Mod Ren'Py Midnight Paradise - Shawn's Walkthrough + Improvements [0.25] [Shawnchapp]

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
See thats odd it says you're on both.. did you use the harem king option? or another cheat? becuase using the mods "harem king" option should've added both properly but it looks like the event never got added to your event pool..

to fix leave the basement
open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
add_event("eliana_story_event_7")
reenter basement

event should start and guide should work as normal

Reactions: blankbeater

blankbeater

Aug 18, 2019
See thats odd it says you're on both.. did you use the harem king option? or another cheat? becuase using the mods "harem king" option should've added both properly but it looks like the event never got added to your event pool..

to fix leave the basement
open console (shift+O) and type
Code:
add_event("eliana_story_event_7")
reenter basement

event should start and guide should work as normal
didnt even know there was a harem king option tbh ...
thanks for the help it worked :D

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018
post right above yours Lol
Yes mod adds the patch if you use the standalone it will cause errors so delete it :)
Actually, it shouldn't. It seems I should have rebuild both rpyc instead of just renaming them as requested :unsure:

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Actually, it shouldn't. It seems I should have rebuild both rpyc instead of just renaming them as requested :unsure:
its cause of the file name, the default patch is just called "patch" so its getting defined twice

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I am not sure why people want that anyway (I know some games it needs to be called patch since the game is looking for a file called patch.rpy etc), why can't people just make a game folder like this, and download everything to it?

2023-08-31 02_42_57-Midnight Paradise [v0.20 Elite].png

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
I am not sure why people want that anyway (I know some games it needs to be called patch since the game is looking for a file called patch.rpy etc), why can't people just make a game folder like this, and download everything to it?

View attachment 2892275

TBF its not like anyone ever needs to download a "patch" either 9/10 times all the file contents is

Code:
patch = True
or replace patched with "incest"

Lmao

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: SonsOfLiberty

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
TBF its not like anyone ever needs to download a "patch" either 9/10 times all the file contents is

Code:
Patch = True

Lmao
Yeah, most game just open notepad add some lines save as patch.rpy, but come on, the people on this site barely read anything (I'm not lumping everyone in here, so don't take it to heart), but most do not.

It's like this game: Friends in Need [v0.4] [NeonGhosts], it already had the "taboo" patch, all they need to is open and change false to true...but because I guess people cannot do that or follow directions, a dummy patch is in the OP where it's sat to "true" and folks can copy/replace.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, most game just open notepad add some lines save as patch.rpy, but come on, the people on this site barely read anything (I'm not lumping everyone in here, so don't take it to heart), but most do not.
I mean you're not wrong... i'm willing to bet even in that thread with it linked directly in the OP theres still probably a good chunk of people asking "wheres the patch"

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
I mean you're not wrong... i'm willing to bet even in that thread with it linked directly in the OP theres still probably a good chunk of people asking "wheres the patch"
There is, that's why I included the dummy patch with my compressed post, but they still don't follow....

Most of my compressed includes the patch to save some extra clicks. So, for example, open patch folder, and then copy/replace. Or alternatively set false to true in the patch in the folder called "game".

2023-08-31 02_52_52-FriendsinNeed-pc-compressed.png

Reactions: Shawnchapp

Bibifoc

Engaged Member
Apr 7, 2018

View attachment 2892275
I'd say why not. At least with a specific name, you're sure to know which game the patch applies to.

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Or better yet, "Has the patch been updated for the latest version"... When all it as SonsOLiberty said is a simple text changing false to true... :rolleyes::ROFLMAO:
Lol true, I think i seen 1 where that actualy made sense (all patched related stuff was actualy in the "patch" file)

but ya 99.9% of the time change the flag to true and your good until the end of the game Lol

I'd say why not. At least with a specific name, you're sure to know which game the patch applies to.
True or we could make a universal patch

Code:
define patch = True
define patched = True
define taboo = True
define ipatch = True
Now we covered 98% of games :p

• Haha
Reactions: Bibifoc

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
Yeah, I get that, I was just using an example of some games looking for a specific file and if it's renamed it might cause issues, nothing more, I get it. If you downloaded it into a sea of files and you have patch there with 100 other games, and forget about (yeah, that's me :ROFLMAO: ) it, and you can't figure out what game it goes to.

Code:
define patch = True
define patched = True
define taboo = True
define ipatch = True
Now we covered 98% of games :p

Forgot one, disable futa, yes, I've recently seen it......

Shawnchapp

Modder
Feb 13, 2018
Yeah, I get that, I was just using an example of some games looking for a specific file and if it's renamed it might cause issues, nothing more, I get it. If you downloaded it into a sea of files and you have patch there with 100 other games, and forget about (yeah, that's me :ROFLMAO: ) it, and you can't figure out what game it goes to.

Forgot one, disable futa, yes, I've recently seen it......

that falls into the 2% Lol, also nice of the dev to allow you to disable that.

SonsOfLiberty

Board Buff
Compressor
Sep 3, 2022
that falls into the 2% Lol, also nice of the dev to allow you to disable that.
Well, they must have added it to the game now, as it was a patch on Itch.io. But this case, it's kind of a part of the core mechanic....(the first of the series has a better overview of that), not saying I played recently, so details fuzzy, have but not since I joined this site way back in whatever it was.

Succubus Contract II [v4.0 Fix]