Unity Abandoned Might Makes Right [v0.2] [MIGHTMAKESRIGHT]

2.00 star(s) 1 Vote

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
it says your is removed when i click on the link.
Yeah, Patreon temporarily removed my account for "Suspicious Activity" a few hours after I made it lol. I'm currently in an email conversation with their tech support, it should be back up in a day or two hopefully.

Reactions: pdpdpd

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
The game didn't find ''unityplayer.dll.''so is not working. How can I fix that??
Hi,

In the ZIP folder you download, inside the first folder you should find two other folders, two .EXEs, and a "UnityPlayer.dll" file. When you extract the game, you have to leave this configuration as-is because if that .dll file is moved or deleted it won't work anymore.

axisss

Nov 12, 2017
i really like it but there should be more option i know its on early stage but i wanna use more tool for punishment and maybe some interrogation stuff like inquisition do things for take information

Last edited:

xplieBen1

Mar 2, 2019
i like it as a techdemo, keep it up and maybe in the future we can get a real demo, if the demo success could become something like xstoryplayer in the future like more actions, more outfits ,etc.

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Well, it's been a little while, but I do have some progress to share! Things were a bit iffy at first, with the whole getting immediately banned on patreon thing...but that seems to be over for now. And I have made some solid progress on the project! Nothing to put into an updated build quite yet, but hopefully I can have something new and playable before long. Anyway, as for the progress:

CharacterCloseup.png

1 - The dead-looking eyes of our previous character models were really starting to creep me out...plus, they didn't have any facial bones for expressions. It took a good while, but I've fixed the uncanny-valley faces, and added capability for some basic facial expressions. As you can see in the image, it looks MUCH better compared to what it used to.

2 - Breast physics! This one wasn't too much of a hassle...but it definitely needs some fine-tuning to "feel" right. As you can see in the GIF, the breasts physics are now simulated...it's not perfect, but it's a good start. I'd like to eventually get them to simulate physical interaction with say, a whip as well, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

CharShowcase.gif

3 - And finally, chain physics. It might not seem that complicated, but holy hell Unity's joint system is NOT user friendly. It took me almost an entire week to get something that didn't just immediately fly apart. But now, it actually looks (and works) fairly decent! Chain physics are a nice little bit of immersion that will go well with many bondage poses, and several planned gameplay mechanics require them. For instance, instead of the current placeholder system where you simply command your slave to move to a new position, I'd like to implement a system where you can drag your slave behind you with a collar and chain. I will be working on a prototype for this system next.

So yeah! Things are coming along well enough. I'd like to get a very basic prototype of the combat system up and running soon, along with some character morphs, so I can complete the initial gameplay loop of fighting and capturing different slaves. Stay tuned!

D

Deleted member 78983

Well, it's been a little while, but I do have some progress to share! Things were a bit iffy at first, with the whole getting immediately banned on patreon thing...but that seems to be over for now. And I have made some solid progress on the project! Nothing to put into an updated build quite yet, but hopefully I can have something new and playable before long. Anyway, as for the progress:

View attachment 658629

1 - The dead-looking eyes of our previous character models were really starting to creep me out...plus, they didn't have any facial bones for expressions. It took a good while, but I've fixed the uncanny-valley faces, and added capability for some basic facial expressions. As you can see in the image, it looks MUCH better compared to what it used to.

2 - Breast physics! This one wasn't too much of a hassle...but it definitely needs some fine-tuning to "feel" right. As you can see in the GIF, the breasts physics are now simulated...it's not perfect, but it's a good start. I'd like to eventually get them to simulate physical interaction with say, a whip as well, but we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

View attachment 658631

3 - And finally, chain physics. It might not seem that complicated, but holy hell Unity's joint system is NOT user friendly. It took me almost an entire week to get something that didn't just immediately fly apart. But now, it actually looks (and works) fairly decent! Chain physics are a nice little bit of immersion that will go well with many bondage poses, and several planned gameplay mechanics require them. For instance, instead of the current placeholder system where you simply command your slave to move to a new position, I'd like to implement a system where you can drag your slave behind you with a collar and chain. I will be working on a prototype for this system next.

So yeah! Things are coming along well enough. I'd like to get a very basic prototype of the combat system up and running soon, along with some character morphs, so I can complete the initial gameplay loop of fighting and capturing different slaves. Stay tuned!
Thanks for the update. Really eager to see what the game is going to look like in the future.

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Domination2.PNG

DOWNLOAD LINKS: / /

Well, here it is folks: the combat system is playable! I'll just put a little patch-notes type thing here for now, but I'll soon write up a post detailing my thought processes and everything that went into this build, along with my future goals for the game, and how that's coming along. Anyway, here's a quick overview of what's changed since the last build:

COMBAT MODULE GAMEPLAY

- From the main menu, you can now play one of two modules; Combat, and Hideout. The combat module throws you into an arena, and pits you up against a female opponent. Your goal is fairly simple: dominate your opponent, and impose your long, girthy will upon them. To do this, fight them until their health is reduced to 0. They will fall on their knees in a dazed state. Once this has happened, move close to them and press the E key, as shown by the prompt. You will begin to assert your dominance over them, and the camera will be released into free mode so you can get a better look at the action.

BASIC CONTROLS

Dashes.gif

-You can move in any direction with W/A/S/D
-LEFT ALT does a dash/roll based on the movement key you are pressing
-LEFT MOUSE does a basic attack
-RIGHT MOUSE puts you into a blocking stance
-SPACE makes you jump

ADVANCED MOVES

DashAttack.gif

-DASH ATTACK : Doing a FORWARD DASH (W + LEFT ALT) and then immediately clicking LEFT MOUSE will do a DASH ATTACK. This attack is uninterruptable, and unblockable. It also briefly stuns the target if it hits.

SlamAttack.gif

-SLAM ATTACK : Jumping with SPACE, and then clicking LEFT MOUSE while in the air will do a SLAM ATTACK. This move is (currently) very difficult to control, but if you succeed in landing near your opponent, you will ragdoll knock them to the ground for a few seconds.

Parry.gif

-PARRY : If you start a block with RIGHT MOUSE, immediately before an attack hits you, you will PARRY the attacker. Your opponent is momentarily staggered, and a distinct sound effect is played.

MECHANICS

HealthStamina.PNG

- HEALTH : Both you, and your opponent have HEALTH that depletes when hit. If you hit the enemy enough times, and their health goes to 0, they will fall down in a dazed state, and you can have your way with them.​

- STAMINA : Your ATTACKS, DASHES, and BLOCKS use STAMINA. If you do not have enough stamina to perform a move, the move will not be performed. Likewise, if you do not have enough stamina to fully block an attack, you will take health damage.

- INTERRUPTS : Any basic attack can be INTERRUPTED if you (or the enemy) are hit. SLAM and DASH attacks cannot be interrupted.

- You can replay the combat section as many times as you like, through the (ESCAPE) menu, or through the prompt at the end of your victory.

MISC. NOTES

-Options menus have been added! You can access them by pressing ESCAPE, and you can change the volume, resolution, and fullscreen mode from there. These settings will all be saved. You can also exit the game, or restart the scenario from these menus. Currently, the Hideout module does not have these menus implemented (due to some incredibly frustrating bugs with the mouse cursor), but you can still go back to the main menu by interacting with the door near the tutorial panel.

-Currently, while player health will deplete, it will never reach 0. This is because this is my first iteration of AI, and while I've tried to make it fairly challenging, I don't want to create a situation where it is too hard, and a player gets frustrated and quits without seeing the victory scenario (as that's kinda the whole premise of the game).

-The Hideout module is unchanged from the last build. I haven't done any substantial work on it, since I put all my effort into the combat module.

Domination1.PNG

Well, that's about it! Personally, I'm quite pleased with how the first iteration of the combat system is working out. Obviously there are a ton of things that need changing/fixing/adding still...but it's not bad for a first attempt. I'd seriously appreciate any feedback any of you have to offer on the project...whether that's features you'd like to see, things you would like changed, etc. Let me know!

Last edited:

Tiagolop

Sep 28, 2017
I did the jump attack and ragdolled her out of the arena. :ROFLMAO:
In the hideout, the shackles get messed up when you put a slave in one of the devices.

Last edited:

ng728x

Oct 5, 2019
Gave it another try.

For combat i noticed:
-Slightly slow turning
-No running at all
-No jump animation
-The AI is overly defensive to the point you must take damage to deal some
-Does not always attack when stamina is available
-Does not defend self if you right click right after attacking, and sometimes the same thing going to attack before defense release animation finishes.
-Rarely saw stamina go down from attacking but protagonist wasn't attacking as was supposed to

For the hideout i didn't notice anything new, sad because feels moot to put a slave in the stocks to just stare.

Those are just the negatives, I do enjoy the concept and art and will be anticipating the fixes and feature updates in future releases. :) Maybe not great yet but still early alpha and much better than I could do! Keep up the great work!! :D

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Gave it another try.

For combat i noticed:
-Slightly slow turning
-No running at all
-No jump animation
-The AI is overly defensive to the point you must take damage to deal some
-Does not always attack when stamina is available
-Does not defend self if you right click right after attacking, and sometimes the same thing going to attack before defense release animation finishes.
-Rarely saw stamina go down from attacking but protagonist wasn't attacking as was supposed to

For the hideout i didn't notice anything new, sad because feels moot to put a slave in the stocks to just stare.

Those are just the negatives, I do enjoy the concept and art and will be anticipating the fixes and feature updates in future releases. :) Maybe not great yet but still early alpha and much better than I could do! Keep up the great work!! :D

Hey, thanks for the feedback. Most of it is stuff I was mostly aware of already, but I'm curious as to what you mean by slow turning? Do you mean like, mouse sensitivity wise? Or how the character is slightly delayed when turning to the camera direction?

Thanks for the feedback on the AI as well, I've spent so much time fighting it recently it's hard for me to tell what's wrong with it just because I know all its moves so well :p. Good to get an outside perspective.

And yeah, I didn't add anything to the hideout in this update. I plan on reworking it a bit and combining it with the combat module for the next update, but we'll see where that goes.

Reactions: ng728x

ng728x

Oct 5, 2019
Hey, thanks for the feedback. Most of it is stuff I was mostly aware of already, but I'm curious as to what you mean by slow turning? Do you mean like, mouse sensitivity wise? Or how the character is slightly delayed when turning to the camera direction?

Thanks for the feedback on the AI as well, I've spent so much time fighting it recently it's hard for me to tell what's wrong with it just because I know all its moves so well :p. Good to get an outside perspective.

And yeah, I didn't add anything to the hideout in this update. I plan on reworking it a bit and combining it with the combat module for the next update, but we'll see where that goes.
Both the character turning and mouse sensitivity seem to both just need a slight increase to make it feel how it should.

As for her moves, she sometimes lunges towards the player and ends up right behind and slightly clipped into the back of the player model, which is when i try to turn and attack but get slashed to hell in the process. lol Other than that nothing was so problematic as not being able to attack unless she's attacking because she otherwise blocks with no window of opportunity to strike. I did parry once but wasn't able to again, but i can admit i've never been great at parrying in other games either. The other moves are cool too, excited to see what other ideas you implement next time. :)

ng728x

Oct 5, 2019
Also here's an idea if you like. When i first started combat my first thought was it was kinda strange to fight the woman (though the domination at the end brings some sense to it). Initially my impression was you would fight another man for his woman. This just makes sense to me in that a skinny, sexy girl probably wouldn't handle a sword in such a masterful fashion. I felt like I had to be fighting Xena Warrior Princess. lol Maybe you could do both, as obviously strong women DO exist. But the Roman Arena feel and slave setting had me expecting to fight a slave master. Either way, you already made it work. Just my personal thoughts when going into the combat with fresh eyes.

MightMakesRight

Game Developer
Apr 15, 2020
Also here's an idea if you like. When i first started combat my first thought was it was kinda strange to fight the woman (though the domination at the end brings some sense to it). Initially my impression was you would fight another man for his woman. This just makes sense to me in that a skinny, sexy girl probably wouldn't handle a sword in such a masterful fashion. I felt like I had to be fighting Xena Warrior Princess. lol Maybe you could do both, as obviously strong women DO exist. But the Roman Arena feel and slave setting had me expecting to fight a slave master. Either way, you already made it work. Just my personal thoughts when going into the combat with fresh eyes.

Huh, that's an interesting idea. The current premise is basically that everyone in the arena is a criminal, that is sentenced to fight until they can pay their way out, and if they lose they have no rights so the victor can do as they please. But I suppose naturally, victors who own slaves would eventually have to fight each other at some point too...it's definitely something I'll consider. Thanks.

As for the turning, I'll implement a mouse sensitivity setting in the next update. The whole always blocking thing with the AI is actually somewhat intentional...youre supposed to use a dash attack in this case, as the dash attack is uninterruptable and unblockable, and it stuns the enemy when it hits. But I'll probably implement some variance to the AI's block chance anyway.

• Red Heart
Reactions: ng728x

gdrocker

Nov 17, 2018
Alright, let's get ready to embark in epic gladiatorial combat!
1590280374866.png

...aaaand we're out of bounds. Well, that took all of three seconds.
1590280453238.png

...well, might as well see what the other fighter is doing while we're here.
1590280571016.png

Well, that's rude. I came all this way to greet you, and you won't even say 'hello' to me?
1590280636215.png

Then maybe I'll just let you rot in your cell while I go free. How about that?
1590280743635.png

...slave girl? Are you okay? Was it something I said?
1590280863996.png

Oh... ohhhhh. That's... that's not good. You should get that checked out.
1590280908161.png

Yeaaaah, you're obviously not well. I think I'll just... leave you to your own devices here.
1590281161591.png

...it's more fun to be a spectator at these kinds of events anyways. Now who do I have to murder for some popcorn?!
(Also, I maaaay have accidentally yeeted her into orbit with the slam attack, so I'm waiting for her to come back down.)
1590281403036.png

[one level restart later] "IT'S OVER, ANIKIN... I HAVE THE HIGH GROUND!"
1590281688845.png

EDIT: A little bonus tidbit—if you knock her out and successfully use the slam on her afterwards, you can get a ghost blowjob (woo woo~)! ...buuuut your game will promptly crash after the fact, so use sparingly.
1590386615775.png

...I call this special move the "Nerutu Sand Ninja."
(Also, I'm converting all of these to thumbnails because I just realized holy shit, are there a lot of them.)
1590387201548.png

Aaaand with one lucky slam, I managed to get her into the spectator stands! Finally, a worthy opponent!
1590388274588.png

...I need to stop before this gets out of control.

Last edited:
2.00 star(s) 1 Vote