Seeking Modify/add/change choices and scenes in Ren'py games??

A. Dark

Aug 19, 2021
Well in certain Ren'py games I really hate when some extremely good choices/scenes disappears after progressing in the game for story or any other reasons.. I'm sure many people feel the same way about some available choices/scenes in many games.. So is there any app or way to edit the game files to add/modify the choices/scenes at a point of my preference?? I've seen many small cheats/mods for many games where adding the small file in the game directory adds new features/choices/scenes in different sections of those games.. I want to do something like that..
A little help will be very much appreciated..

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Well in certain Ren'py games I really hate when some extremely good choices/scenes disappears after progressing in the game for story or any other reasons.. I'm sure many people feel the same way about some available choices/scenes in many games.. So is there any app or way to edit the game files to add/modify the choices/scenes at a point of my preference?? I've seen many small cheats/mods for many games where adding the small file in the game directory adds new features/choices/scenes in different sections of those games.. I want to do something like that..
A little help will be very much appreciated..
Universal mod... allows you to pretty much mess with game as much as you want..
Change texts... change variables... even shows you routes you could've taken...
very useful
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-urm-2-1-4-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/

Reactions: A. Dark

A. Dark

Aug 19, 2021
Universal mod... allows you to pretty much mess with game as much as you want..
Change texts... change variables... even shows you routes you could've taken...
very useful
https://f95zone.to/threads/universal-renpy-mod-urm-2-1-4-mod-any-renpy-game-yourself.48025/
Thanks for your reply.. I already use URM.. But it doesn't let me modify/add scenes anywhere I want.. Let me give you an example, suppose after progressing a bit in the story some scenes become unavailable in actual story.. I want to add the scene again with a choice in the actual game.. Like if there are already 3 choices in a specific case, I want to add a 4th choice which will play the scene I want in the actual game.. Or at least replace the scenes with my preferred scenes from choices in the game..

Mario4don

Your Mother's Lover
Donor
Dec 16, 2018
Thanks for your reply.. I already use URM.. But it doesn't let me modify/add scenes anywhere I want.. Let me give you an example, suppose after progressing a bit in the story some scenes become unavailable in actual story.. I want to add the scene again with a choice in the actual game.. Like if there are already 3 choices in a specific case, I want to add a 4th choice which will play the scene I want in the actual game.. Or at least replace the scenes with my preferred scenes from choices in the game..
To do something like this you need to edit "rpy" files in the game with the game code, so you need to have some knowledge of coding.
And to edit RPY files you can use Notepad++ or other similar programs that will allow you to edit RPY files.

A. Dark

Aug 19, 2021
To do something like this you need to edit "rpy" files in the game with the game code, so you need to have some knowledge of coding.
And to edit RPY files you can use Notepad++ or other similar programs that will allow you to edit RPY files.
Thank you very much for your answer.. So I won't need to use ren'py engine to make those changes?? Only properly editing rpy files will suffice??

Nadekai

Aug 18, 2021
Thank you very much for your answer.. So I won't need to use ren'py engine to make those changes?? Only properly editing rpy files will suffice??
Yes...
Get notepad++...
Or get rider if you wanna be more "professional"