RPGM - Completed - MonGirl Sexpedition [v1.0] [Yeehaw Games]

1. 2.00 star(s)

deversari

It's... decent.

Art is pretty good, story is average for an HRPG, gameplay is pretty damn good and not just the typical RPGM combat, but I have four significant gripes:

1.) Lack of direction. The game tells you what do to in main quests, but otherwise good luck finding any new side quests. You might accidentally run across them if you're lucky.

2.) The inbred retard who programmed the "Skip watched scenes" option fucked it up royally. Every time I reboot the game the setting resets itself (all the other setting stay set), and even when it's set to skip, it only works half the time. Hope you enjoy watching Miriam ambush you got oral every morning!

3.) Lack of polish. Even in this "finished" version, I often run into "Implemented in later versions" placeholder text, even when the feature actually WAS implemented.

4.) During one of the boss fights, you beat said boss, then he immediately one hits you in a cutscene. DEVELOPERS, PLEASE DON'T FUCKING DO THIS! I WORKED HARD TO BEAT THE BOSS AND YOU JUST CHEAPLY TOOK IT AWAY FROM ME.

EDIT: just dropped it down from three to two stars because now every time I go to home, I'm forced to watch a cutscene of a pair of underage kitsunes training as shrine maidens. They're unskippable, irrelevant to the rest of the story, about character's I really don't care about, annoying, and I've had to sit through seven so far with no end in sight.

On top of that, the boss I'm currently fighting can't be hit my magic. It starts off tine, but the moment he teleports (which he does frequently) he becommes immune to all magic for the rest of the fight. Shitty programming and no bug testing is what that is.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Scy7he

Version 1.0

Good
    - Nice characters with a good art. No actual animation but still good for the custom art games out here
    - Sex scenes with proper background. I can't stress how annoyed I get when other rpgs just put the sex scenes in the overworld which feels infuriating
    - Good story with a nice cast of girls

Shortcomings
    - I think a walkthrough is needed...sometimes you just don't know when or how a girl's event triggers or whether a trigger is needed or not (sometimes you just get given an option in her talk menu without an event...Also never got that elusive pickaxe...maybe contents related to it got "axed" too
    - Some bugs here and there. Seems the dev wanted to jump ship to another project so didn't put in enough time to playtest the final build to iron out the issues. Naka's heart jumps from 2 to 4 without explanation, for Mona there is no event triggered for her 4th heart, you have to select the anal from the repeatable menu, we don't even receive the text saying we got her 4th heart, we just do after that
    - The game feels to have in a sense to be rushed for an end...the map of the game seems way bigger than the places we can visit, even the towns we visit have parts where we can't go...so I feel like a chunk of content was just scrapped
    - There also was no reason not to include a harem. It simply feels like it was done for the purpose of making people require multiple saves to see all the girl's unique dialogues on their path to make the game feel longer

Finally, personal gripe here, Maggie and Ayane should have gotten scenes man...two banging looking characters. one the first character introduced in the new world and she is cast aside. Same with Ayane who is shown to be this naughty girl but somehow (maybe she's part of the new game and so she was saved for it idk) they don't get any scenes at all

Final Rating - 7/10
    It is a good game overall with shortcomings but they don't make the game unbearable so I won't cut that many ratings for it. For me if the bugs were fixed, it would be a 8 and surely would have been a 10 if Maggie and Ayane had scenes as well
  3. 3.00 star(s)

Crestrial

v0.80
    I picked this up since some guy said this wasn't turn-based and wasn't for casual players. Sounded good to me.

However, I got bored due to lack of engagement. A decent portion of the game feels like I'm just walking around rather than playing. What there is to play is a bunch of small but fleeting mini games strewn about the game that don't have the depth to stay interesting nor originality (Blackjack, arm wresting mechanics, RPGmaker 'stealth', etc. are all things seen/done before).
    When I got to the combat (which takes a bit of affection grinding to get to), I thought I might finally have reached something I can sink my teeth into but it wasn't. Worst of all, it's also meaningless as you seem to gain zilch from it. The only fun I had was against the slime boss.

Also, as a fan of monster girls... This is monster girl-lite. It's just humans with animal ears, a tail, and/or blue skin. Pretty much what you see in the banner is what you get. Feels a little disingenuous when "MonGirl" is in the very title of the game.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

B201T

[I played version 0.80]

Great game. Interesting story and decent dialogue. Good art. The gameplay is solid. The only downside is that I wish there were more content, but that will come with time. Overall, no complaints.
  5. 3.00 star(s)

jokuur

the game still needs work
    there is a lot of advance forward confusion
    journal isnt much clear on what we should do and what we can do at the moment
    girls have grey hearts but i am unable to unlock them anyway without progressing story and nothing says we should progress story first
    the type of fighting with agility hack and slash is not my cup of tea at all i would proffered classic rpg style of fighting

images are good 4/5 score and hentai scenes text are fine too
    bugs are present i had to made quest about buying sword 2 times because game didnt noticed i did it first time but i had access to long sword before normal sword anyway
    MC seems to be a generic goody goody two shoes that tries to treat everyone with respect
    the world in game looks peaceful and main story seems to be lacking interest there is nothing going on in there and lust is not much of a crysis when people can fuck anyways and there is no indication males dont want to be fucked by monster girls so it makes little sense to me
    not my cup of tea but i would come back if there was less bugs and more integrity
  6. 5.00 star(s)

VIOLET222

So far its got a solid foundation.
    Nothing janky so far, or off-putting characterization in any of the cast.
    Art is wonderful
    for a .1a release its got a lot going for it. Mechanics, Intuitive controls and information layout. Also no bulk texts anywhere which bumps this up a lot more for me.
    If I have one complaint it would be item collection. There is a crap load of items to collect and they refresh constantly. I would love either bulk collection (collect like 10 items at once then need to wait multiple days) or auto collection of some sort (possible an upgrade).
  7. 5.00 star(s)

White195

Yupp, Hope this gets developed.
    It's a standard RPG game with a old fashioned but solid engine.
    It's 0.1 but the Art is lovely and concept enjoyable, and with some love and develoupment the game is sure to thrive, it just really needs time to cook in the oven so to speak.

Keep it up develouper.