Seeking Mind Control games with protagonist Dominance Loss/Turning the Tables/Reversal of Fortune

NRFB

Hi (。・ω・)ノ゙
Game Developer
Feb 14, 2020
I am looking for games where the protagonist is able and intended to mind control other characters.
AND
There is some route/section/not insignificant piece of story/gameplay where that same protagonist loses their position of power and is controlled themself, whether through the same method they use or some other vector.

Some examples of the type of thing I'm talking about:
The Company: Dom John route.
No Haven: Failing Hypnosis/Domination on a slaver and eventually having them take your camp out from under you. (wish there was more content in this area)
Adventure High: Cassandra Submissive route, especially the parts where she takes your slaves/demands you get more slaves for her.
Hypnosis: That part where your convenient combination hypnosis device + boob expander gets stolen. (was sad that this plot line ended with no way to lose, but it do be like that sometimes. Didn't last nearly as long as I would have liked but it's still an example of this type of thing)

Notably, I am not looking for stories where the PoV character is a normal person and/or hero that does not control people, or corruption like games where being a submissive protag is obviously the point. I am also not looking for short bad ends where this content occurs and then you immediately game over or have to reload to go do the dominant thing that the game requires you to do to progress. I am looking for games where this type of thing happens for a meaningful amount of time, and the more it has an effect on gameplay the better. I do acknowledge that this can happen outside of a mind control context, though it is more difficult to then get some reason for the protagonist to then go on to further that new dominant character's goals. You'd probably end up in something NTR adjacent, which isn't really a problem for me but seems like a niche within a niche that may or may not even exist.

So this is something highly specific and a bit difficult to search for. It requires a game to have had enough work done to set up a meaningful amount of player dominant content and then also go on to have enough content that meaningfully subverts that previous content. I don't think there's any good way of finding this type of thing outside of stumbling into it by accident. So I guess I'm asking if anyone has anything similar that they've stumbled into.

egosga

Jul 13, 2018
this right there..
its LITERALLY THE PERFECT game type. Please do recommend more if there are more since it is kinda rare and even hard to find such a content like this.

Reactions: HypnoTortoise

HypnoTortoise

Jul 25, 2019
Can't claim that they are as good as the classics listed, but here are a few I've come across:

Game of Life - Abandoned, but very similar premise to the company with a similar reversal route with the office guy plus the father.

The Fate of Irnia - (VN) Haven't played the final version, but when I did play a while ago it had a route where mc becomes submissive to the dark elf companion.

Unholy Arts - Can enter (or be forced into or out of) dominant/submissive relationships with the other contestants. Has mind control that can be used by both the mc and others. Haven't explored this game very much as I just looked into it recently, but I think it allows for the stealing of submissives as well.

Penlight - (VN) Reversal route.

Infinity Realm - Buncha bosses, can win/dominate or lose/be dominated or mix wins and losses to get something in the middle.

Odyssey of Gianna - Some of the playable characters can control the other playable characters including the 'mc'. So you could theoretically have certain characters control the main character or vice versa. Doesn't really acknowledge it in the story or anything, so it might be a bit of a stretch. It is one of the better RPGM games I've played as far as quality goes.

Listed in order of most similar to the examples to least similar. Would be interested if there were any others as this has always been my favorite trope/storyline.

Reactions: cooldude33

egosga

Jul 13, 2018
Can't claim that they are as good as the classics listed, but here are a few I've come across:

Game of Life - Abandoned, but very similar premise to the company with a similar reversal route with the office guy plus the father.

The Fate of Irnia - (VN) Haven't played the final version, but when I did play a while ago it had a route where mc becomes submissive to the dark elf companion.

Unholy Arts - Can enter (or be forced into or out of) dominant/submissive relationships with the other contestants. Has mind control that can be used by both the mc and others. Haven't explored this game very much as I just looked into it recently, but I think it allows for the stealing of submissives as well.

Penlight - (VN) Reversal route.

Infinity Realm - Buncha bosses, can win/dominate or lose/be dominated or mix wins and losses to get something in the middle.

Odyssey of Gianna - Some of the playable characters can control the other playable characters including the 'mc'. So you could theoretically have certain characters control the main character or vice versa. Doesn't really acknowledge it in the story or anything, so it might be a bit of a stretch. It is one of the better RPGM games I've played as far as quality goes.

Listed in order of most similar to the examples to least similar. Would be interested if there were any others as this has always been my favorite trope/storyline.
Those all are very good recommendations! A lot of games for me to test. I didn't really understand hwo Odyssey of Gianna part works though

Reactions: HypnoTortoise

OrangePeel

Oct 27, 2017
This sounds quite adjacent to my interests; not necessarily hypnosis, but the domination and power subversion of it. In particular, I like these features:
  • player character is F and there is mainly F/M content (so many femdom games are F/F)
  • player character is someone powerful or has extraordinary potential, either in abilities (if the universe is supernatural), or through other forms of capital like being rich, having political connections, etc
  • player is not outwardly submissive initially, so can either be dominant or just vanilla
  • player gets in a position of power over some opponent or is just much stronger than them (such as fighting weaker monsters in a battle) - I'll refer to them as the "slave" in general, but they don't have to be your slave
  • through questionable choices such as indulging in their lust and giving up some control to their slave, the player gets corrupted and is reverse-trained to become more and more submissive to the slave (bonus points if this is voluntary and up to player choice)
  • permanent changes reflecting the this power subversion, such as through tattoos, piercings, power ability transfer, and attire changes
Some games that have what I'm looking for (that may also be of interest to you):
Solas City Heroes and Kinky Fight Club
  • battlefuck domination system
  • can play as M or F and dom or sub to M or F (very versatile!)
  • solas city heroes has instance based progressive bondage where enemies have a chance to put a bondage device on you after making you cum
  • solas city heroes has more persistent sub personalities if you put on a collar
Transylvania
  • play as powerful succubus with some magical powers (including time resetting) and seduction
  • can dom or sub some NPC characters (most of which are also situationally powerful)
  • dom success depends on various factors including current lust
  • choices have lasting consequences such as body mod and piercings
Cyberslayers
  • play as powerful cyberslayers (super agents in a sense)
  • unlockable phantasm branching passive skill tree with points gained from lewd events (that unlock even more lewd events that you have to find)
  • battle fuck with enemies
  • choice of dominating or getting dominated by NPC in long term relationships (more than just 1-off events)
Caliross
  • play as a powerful shapeshifter/sorcerer
  • body modification with piercings and tattoos
  • voluntary submission to various characters
  • can buy a male slave that gradually dominates you and makes you their slave
Luna's Fall from Grace
  • the sub-route to some extent has some features above, but nothing permanent

HypnoTortoise

Jul 25, 2019
- pretty short with 3 routes played as m or f, can use mind control or be mind controlled into mind controlling others. The only turning of the tables is done by the PC though.

and

- You play a female mc that goes around enslaving a bunch of women. The second to last main quest involves becoming a slave for a while. Plus tons of role-reversal bad ends, even if that's not specifically what is being looked for.

These are both pretty old Rags games though.

Reactions: egosga

Rosen King

Engaged Member
May 29, 2019
Hmm... It may not be *quite* what you're looking for, since the relevant elements don't "overlap" in the ways you requested, but Crimson Veil is kind of adjacent to this. You play as a female vampire hunter, and there are bad endings associated with pretty much everything you fight, including at least one extended playable bad ending where you do the bidding of your mistress and corrupt others on her behalf. There's also an alternate route where the protagonist becomes a master vampire and gets to corrupt and enslave others to do her bidding. She does have a Master of her own in this route, but he tends to be pretty hands-off (he considers her his bride, not his slave), and while there are bad endings where she loses her dominance, there aren't any extended playable ones like in the main route.

...Actually, I'm not entirely sure if the vampire route has any dominance loss endings quite yet (I haven't played past chapter 1 and the vampire route has been on hiatus for two years to complete the main route), but I'm 99% sure there will be at least two added in the update coming on the 25th. It adds the first two fan-submitted side quests to the vampire route, including one that I submitted myself.

Guntag

Donor
May 3, 2017
Female MC. There is a big management part to overcome at the begining to get your Hive working and then the game really starts. Then it's up to you to decide...