Ren'Py - Monster Girl Dreams [v26.1a Alpha] [Threshold]

1. 5.00 star(s)

くもり空

This game is a text-based sex adventure with DnD elements and good fap material. If you enjoy text-based games but don't want to read too much, this game is for you.

Pros:
    + Good writing, no broken english
    + Good sexy stuff
    + Good amount of content (as of Alpha v19.2)
    + Plot is good enough
    + Awesome use of the Ren'Py engine, I'm honestly surprised
    + Monster girls with different personalities and traits

Cons:
    - Too grindy for a sex game
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Lv1VillagerB

Review fo Alpha v18.5

A game that target a very specific community of monster girl quest players that were somehow disappointed with monster girls in other text based games (like CoC or TiTS): No futa, no transformation, just female-male stuff. Due to the lack of any other game for that audience, the game automatically starts with a good impression.

Everything is their to create a unique and good game: original combat mechanics, based on sexual stances; A clear game progression zone->combat events+roleplay events->quest; Illustrations to help picturing some girls; Devs that encourage the community to share their opinions.
    In my opinion, the game is good as it is but I certainly hope it will get better in the future.

There game rely on RPG elements--stats, passives, skills. However the story is linear and neither you nor your stats really affect it that much. No real companions/waifus/harem members/slaves, the NPC that share a story with the player are restricted to specific zones and events which limit the roleplay element. Fetishes are also there but it's more for the player to get rid of them. An obvious solution would be to write more events, but the game being in Alpha, this can not count as a major issue.

The modding option is a huge plus, as it may attract writer and help the game grow--and maybe add the hidden scenes/facultative elements the game lacks for now. It's a bet and I can't say for sure it will pay off.

When it comes to grading a game, the question then is: what game is better than MGD that I would rather be playing and which could serve as reference for the devs? Well, nothing really. So 5 stars due to the lack of competition and the game being good already as it is--only in alpha.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

Lykarn

Having played text based games before, I was used to and enjoy these games somewhat more than those that have images already, even though there are some here as well. The intro is great as to how it basically lets you know this is a sex battle kind of game. It may take a bit to grind at first, but there is a nice bit of strategy to the game as well. It helps with the text being in one box at the bottom during combat, and the combat can unfold in quite a few ways, with a few varied lose scenes depending on your choices. It only crashed a couple times on me, but this is definitely a game worth trying.