ierdan

Apr 15, 2018
Hi, so I wanna really get invested into the game but as the try hard that I am I'm wondering if hard mode is approachable with how the game is as of now, like can I make the character relatively freely and roleplay overall ? or should I just focus on making a build due to being a turn based rpg and everything ?

ShinKazama

Jan 7, 2018
It seems likely that is the problem, since the way Matrixcolor works changed in 7.4. Do you know if it's hardware or software that you don't meet the 7.4 requirements for?
I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software problem, but what I know is that the 7.4 version of Ren'py requires some version of OpenGL (I think it was 2.0), the thing is that my laptop is incredibly old (I think it was bought in 2008), and I don't know if it'll be capable of using OpenGL 2.0.

I already tried opening another game with the 7.4 version of Ren'py and the game started but it showed no graphics, that is why I started doing this trick...

cheeldoolb

Sep 24, 2017
so, it isn't supossed o be there? where then:c
Only the mod's main folder is supposed to go into Mods folder. A main folder has folders "Events", "Skills" and so on inside it.
In beach case, the main folder is named Beach, not BeachParty-master. So take Beach folder out of the BeachParty-master folder and put it into Mods.

Also I'm not sure but I think your dirty cheats mod has a similar installation mistake.

Oct 26, 2017
Hi, so I wanna really get invested into the game but as the try hard that I am I'm wondering if hard mode is approachable with how the game is as of now, like can I make the character relatively freely and roleplay overall ? or should I just focus on making a build due to being a turn based rpg and everything ?
Hard difficulty is perfectly doable if you don't mind having to think with that other brain. Builds that aren't total memebuilds should work just fine with the lowered initial stats, as difficulty does not affect gameplay, just your starting stats. There is no level cap either as far as I know so you can still grind everything to the current stat cap of 100.

(You can also save very often even if you disable autosaves.)
What are all the items and equipment that heal and protect against paralysis? All I remember is Fairy Dust.
Fae Moon Rune (and the associated perk)
Fairy Circle Ring (and the associated perk)
Pendant of Protection (and the associated perk)
Moveable perk
Resilient perk
Resistance Training I, II and III perks
Imp Curry Special (food perk)
Savory Meal (town event special)
Strangely Sweet Feast (town event special)

That should be about it, I think?

Last edited:

TheeSonus

Mar 30, 2020
Is it just me or can you just straight up not progress Kotone? I'm currently her Hypno Slave and we're in a relationship, but I can't seem to progress further than that. I've exhausted her dialogue and I think I've chosen all the best options, and I've seen the nightmare event at least like twelve times now, but nothing has happened.

Edit: Nevermind, I was missing a single point in some dialogue I had already done, apparently.

Last edited:

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
Fae Moon Rune (and the associated perk)
Moveable perk
Resilient perk
Thank you!

Dr. PuPu

Nov 30, 2019
I think I encountered a glitch where I'm fighting Toxic Matango, I remove the charmed effect, I'm resistant to charm effects for 3 turns, but she still charms me right after. As expected, I can't break free from stances even though I'm supposed to be resistant to charm and its effects.

EDIT: Sorry for the double post.

Last edited:

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
I'm not sure if it's a hardware or software problem, but what I know is that the 7.4 version of Ren'py requires some version of OpenGL (I think it was 2.0), the thing is that my laptop is incredibly old (I think it was bought in 2008), and I don't know if it'll be capable of using OpenGL 2.0.

I already tried opening another game with the 7.4 version of Ren'py and the game started but it showed no graphics, that is why I started doing this trick...
You could try holding Shift-G while the game starts and choosing the ANGLE or software renderer rather than OpenGL, I've heard that might help. That's about it really, unless you fancy switching to Linux (which will work on hardware that Windows 10 won't). If it's a hardware issue rather than a software one though, even that might not work.

ierdan

Apr 15, 2018
Hard difficulty is perfectly doable if you don't mind having to think with that other brain. Builds that aren't total memebuilds should work just fine with the lowered initial stats, as difficulty does not affect gameplay, just your starting stats. There is no level cap either as far as I know so you can still grind everything to the current stat cap of 100.
Thanks a bunch ^v^

ShinKazama

Jan 7, 2018
You could try holding Shift-G while the game starts and choosing the ANGLE or software renderer rather than OpenGL, I've heard that might help. That's about it really, unless you fancy switching to Linux (which will work on hardware that Windows 10 won't). If it's a hardware issue rather than a software one though, even that might not work.
I tried what you said and nothing... In the end, however, I did manage to get the game working, although I had to nuke all the lines of code that were an issue, the game definitely will have some problems later on, but so far so good. Thanks for the help!

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019

(You can also save very often even if you disable autosaves.)Fae Moon Rune (and the associated perk)
Moveable perk
Resilient perk

That should be about it, I think?
I get what nose of here says but where do you get the town events like savory meal or strangely sweet feast as you have written?

Also, surprisingly the resistance 1 to 3 are actually useful against most enemies.

sandsea_urchin

May 7, 2019
Anyone getting "No DC" in the corner of the screen? I read it comes from this game?
You're probably a Nvidia user? You'll have the same issues with other apps, not just Ren'py.
Go to to C:\ProgramData\NVIDIA Corporation\Drs\
And set "nvdrssel.bin" to read-only in properties.

If that doesn't do it, delete the file and set it to read-only once it's re-generated. Your video card settings will be reset.

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
I get what nose of here says but where do you get the town events like savory meal or strangely sweet feast as you have written?

Also, surprisingly the resistance 1 to 3 are actually useful against most enemies.
those are currently no longer attainable without some file changing. go to the Inn's bar, it would've been the 3rd option, "sit down and order food". all the options used to have unique temporary perks for what you ate. the perks are still hidden in the game files, but they were effectively replaced by the Food perks you can get from meals made by Belle.

Reactions: Nevart and L30

DarkLight103

Sep 24, 2018
Um... i have run into a bit of a road block... i played the game to its current limit and am at the caverns. But my question is about Kotone, i have gotten through her challenge and learned about her past. Its so dang tragic... But now i can not advance with her any more... I seem to be stuck at the nightmares and i have used all her talk options (at least all her nice ones) yet still nothing... can i please have some help?

Edit. Arg just updated my page... someone else had the same problem... sorry for any trouble and thanks....

Edit 2. I am still confused about how to get through this... i apologize but can i have some help?

Edit 3. Last one really... I reinstalled the game and it looks like it worked... i am hopeless with this stuff... yet the game, its dev and everyone here rocks.
So it evens out i think?

Last edited:

ierdan

Apr 15, 2018
So I'm currently doing some beginner crappy stuff and I just realized, there's a debt to pay ?
whazzap wit dat ?

4.60 star(s) 83 Votes