• To improve security, we will soon start forcing password resets for any account that uses a weak password on the next login. If you have a weak password or a defunct email, please update it now to prevent future disruption.

Daz Blender Messy Work needs help

RaunchyDragon

Jul 21, 2022
Hello together,

I'm working on methods to messify my models. I created a procedural material for the smeared part and I'm using Metaballs for the fluids.

I created a model in Daz and exported it with diffeomorphic daz importer to blender.
There, I created the procedural part which I added to a copy of the mesh of the model.
The procedural part is only applied to parts of the mesh, applied with a simple black/white texture.
Then I added metaballs with snap onto the skin.
It's an empty scene which bath hrdi.

What do you think about it?
Any ideas, what to improve?
Any ideas, where I can find help or tools to improve my work?

heather-messy-01.png

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
How about you try some more robust physical simulation instead of procedural approach?
I use phoenixFD but I'm sure you can find similar with Blender.

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
What are you trying to create exactly?

If its just some dirt or something on top of the body, you can just add this in the shader.

If you want it to be more like the big yellow stuff in your picture, I would look into fluid sims. You really need simulations to make it look natural, as in how it would actually move over a persons body. I dont have much knowledge on that part, but google/youtube if your friend. Maybe something like this to start with it: .

RaunchyDragon

Jul 21, 2022
I've tried already fluid sim for blender (mantaflow and flip fluids). The fluid is thick and looks unnatural even when I have a relatively high resolution. The fluid calculation is already in the minutes mark and goes quickly up to hours.

Here is an example, what I try to recreate.

Custard Example.png

Synx

Jul 30, 2018
Ow I found this: . It's a free sticky fluid asset where the guy did the liquid sims already. You just shrinkwrap it to your mesh and click play to play the liquid sim. Stop it at a point you want.

Downloaded it myself to check it out and it looks really good.

RaunchyDragon

Jul 21, 2022
Thanks for the stick fluid. I got a couple ideas from there. This is my next try - concentrating on the big mess.
Now - draw a curve - the geometry nodes does the rest - apply smooth and material - finish. Calculation time a second instead of minutes or hours for fluid sim.

heather-messy-02.png

Does it look realistic enough? What do you think guys? Changed it to chocolate - looks yummi!

*edit: switched image to png

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Does it look realistic enough?
Only you can decide if it is "enough". It looks passable to me, but I don't have a WAM fetish.

The movement of physical molecules of a liquid in "reality" is the result of a near infinite-resolution realtime constraint solver. The reason true fluid simulation takes hours is because genuine physics-accurate simulation is HARD.