Duke Greene

Feb 6, 2018
Too lazy to read the context of the discussion but what kinda incel shit makes you want to kill her in particular?
If you're too lazy to read the handful of posts after what you've quoted then I really don't think there's a point interacting with you at all.

Last edited:

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
I'm not against tsunderes on principle but Beris combine it with being incredibly crass and vulgar, and unlike Mika she doesn't have a speck of charm to make up for it. Furthermore she roams around Ushris floor, which is easily the most annoying level of the labyrinth, meaning I had to fight her way too much. She isn't particularly difficult but because of her combo that she spams constantly she takes much longer than the others to deal with, as if I hadn't enough reasons to hate her already :HideThePain:

Hell, even her trap tile temptation scene is much longer than the others! Just because she can't fathom why someone wouldn't be attracted to her dumb ass.

What's ironic is how beris is in her sex scenes before the labyrinth, it's the good ole "don't judge a book by it's cover" schtick. That's all I'll say without spoilers.

Obviously everyone isn't going to like the same things, it's why there's a variety of different kinks and "waifus" for people.

Wanting something to "fuck off", or "die" just because you don't like it is really immature. Just don't like a character and move on. Plenty of characters/games/movies/series I don't like, I just move on and worry about the stuff I do.

Since someone else used the big lebowski earlier:

tenor[1].gif

And like the old saying goes: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one"

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
View attachment 1811994
The majority of this game's sexual content is femdom, lmao.

Monster girl games in general are MOSTLY femdom, which makes it even more baffling. Plus the tags are on the game's thread for a reason (yes they're not always there, but you can find information via wonderful tools like search engines and find info on other sites about said game)

Reactions: cozyboy

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
Too lazy to read the context of the discussion but what kinda incel shit makes you want to kill her in particular?

If disliking someone who is crass, obnoxious, and vulgar to a cancerous degree is considered "incel", then may our species promptly cease reproduction so the rest of the universe may never be subjected to our shit existence.

But, to answer your question more seriously, She's all the things above, but also occupies two labyrinth floors, tends to have a really competent AI (she can apparently see through walls ten hallways away), and she spams the same two attacks consistently so you either have to endure a 2-day fight, or risk everything on rng. It doesn't help that, for some mind-numbing reason, defeating the hellhounds make them stronger. Because now we're dragonball z.

Seriously, orbital YEET cannon mod needs to exist. YEET the worst area out of existence.

What's ironic is how beris is in her sex scenes before the labyrinth, it's the good ole "don't judge a book by it's cover" schtick. That's all I'll say without spoilers.
I shouldn't need side content to find depth in a character. Beris is intolerable, can basically dodge bullets, and there is nothing about her content that makes her even somewhat appealing. I know with Venefica (shudder) there is at least something of worth to her cold demeanor. Beris is basically Venefica if you remove everything good and replace it with "lol I'm a dog".

Obviously everyone isn't going to like the same things, it's why there's a variety of different kinks and "waifus" for people.
I agree. Some people like eating shit. Most of us functional Human beings prefer not doing so.

Wanting something to "fuck off", or "die" just because you don't like it is really immature. Just don't like a character and move on. Plenty of characters/games/movies/series I don't like, I just move on and worry about the stuff I do.
I think having an opinion is fine. If something drives someone so far as to desire that thing's end, I think it speaks more to that thing's lack of appeal than the individual's maturity. It's more immature to tell someone not to have an opinion on something or not to express that opinion just because you have some weird fixation with defending things that don't exist.

Since someone else used the big lebowski earlier:

View attachment 1812817

And like the old saying goes: "Opinions are like assholes, everyone's got one"
I wonder if you think you're insightful or some kind of sage. Your post smacks of someone up their own ass about how wise they sound.

That is the charm.
The charm is about appealing as a brick to the dick.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
If disliking someone who is crass, obnoxious, and vulgar to a cancerous degree is considered "incel", then may our species promptly cease reproduction so the rest of the universe may never be subjected to our shit existence.

But, to answer your question more seriously, She's all the things above, but also occupies two labyrinth floors, tends to have a really competent AI (she can apparently see through walls ten hallways away), and she spams the same two attacks consistently so you either have to endure a 2-day fight, or risk everything on rng. It doesn't help that, for some mind-numbing reason, defeating the hellhounds make them stronger. Because now we're dragonball z.

Seriously, orbital YEET cannon mod needs to exist. YEET the worst area out of existence.

I shouldn't need side content to find depth in a character. Beris is intolerable, can basically dodge bullets, and there is nothing about her content that makes her even somewhat appealing. I know with Venefica (shudder) there is at least something of worth to her cold demeanor. Beris is basically Venefica if you remove everything good and replace it with "lol I'm a dog".

I agree. Some people like eating shit. Most of us functional Human beings prefer not doing so.

I think having an opinion is fine. If something drives someone so far as to desire that thing's end, I think it speaks more to that thing's lack of appeal than the individual's maturity. It's more immature to tell someone not to have an opinion on something or not to express that opinion just because you have some weird fixation with defending things that don't exist.

I wonder if you think you're insightful or some kind of sage. Your post smacks of someone up their own ass about how wise they sound.

The charm is about appealing as a brick to the dick.

No, I don't think I'm some "sage", if people agree with what I say cool, if they don't cool. I'm some rando on the internet just like everyone else. I'm just posting quotes that pertain to the situation.

When someone feels the need to publicly state their opinion, most of the time keyword "most" I've found it's unfortunately trying to find "validation", and go: "see see people agree with me!". That's just the wonderful world we now live in thanks to social media. No I'm not saying that's what it's like in all cases, but unfortunately social media's made that more of a thing more than ever, the whole 15 minutes of fame bullshit.

I'm not saying people shouldn't "have opinions", what I was more so was saying everyone has one, no one's special, once again that "validation" above.

You actually do need to get to know a person a lot of the times, not everyone wears their heart on their shoulder (I think that's the right expression), and some of us keep to ourselves more than others.

Some people put up fronts, because of past experiences, some people can be very bubbly and get along with everyone. A lot of times you don't truly get a person until you get to know them better, I've found that via real life experience several times, I thought a person was a certain way just because of first impressions, then when I got to know them I saw a lot of things you wouldn't normally see.

The reverse can be said as well, the whole "skeletons in their closet" expression.

I also find it quite ironic, because to even learn about the "something of worth" with venfica, you had to *gasp get to know her character by doing her quest/story. She just comes off different, and guess what that's fine, each person has different taste once again.

Last edited:

ankhtar

Jan 24, 2020
The majority of this game's sexual content is femdom, lmao.
Yes, I can read the tags and I did my research, I knew what I was getting into, so I don't understand the thinly veiled mockery. Me liking the fluff and monster girls in general made me overlook the femdom tag momentarily and I don't regret it, I enjoyed the game for what it is.

There are also several degrees of femdom. The type offered in this game is extremely light, which I can at least tolerate even if it does absolutely nothing for me, while also being largely optional. We are (sometimes) also given the option to turn it around on them and become the one on top, which is one of my kinks. Alternatively we can mostly avoid characters we dislike altogether, or skip the scenes by keeping ye olde ctrl key pressed.

tl;dr: In short, yes, I know, thank you.

Jan 1, 2018
to be forgiving and understanding: a lot of the time spent in development was probably working on the key minigame, which is enjoyable tbh
Which is entirely fair and understandable, but only if he actually continues to use this system and add more features to it. If this is something that is used for Labyrinth, and then never touched again, it's just going to be pointless and feel out of place when we could've just had something more uniform and simple like the rest of the game.

Reactions: Logan_Ronin

Mustang Flex

Oct 24, 2017
Which is entirely fair and understandable, but only if he actually continues to use this system and add more features to it. If this is something that is used for Labyrinth, and then never touched again, it's just going to be pointless and feel out of place when we could've just had something more uniform and simple like the rest of the game.
Personally I'm convinced this mechanic is already enough of a sunk cost fallacy in action as is. The work needed to make it more than a slightly aggravating minigame will just tank the development again. Best to leave it be.

NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
No, I don't think I'm some "sage", if people agree with what I say cool, if they don't cool. I'm some rando on the internet just like everyone else. I'm just posting quotes that pertain to the situation.
Here's a quote: Best to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

When someone feels the need to publicly state their opinion, most of the time keyword "most" I've found it's unfortunately trying to find "validation", and go: "see see people agree with me!". That's just the wonderful world we now live in thanks to social media. No I'm not saying that's what it's like in all cases, but unfortunately social media's made that more of a thing more than ever, the whole 15 minutes of fame bullshit.
Your view is skewed, probably due to the social circles you currently (or used to) run with. Regardless, "most of the time" people express their views on the internet because *gasp* they are expressing themselves on a forum where these things can be expressed. Imagine coming into a thread for a game that people play and telling someone they are immature for having an opinion on a piece of content in said game. The absolute state of (((((you))))).

I'm not saying people shouldn't "have opinions", what I was more so was saying everyone has one, no one's special, once again that "validation" above.
You specifically went at a single individual and called them immature for having an opinion.

You actually do need to get to know a person a lot of the times, not everyone wears their heart on their shoulder (I think that's the right expression), and some of us keep to ourselves more than others.
The exact expression is "heart on their sleeve." I hate the Labyrinth and cannot fathom why it exists. Beris is garbage. I wish the entire thing were removed and erased from existence. But, that's my opinion. You don't need to "get to know me" to know this. I also don't like the idea of extending para-social relationships into the everyday of whoever you're interacting with. What I say and do on here, it stays here. I don't give it another thought when I close the tab. The same goes for most people.

Some people put up fronts, because of past experiences, some people can be very bubbly and get along with everyone. A lot of times you don't truly get a person until you get to know them better, I've found that via real life experience several times, I thought a person was a certain way just because of first impressions, then when I got to know them I saw a lot of things you wouldn't normally see.

The reverse can be said as well, the whole "skeletons in their closet" expression
The fuck are you going on about? This is some insane levels of cognitive dissonance and rambling. Take your meds, grandpa.

I also find it quite ironic, because to even learn about the "something of worth" with venfica, you had to *gasp get to know her character by doing her quest/story. She just comes off different, and guess what that's fine, each person has different taste once again.
Venefica is pretty cold, albeit "welcoming" from the get-go. Also, her content ties into optional side stuff with Elly(?) that has no direct influence on the main story. That's the difference here. Venefica is purely side content you can choose to interact with. Beris is not. Venefica during her side content has positive qualities and sexy stuff that ties into her personality. Beris is an unappealing piece of shit from the moment you step into the labyrinth and makes almost no effort beyond the initial introductions to endear herself to you afterwards. Even when you serve her a plate of humble pie, she immediately calls you a cunt and buggers off.

To directly contrast Beris with someone main story-wise, she's worse than Kotone. Yes, I said it. She's worse than the abusive, psychologically-manipulative fox waifu. Kotone at least attempts to appear considerate of the fact that not everyone is into her shit, and shows some signs of betterment (even if it's a shallow gesture). Beris is pure toxicity.

There are a few separate discussions going on right now, and
ProZD will never not be relevant.

I feel like Threshold had a good idea going with the labyrinth, but aside it being a slog to get through, the hellhounds apparently being half-saiyan, and Beris, it feels like something he should have put more work into. Heck, make it optional side content. As it is, it has killed my interest in playing until there is more content beyond.

Personally I'm convinced this mechanic is already enough of a sunk cost fallacy in action as is. The work needed to make it more than a slightly aggravating minigame will just tank the development again. Best to leave it be.
Contrary to popular belief, it wasn't just the labyrinth tanking progress. A good portion of it went into fixing Venefica's content, and then Christmas happened, and then work in between all that, and finally, Threshold was moving, so working on sexy stuff was risky. Combine all that with the labyrinth and you realize it could have been finished months ago and we'd have had this dialogue back then. Part of the problem (I think, anyways) is that, like Venefica, it was a lot of by the time any of it was complete. It's not that the content isn't appreciated (in its own way), but it's kind of unnecessary. I feel like Threshold is either trying to push through this thing and damn the consequences, or he's kind of lost sight of the fact that the first 5 areas had mobs and the labyrinth not having them feels a bit too detached from the rest of the game.

Sarojin

Jul 9, 2017
Here's a quote: Best to keep one's mouth shut and be thought a fool, rather than open it and remove all doubt.

Your view is skewed, probably due to the social circles you currently (or used to) run with. Regardless, "most of the time" people express their views on the internet because *gasp* they are expressing themselves on a forum where these things can be expressed. Imagine coming into a thread for a game that people play and telling someone they are immature for having an opinion on a piece of content in said game. The absolute state of (((((you))))).

You specifically went at a single individual and called them immature for having an opinion.

The exact expression is "heart on their sleeve." I hate the Labyrinth and cannot fathom why it exists. Beris is garbage. I wish the entire thing were removed and erased from existence. But, that's my opinion. You don't need to "get to know me" to know this. I also don't like the idea of extending para-social relationships into the everyday of whoever you're interacting with. What I say and do on here, it stays here. I don't give it another thought when I close the tab. The same goes for most people.

The fuck are you going on about? This is some insane levels of cognitive dissonance and rambling. Take your meds, grandpa.

Venefica is pretty cold, albeit "welcoming" from the get-go. Also, her content ties into optional side stuff with Elly(?) that has no direct influence on the main story. That's the difference here. Venefica is purely side content you can choose to interact with. Beris is not. Venefica during her side content has positive qualities and sexy stuff that ties into her personality. Beris is an unappealing piece of shit from the moment you step into the labyrinth and makes almost no effort beyond the initial introductions to endear herself to you afterwards. Even when you serve her a plate of humble pie, she immediately calls you a cunt and buggers off.

To directly contrast Beris with someone main story-wise, she's worse than Kotone. Yes, I said it. She's worse than the abusive, psychologically-manipulative fox waifu. Kotone at least attempts to appear considerate of the fact that not everyone is into her shit, and shows some signs of betterment (even if it's a shallow gesture). Beris is pure toxicity.

Yeah, when a person constantly flings insults at me (aka the parts about me only and not the game), and I'm being pretty nice and not doing so besides a little sarcasm, the "discussion" is off the table, done after this one since all you can seem to do is hurl insults constantly (Ad Hominem is the term here, it's where you insult someone instead of addressing the "argument"), when talking about me. (I don't waste my time on assholes, there's a difference between being a smart ass and being an asshole, I've dealt with a lot of them in my life)

I went after a person/people because they had a very "extreme" opinion which is definitely immature and also a bit psychopathic, fictional character or not.

When someone makes some very far "reaches" as they would be called, about me as a person, and are completely off the mark, we're definitely done. I don't have the best social skills and that's all I'll admit personally about me, the other stuff to randos on the internet is none of their business.

The main point I was making which was apparently lost, was whining about content you can avoid and choose to skip past aka 1st world problems, as was mentioned about 2-3 posts above, and if god forbid you can't stomach a character so much because they're part of the main story that you need to progress, there's always the option to not play it at all.

Whether you want to accept it or not social media has influenced more people then ever to care about "clout" aka "validation", even before social media people would wanted to "be part of a trend" and continue to do so because they want to be part of something that's popular.

If you want to use said internet argument video as an example here, said people wishing death and for a character to "fuck off" would fall on the last part of that video, again pretty ironic, I guess you only saw the first part of the video as an example here. I also agree with that video because I have the same ideology of no one wins an internet argument, just like how I think bitching and moaning about content you can avoid/characters you can avoid is a 1st world problem and stupid too.

You're free as a person to do and say w/e you want within whatever ruleset. It doesn't mean you don't come off as whatever you're perceived to be, that falls to me as well, and that like opinions is subjective.

Here's another quote known as a "golden rule": "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all", yes this would partially fall to me as well, but I wouldn't have said anything if said 1st part didn't happen in the 1st place.

Have a nice day.

Last edited:

Ranonymou

Jun 10, 2021
At first impressions assuming you don't meet with Beris beforehand, yeah its like that meme of thinking she's an extreme Tsundere except it turns out she is really mad and actually hates you thus not making her a Tsundere and just a real toxic b*tch. The perspective of knowing her hobbies changes the dynamic a bit but she's either acting so very hard to keep up appearances or written so aggressively that I do think she really does hate the player outside of pleasure business while in the Labyrinth. I mean I don't really like Beris so its not something I have to cope with but considering she has more work put behind her amongst the sisters its disappointing I can't find a reason to like her other than the amusing prospect of her situation rather than her as a character due to that personality. I know some people will understand and relate to her wanting to keeping her hobbies secret from everyone while trying to quickly shoo away the one person who can destabilize her current relationships.

Hyrcanian

Jan 2, 2018
Honestly, I think Beris needs a bit more content added to her to dispel her seriously bitchy attitude so that she's more likeable as a character. I don't dislike Beris personally, but I can definitely see why she is off-putting to others. I like that she's sassy and puts up a tough exterior to hide that she just wants to be dominated. I also like that she puts you in an Amazonian pose when she smashes you. That said, there are definitely times, especially in the labyrinth, where she just comes off as a total bitch instead of having that rude but endearing kinda feeling that I'd prefer.

Overall, I'd love more content for all the hellhounds to flesh them out more. I wanna romance the shit out of Label and I want that Beris redemption arc where she becomes less of an asshat so I can love her fully as a character. Tsundere good, "bitchdere" eh.

Big Bummer

Mar 19, 2021
If something drives someone so far as to desire that thing's end, I think it speaks more to that thing's lack of appeal than the individual's maturity.
Well, I personally believe that using a euphemism like "desir[ing] that thing's end" to advocate for something's murder is some psycho stuff, especially so if the euphemism takes it out of its purely fictional context and connects that desire to 'things' in general.
Adding to that, while it is just a character in the end, characters are meant to emulate real people, and immediately refering to an emulation of a person as a 'thing' is quite worriesome. For clarification's sake: I am not offended at a character being objectified. I am merely worried at the hint of some psychotic tendencies, as slight as those may be.

I'm just an armchair psychologist though, so whatever I just said doesn't matter and is probably just b8.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

4.60 star(s) 85 Votes