Tool HTML Monogatari Game engine

Crazy Penguin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
Well, I was looking at a different engine that can be used to make a VN, most of the videos that I saw were old and many of them didn't cover many of the small but still good engines.

Here is a new engine from which you can make a VN, Monogatari ( ), JavaScript is the programming language you'll be using in Monogatari, it is what makes all your game work.
I liked that part as while many of the people love python(myself included) it is not as widely used as JS, apart from that most of the games in renpy get very complex due to not having a difference between main code and style. Here, CSS is the markup language used to style your game, from setting colors to improving the appearance, CSS is what will allow you do them all.
This will allow you to make the game better looking ;)

Github link -

Main features
  • Responsive out of the box
  • Plays nice with Electron for Desktop apps and Cordova for mobile apps
  • Simple Syntax (what attracted me to it as it is not that different than ren'py)
  • Progressive Web App Features allowing offline gameplay
  • Allows you to use any kind of media supported by browsers (this is huge, I dislike the media support in ren'py in which you have to jump hoops to get a good quality video running)
  • Compatible with all major browsers
  • Includes libraries for animations and particle effects
  • Allows saving/loading games
  • Extensible, you just can't imagine how much!
if you lot have any question feel free to ask

Crazy Penguin

Game Developer
Jul 17, 2019
about same time it takes you to master renpy, its not hard but it has its own quirks so it takes some time