VN - Ren'Py - Mila AI [v1.2.9b] [aDDont]

1. 1.00 star(s)

jamesmay24

I wanted to give this a shot because I was curious about AI art in a game and how well it would work (considering the backlash towards other games that implemented it). I've gotta say, while some of the art looks nice, it just doesn't work for me. The lack of consistency between different images just breaks any sense of continuity, and they all have that "yeah this is an AI image" sort of look to them. Alongside that, the format for the VN is a bit odd. Overall, not my jam, but hey, maybe you will like it.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Lupiscanis

Having played through the most recent release (1.2.4.1b - I still don't understand why you'd use such a convoluted version numbering scheme, but whatever), it's improved considerably since my previous review.

I will however, only review this as average because it didn't interest me. The female MCs descent into depravity is already pretty much in place at the beginning of the game and comes far too quickly with no buildup for me (on the NTR path (which isn't an NTR path, it's a cheating path, but again, whatever) at least, didn't check any of the others before I got bored).

This review is a little harsh, but I just didn't find the story compelling and the game is clearly not for me.

Ymmv.

It does however have good visuals. The use of AI art (arguments over the ethics of monetization aside) is well done and none of the pictures I saw felt out of place or awkward. The writing in a purely literary sense is at the very least above average.

------------------------

Firstly, although not directly impactful on gameplay, not all of the UI/menus are fully translated - nothing that should directly prohibit you from playing the game though.

It's hard for me to understand whether this is an initial release or after significant testing as it's version 1.2.b but the first 'public release' so I can only assume other people have given feedback up to this point.

The choices are at the moment, as far as I can ascertain, largely meaningless past the first option, rendering it a string of AI CG images put together in the form of a text conversation.

Most of the AI CG is well done, although I found some of the expression shifts questionable and a little uh, strange? I don't know how to word it - but shifting the expression while the face stays exactly put just looked odd to me, ymmv.

At the moment, do not recommend.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

WhiteFireDaemon

While the mc is a decent model and the pics are really good, it doesn't save this game. The first half of it is a lot of texting on a phone and there's a weird shift between the phone dialog and the usual Renpy dialog boxes that is annoying. About 99% of the first bit is all text with the occasional picture that flashes on the screen for a moment and then is gone to a very bland SFW screen background.