. In a goofy harem anime sort of way.

Obviously, the visuals are not the best. In fact, they are pretty bad and that is the main reason I'm only giving 3 stars at this point. There is good potential for improvement as the females are all pretty cute and there is a wide variety of (presumably) bangable characters. The wives are all are very different looking and that is great to see. What lets it down is the overall render quality and lack of quality lighting.

Storywise, the prologue is overly drawn out and has you following a pretty miserable and not particularly likable character named Maria. My impression is that the events of the first part of the story are not literal but as interpreted by a schoolgirl with a pariah complex. Eventually we are introduced to the MC and his menagerie of wives. It's a breath of fresh air and where the fun and (hopefully) true nature of the game begin to emerge. Here, the relationships and rules of his absurd existence is explained. The interactions are way over-the-top but, for me, that's all part of its charm. I mean... your dragon-girl wife goes into a jealous rage because you're getting blown by your cat-girl wife in front of her so she hatches a revenge plan involving a cucumber since cats are terrified of them. Shit is hilarious.

One thing to be aware of with this game is that at least some of your choices seem to carry greater significance than in similar games. The one lewd scene, in particular, had multiple ways it could play out and that means it can be possible to completely miss the "good stuff". I'm not sure if this is a strength or a weakness. It certainly encourages save-scumming. That much, Im sure of.

If this initial release is an exercise in suspension of disbelief. there is virtually no limit to how bizzare this may become. I sincerely hope that the dev. sticks with it so that I may experience more of whatever this is.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

SeanBot

This is far and away the worst game I have ever had the misfortune of playing. I've put down a lot of games, and i've completed a lot more, but this is the first time I've felt the need to write a review.

There are three absolutely critical critical errors in this game. The first is pacing, the second is the models, and the third is the fucking writing.

Firstly, the first half hour or more of the game was straight up, let's abuse the MC in as many ways as possible, threaten rape and molestation over and over, and have everyone in the world hate her. Okay, that's fine. You wanna have 3 back to back pissing scenes in a row? Weird but whatever. But holy fuck. A solid 40 minutes into the game I was so fucking over how unreasonably miserable people were. Like the MC was being molested in the street and people were like, OH IT MUST BE HER FATHER BECAUSE HE MENTIONED SHE LOOKS LIKE HIS DAUGHTER. But that more ties into the third point.

Secondly, the models look like every character was randomly thrown together except the main character and her best friend. Every character I saw was so sloppy, it was like artists drawing a human but they've never seen a human before. Just good descriptions. One chick, there's a photo in the cover, is literally red. Like what? No one questions that?

Thirdly, an education is necessary so you can learn to use your "biran". This statement being an allusion to the miss-written statement in the game. I usually don't mind spelling errors, and I found this one particularly funny, but the awful grammar, terrible spelling, and meaningless dialogue that did little more than clutter the game disappointed me so much that I am at a loss for words. (The audio was equally bad to the writing, but this is still 0.1 so I think patience is called for.)

I appreciate people chasing their passions in game design and trying to make games that entertain people. I truly respect the dev for trying to make a game. And in that regards I recommend as someone who has recently been working in the field of game design to just drop two of the abuse scenes altogether. The principle's office being one. Everything introduced in that scene can be introduced at a later time, if it's even necessary at all. Additionally, the sex is so bizarre and unrelated it's wild. We go from a tickle fight to a scene where the MC needs to literally penetrate herself anally in order to shit? Like what the fuck? If you want her to masturbate, have her masturbate because of the fucking tickling. Don't make her stuff objects up her ass to shit. That's so ridiculous it's angering.

I'm not sure if the dev just wants to write an abuse fantasy where the main girl is just constantly miserable or he wants to make the character more compelling, but whatever his goal he does little but make everyone seem so far gone from a sentient creature that it's obscene.