Monitor that compliments RTX3060

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Ok, so i got a new gfx card and i was looking into getting a monitor that will compliment it so i can take advantage of the card.
Currently i have Dell 24".
I was thinking about 27" as this is the most my desk can fit. From reading i think you should have 1440p, 144hz, IPS monitor.
Now, there are a lot of monitors and mostly gaming monitor. Though gaming is not really anymore my main thing but of course i may game as well.
But what i am looking for is more color accuracy.
Suggestions are welcome.

Thank you

Lady Aspen

Country girl
GFX Designer
Respected User
Feb 19, 2019
There's my suggestion, If you are in America, they will shipping to you for free without extra charge or fee

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
There's my suggestion, If you are in America, they will shipping to you for free without extra charge or fee
That seems what i am looking for. Though i think i would go for the 2K version to match my card. But this is definitely features i am looking for.
Thanks you so much

Reactions: Lady Aspen

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
There si no such thing as monitor for colour accuracy, they are just gaming monitors. I have a 3070ti and a 32 inch 1440p hooked up to it, I have my older 23 inch 1080p monitor next to it, I drag all the tabs onto it and work on the one screen so I have a 32 inch veiwport, its awesome.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
There si no such thing as monitor for colour accuracy, they are just gaming monitors. I have a 3070ti and a 32 inch 1440p hooked up to it, I have my older 23 inch 1080p monitor next to it, I drag all the tabs onto it and work on the one screen so I have a 32 inch veiwport, its awesome.
Oh, there are monitor made purely with color accuracy in mind. The issue is that you're paying $1200+ for a 27-inch monitor. Pantone certified, calibrated, DCIP, 100% SRGB/ARGB, etc.

But what i am looking for is more color accuracy.
Suggestions are welcome.
What is your budget, exactly? What size is ideal for you? If you're looking for color accuracy, then stay away from 144hz as companies often sacrifice accuracy for it. Unless you're willing to shell out some cash for a (near) top-end monitor.

I'm currently running two LG monitors. 1 34-inch Ultrawide as my main monitor, and a 32-inch LG right above it. Both are quite color accurate and do a fine job for rendering and postwork/color grading without breaking the bank.

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
In all honesty, i have no clue.
I read ones that most monitors (gaming) are not that accurate.
In Europe i used to have Eizo monitors which are pretty good. This brand seems to not exist here.
Anyway, 27" is the most i can put on my desk. Currently i have to share it with my jobs monitor for remote work.
A real professional monitor for accuracy is probably out of my reach and i would say, not really needed since this is for hobby and not for pro stuff.
Budget wise, upto $400 Dollars. Not really more.
The LG's look nice too.

rayminator

Engaged Member
Respected User
Sep 26, 2018
can you clear something up here

did you get a GFX card or a RTX card

they are completely different cards

the title say RTX but your post says GFX

so people can give a clear answer

for a monitor I would suggest that you go to a store that sells monitor a look at them
and find a 144ghz monitor

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
can you clear something up here

did you get a GFX card or a RTX card

they are completely different cards

the title say RTX but your post says GFX

so people can give a clear answer

for a monitor I would suggest that you go to a store that sells monitor a look at them
and find a 144ghz monitor
Its the RTX3060. Did i say GFX? Oh boy.

moose_puck

Sep 6, 2021
Not sure if it's as worthwhile in Europe as here, but it might be worth waiting until July 12-13... that's Amazon Prime day(s) They usually have some seriously good deals then.

LG's are nice monitors. Mine only just died recently, a 24" 1080P that had a 2ms response time and touch sensitive controls. It lasted 13 years!

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Not sure if it's as worthwhile in Europe as here, but it might be worth waiting until July 12-13... that's Amazon Prime day(s) They usually have some seriously good deals then.

LG's are nice monitors. Mine only just died recently, a 24" 1080P that had a 2ms response time and touch sensitive controls. It lasted 13 years!
mm.. 24"? Thats what i have. Why am i complaining?
Well, i am the US. So Amazon everywhere. Though i am not a member.
My monitor is more or less a office monitor. So i was thinking, to compliment the gfx card, i should (in theory) have a monitor that matches the resolution and on top of that maybe better in color representation. Nothing wild really. Have not that much money to spend. Just something better.
But yes, i will (hopefully) remember that time when they have a sale.

MissFortune

I Was Once, Possibly, Maybe, Perhaps… A Harem King
Respected User
Game Developer
Aug 17, 2019
My monitor is more or less a office monitor. So i was thinking, to compliment the gfx card, i should (in theory) have a monitor that matches the resolution and on top of that maybe better in color representation.
Generally speaking, if you aren't into/doing high-framerate gaming, you don't really need a monitor to 'match' the resolution. My parents (who I passed down an older computer to) are running two 34-inch 1440p Ultrawide monitors with an RX580, just for example. So, a 3060 will be fine with nearly any monitor that isn't a 49-inch Samsung Odyssey, and even then, it'd probably work well enough.

Which is why I say that anything above 75hz is unnecessary if you aren't gaming with response times/framerates in mind. Not only are you paying for a premium you won't be using a ton, but they also (as mentioned already) tend to sacrifice color accuracy that speed unless you want to pay another premium to have both. If you aren't doing any print work that demands color accuracy, then sRGB should be all that matters to you, for the most part. Aim for 99%+, but 97 or 98% should work fine.

Reactions: coffeeaddicted

coffeeaddicted

Apr 13, 2021
Generally speaking, if you aren't into/doing high-framerate gaming, you don't really need a monitor to 'match' the resolution. My parents (who I passed down an older computer to) are running two 34-inch 1440p Ultrawide monitors with an RX580, just for example. So, a 3060 will be fine with nearly any monitor that isn't a 49-inch Samsung Odyssey, and even then, it'd probably work well enough.

Which is why I say that anything above 75hz is unnecessary if you aren't gaming with response times/framerates in mind. Not only are you paying for a premium you won't be using a ton, but they also (as mentioned already) tend to sacrifice color accuracy that speed unless you want to pay another premium to have both. If you aren't doing any print work that demands color accuracy, then sRGB should be all that matters to you, for the most part. Aim for 99%+, but 97 or 98% should work fine.
Ah. I had the impression, i need a monitor to compliment the card. Though, i do say a 27" would be nice to have.
Anyway, this is mine.

I got it 2 years ago and mainly for two hdmi ports. 75hz is suffice to me. I play occasionally but i am not a heavy gamer so refresh rates are not as important as they were earlier.