Unity - Completed - Mismin’s Adventure – The Island of Treasures [ Final] [Systrade]

1. 2.00 star(s)

JaneDoeButt

Poor game, even worse because of the machine translation.

I really cannot recommend to download this. I give two stars, just because I feel guilty giving only one because there are a few little ideas in the game that are fresh, but the execution is just not good.

The basic premise is simple enough, it's a side-scrolling platforming/arcade jump and run game with different unlockable characters which have unique strengths, abilities and weaknesses. You can swap characters on-the-fly, but you have to unlock them through a store via collectible coins first. The first problem: Jumping and running feels very slow and the animations are basic. The level design is simple, although there are some parts of levels that are locked which can only be accessed when you return to that level later. You can access new and completed levels from a map overview and you want to revisit levels with a different character at a later point to use formerly locked or hidden passages. But none of it is challenging or feels fun to do.

The H-content is absolutely barebones. It's only showing via cutscenes which are not animated - the stills have two or three "stages" with a dick showing, then a dick presumably disappearing in the protagonist and a thrid stage with splooge scribbled all over her. Yeah, it's one of those things. There is no defeat or grapple mechanic with the enemies in the actual level. There are however some enemies that will respond "kindly" to a specific character and initiate an h-scene only with them - however it's the same cutscene and there is no gameplay benefit of doing so. Still, the idea of enemies "liking" a specific character is a bit of a fresh idea. However, often times the scenes don't even match the character you meet in the level. For instance, if you initiate an h-sequence with the dog/wolf enemy (a four legged beast) the resulting h-cutscene features a barely werewolf-esque shape with pants...

The translation of this whole thing is the absolute worst, though. Yes, a machine translation is always kinda bad. But this is a new level of bad. Shouldn't a translator at least be able to translate the meaning of words and chain them together in a way that you at least can grasp a basic understanding of what the dialogue is supposed to say? This one is pure gibberish. And I don't mean funny engrish, it's literally a few words chained together that make no sense whatsoever and 75% of dialogue consists of punctuation without words ("..........!!!????? ~~~?? Ha~~~"). My favorite dialogue in the entire game has to be "N!" - yes, that's right, a dialogue box during a conversation that only shows the letter N and an exclamation point. That is the level of translation you get out of this.

Overall, not worth your time.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

TheGoodDr

So, it's only partially translated, and that part is MTL, but that's not the problem

The game itself just isn't great. The movement feels kind of slow and the jumping just feels off (which is extra great when you get to areas with pits that send you right back to the start of the area)

All of the H is just in the form of cutscenes with one or two bits of animation, and you get some of those cutscenes by running certain girls into certain mobs. Not like, running her into all wolves for instance, but like there will be a specific wolf on level one that specifically you can run the cat girl into... and then you go right back into the game play

It's just not a great game, especially for the file size. Like it's passable, I've played worse, for and H game it's ok... but if there wasn't anything lewd going on in there's no way anyone would bother with it, and the smut isn't even very good either