Mod Midlife Crisis - Courteous Mod + Walkthrough v34 [thanks for the demos]

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Do i have to use Unren for this to work? I tried just copying the files and I do not get any green highlights for the routes. The first couple choices to barge or not barge into the room and to leave or linger if you do barge in are just white. I never used Unren so I was trying to avoid it if possible.
No you don't have to use unren. Not all choices will be highlighted. only the important ones. But the mod also hasn't been updated for the newest version yet.

xl AzmoDan lx

Sep 23, 2020
Oh okay, I guess that means that just not an important choice. Ill play more and see if anything changes. I tried to use Unren but just got errors everytime

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Oh okay, I guess that means that just not an important choice. Ill play more and see if anything changes. I tried to use Unren but just got errors everytime
Quick fix for those that want to play 0.21 with 0.20 courteous mod saves. I didn't do any highlights cause it's not my mod, but from what I can see the choices are really up to you type choices. Place both files in the game folder and overwrite if needed.

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
Is there any chance of saving my saves after playing this patch?
I installed this patch about 4 times, hopeing that next time seve will work fine. Unfortunately, I always had to start the game from scratch (sometimes I were able to load the old save).
What a fucking mod. You are tempted to use it, and in the end you get the short end of the stick.

Is there a chance someone will do it right? HELP!

Portaya: unfortunately your fix doesn't work in my case (all hn21v * images are missing)

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Is there any chance of saving my saves after playing this patch?
I installed this patch about 4 times, hopeing that next time seve will work fine. Unfortunately, I always had to start the game from scratch (sometimes I were able to load the old save).
What a fucking mod. You are tempted to use it, and in the end you get the short end of the stick.

Is there a chance someone will do it right? HELP!

Portaya: unfortunately your fix doesn't work in my case (all hn21v * images are missing)
hmm that's strange neither the courteous mod or my fix even touch anything to do with images. Did you download the full or the update file for 0.21?

robbaniak

Jul 17, 2019
hmm that's strange neither the courteous mod or my fix even touch anything to do with images. Did you download the full or the update file for 0.21?
ShaddyModda - I cancel the alarm :)
I uploaded everything ... except the upgrade to v21. What a crap.
...but I still had to use an earlier save, because the one created at the end of v20 won't load.

Reactions: ShaddyGames

lemonfreak

The Freakiest of Lemons
Oct 24, 2018
ShaddyModda - I cancel the alarm :)
I uploaded everything ... except the upgrade to v21. What a crap.
...but I still had to use an earlier save, because the one created at the end of v20 won't load.
That's not unusual with renpy, often a save too close to the end of one version won't recognise an update. Usually if you roll back 5 or 6 screens it'll pick up on the change (although someone I interacted with in the main thread said that didn't work for them).

Reactions: ShaddyGames

Harliqyn

Oct 3, 2017
I am not seeing any highlight choices when starting a new game. Fresh install of game and everything.

ShaddyGames

Engaged Member
Modder
Donor
Game Developer
Jan 19, 2020
Logan3000x Check to make sure you don't have identical files and folders in
"C:\Users\ronny.x\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-0.21-pc" and
"C:\Users\ronny.x\Downloads\MidLifeCrisis-0.21-pc\MidLifeCrisis-0.20-pc"

If you do then you did not merge folders correctly.

If you only downloaded the update file for MidLifeCrisis-0.21 and already have the file for MidLifeCrisis-0.20 then follow the directions below.

If you downloaded the full version file for MidLifeCrisis-0.21 then simply follow the installation instruction for all. Game & Mods

You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Reactions: Logan3000x
5.00 star(s) 2 Votes