Sep 21, 2021
It's really just Threshold as programmer/developer. Art is commissioned as needed from various artists, and there is the occasional scene written by others, but it wouldn't be much of a stretch to call this a one man show. there's a credit page in the menu with more details if you are interested.
Ah, I see, thanks for clarification.

the Map Rework was literally just showing off the new map that was drawn (by Jiffic) that showed more details and added some places Thresh has planned, like the Elf Village.
Like actually added or it's just placeholder markers or something like that? Because if it's the former, then it's more than just mere rework.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
You don't need anything else but the game to use mods in Android. I posted instructions a while back, I'll quote them for you.
Don't you think it's a little too late for that? Also your 4th instruction confused me as to how Mods and game/Mods work. I know one is for images and the other for the actual game but I already put the mods and deleted my original game already.

I used Joiplay and the traditional method of modding games. Unzipping the files and putting them in the mods folder like any other game.

To be frank, It's a lot faster in Joiplay than using the actual Android version of it. Or probably it has been a long time since I updated the game and it's save. Lastly, I didn't mind restarting the whole game as long as I get to enjoy it again with all the new mods that I put.

Speaking of mods, what mods should I download that are worth it and add much content? I know Pale Priestess and Mari the butterfly seems popular here but I kind of need more to justify my restart in Hard Mode with a Monstrous Fetish.

IFortheGloryn

Feb 2, 2020
So anyone ever did a no nut challenge run? (Normal or Hard mode, 1 spirit and no geting spirit enhancing perks, anything else goes)
how masochistic was trying to complete everything possible in these conditions?
well, hard mode is not that hard you can still go through this, but is hard on the start since you wont have some atributes that would be good, besides a good tip that can give you is focus on the weak spot.

iamnuff

Sep 2, 2017
Not sure what's going on. I'm trying to run the game but i'm just getting a white screen that says 'Not responding'

I've tried closing and rebooting it multiple times.

decker2

Jul 6, 2017
ignoring the fact that it mostly CG-less,
Okay, I just had a somewhat decent look at the Patreon(only the news titles, because the dev is finding it a very good practice to hide the major selling points such as big teasers behind the paywall) and the discord.

Perhaps it's not the scummy-scummy kinda thing going on, but it does seem like the dev is not very good at setting priorities straight. I don't know what's gonna be in the next game mechanics update, so I can't exactly judge how necessary it is nor can I predict it, but I do know for sure that the... map rework is coming. And that baffles me. Why would one dedicate their time and resources to something so completely arbitrary when the core game itself is not finished? I just cannot fathom that.
not to mention the €2,161 per month "Goal"
Approximately 2-6 art a month based on complexity.
but i guess it's up to thres what counts as "art":cautious:
(not cgs that's for sure):cry:

but reaching these "goals" means shit anyway:cautious:
since there is no limit to how much money a dev can milk:sneaky:

i've already asked thres how much cgs costs and he answered:
That severely ranges between artists and the thing being commissioned. As well as variants.
A lot of artists have commission sheets you can look at, but I'd say the 'average' commission I get is probably 100$-150$?
But depending on multiple factors that can sometimes go 300+$.
But that's more in regards to character cgs.
he is currently at 2,676$ per month. no idea what he's spending all that money on..
(but i hope it's not horse cum or cups)

and i don't care about the map rework...
i was hoping that we would finally reach the labyrinth with a big halloween update
but all we get is a map. this :poop: makes me sad man:cry:
(all that free money corrupts, i hate patreon:mad:)

also
What I wonder is, did he freeze his patreon when he had his burn-out phase?
no he did not..
(and im sure patreon will only stop milking if they ban or delete the account)

Last edited:

HumanRug

Nov 11, 2020
Don't you think it's a little too late for that?
I just thought you were planning on deleting your game, I didn't realize you in fact deleted it.
Also your 4th instruction confused me as to how Mods and game/Mods work.
Actually, the useful part of step 4 is:

"4 - To make things easier for you, do the same as me: grab a mod's folder, put it in game/Mods/ (WITH ALL ITS CONTENT), then copy such mod's folder to Mods/."

The rest of that step are just things that you must be too unlucky to be in the need of doing them. Don't pay them attention, nobody fills their phone's storage at the point of having to save on a few megabytes just for the sake of installing a mod for a game.

Reactions: Suwi

Lazyrick

Jan 10, 2018
Like actually added or it's just placeholder markers or something like that? Because if it's the former, then it's more than just mere rework.
Just placeholder markers for now. Thresh is still busy working on the Labyrinth mechanic that has no business being in a Renpy game. I swear, it's like it's his life's purpose to push the engine to it's limits and beyond.

Sep 21, 2021
Just placeholder markers for now. Thresh is still busy working on the Labyrinth mechanic that has no business being in a Renpy game. I swear, it's like it's his life's purpose to push the engine to it's limits and beyond.
To be honest I was quite surprised when I found out that the game is on Renpy. I mean, it's not impossible to make something like this(as this game is the pristine example), but it's still quite finicky. I wonder if there's some underlying reason for why it was chosen in the first place.

Maybe it was something along the lines: "Hey, I wanna make a cool game but Renpy is the only engine I can kind of figure the knowhow how to use, so I guess I'll go with this. Surely I won't go too far with this, right?". And then he went too far. And then it was something like: "Eh, I feel kinda lazy to learn how to use another, more flexible engine to remake this whole thing in there, so I guess I'll just obliterate Renpy instead and then'll glue all the fractured pieces together with the glue as I see fit. Anything goes."

Regardless, the final result is admirable. Though I do wish there was an option to change fonts. Maybe I can mod this in somehow? Gotta look into it.

New Kid

Apr 2, 2018
Addicts don't generally stop just because doing what they are addicted to is illegal though. I remember that someone (can't remember who) said that at the time there was a concern that because she was so much more powerful than anyone else that there would be no way to enforce the law and stop her if she chose to keep on doing it. So 'she stopped because it was banned' is technically true, but really it seems like she had already decided to quit and the ban was just convenient timing.
Yeah, I meant that eating souls probably became more of a hassle to Sofia than it was worth it after it was considered illegal, not that she stopped because "oh no now there is a law forbidding it". She technically could keep going if she really wanted to, but most people would start shunning her despite not being able to stop her by force, and who knows what would happen if the queen got pissed off for real and decided to get serious about her despite the difference in power.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Yeah, I meant that eating souls probably became more of a hassle to Sofia than it was worth it after it was considered illegal, not that she stopped because "oh no now there is a law forbidding it". She technically could keep going if she really wanted to, but most people would start shunning her despite not being able to stop her by force, and who knows what would happen if the queen got pissed off for real and decided to get serious about her despite the difference in power.
Most likely she would have got her butt kicked and Sofia would be queen again. If anything would have been a hassle it would have been being queen again, which she hated.

Suwi

Feb 8, 2019
I just thought you were planning on deleting your game, I didn't realize you in fact deleted it.

The rest of that step are just things that you must be too unlucky to be in the need of doing them. Don't pay them attention, nobody fills their phone's storage at the point of having to save on a few megabytes just for the sake of installing a mod for a game.
It's really faster than the Android version. I deleted it for convenience's sake of my phone storage and it's easy to just put the mods and delete them as well just like using RimPy for Rimworld.

Not related but I have 209 mods in Rimworld on a PC. It's just that I have bad storage management in my phone that I keep filling it up with whatever I find interesting.

Jul 9, 2019
I will have to make a note to try this as well. I get the feeling challenges like this will be the F95 versions of the Nuzloke Challenge.
But instead of calling it Nuzlocke Challenge like Pokémon players do, it's called, uh... Nutlock Challenge. Pretty cringe, but I said it anyway.

Nothing says "Why yes I'm a masochist, how could you tell?" like kicking off NNN with a 1-spirit no nut challenge run in MGD.

Succubus Hunter

Conversation Conqueror
May 19, 2020
But instead of calling it Nuzlocke Challenge like Pokémon players do, it's called, uh... Nutlock Challenge. Pretty cringe, but I said it anyway.

Nothing says "Why yes I'm a masochist, how could you tell?" like kicking off NNN with a 1-spirit no nut challenge run in MGD.
Nutlock - I love it! I am going to start using that term from now on. I think we should come up with a set of modified Nuzloke rules that can be applied to h-games.

I haven't started on Monster Girl Dreams yet but I can imagine a playing taking quite a beating from the girls with those rules.

Reactions: Anime slave
4.60 star(s) 83 Votes