NinjaNamedBob

May 3, 2018
So maybe you should lay off attacking other people's fetishes?
Nobody was attacking anyone's fetish. I have the opinion that Trisha is boring and unappealing. I don't get her appeal. Maybe lay off saying stupid shit?
I think people are being a bit generous with excuses for the dev here. The first time I played this (like 5-6 years ago, I believe), I also looked into modding it, and IIRC the codebase was... I'll just say messy. Already remnants of old abandoned internal systems floating about that new stuff didn't use (but some old, apparently forgotten stuff still did) and quite disorganized with poor labeling/documentation. Hallmarks of a haphazard, easily distracted dev 'style' - makes discussion of how fast it 'should' be going a bit moot (it's just not adequately capable of 'going' in the first place). I may be misremembering it, though, it's been a while and I was looking at a lot of bad game code at the time. Can blur together easily.
I've been talking to Threshold the last few days and he's said something similar about characters and code. Suffice it to say, he's addressing it, but I personally having the opinion of "if it's working, focus on making it aesthetic afterwards." Warehousing, construction, etc have the same rule. You don't mess around unnecessarily with something that works.

I only recall liking a few characters in this... specifically I remember liking Perpetua and Kyra, the lizard girl that actually wanted to fight you instead of fuck-'fight' you. I liked the manticore, too, but I don't remember her name.
I also recall returning to the game a couple years after first playing it and finding almost nothing new besides a few more largely uncompelling OCs that didn't fit all that well into the existing world, and basically zero progress made on a cohesive narrative front (the main quest halted in basically exactly the same place - right around getting the first 'badge,' IIRC). That return also gave me the distinct impression that the dev had legitimately forgotten that certain characters, unfinished encounters, and dropped threads even existed.
Funny thing.
While Venefica was something that took much longer than planned, 3-4 months?, and was done in the process of me effectively overworking and burning out, I find the comparison the the last year plus of consistent work to that to be very weird. But even then she does play an aspect into the overarching narrative of the game.
I'll let you form an opinion on that.
That return after a couple of years was also few years ago now. Little appears to have changed.
So yes, it appears from the outside like the patrons are being strung along. Even if that isn't the intent, narrative completion or even narrative progression appears so low a priority it can be largely ignored and/or forgotten for half a decade in favor of adding yet more new threads to later leave hanging. This game is not sustaining itself on mechanical depth, so I'm unsure how sustainable ignoring the narrative is. Perhaps the side characters are enough to satisfy the patrons.
I should just post Threshold's portion of the conversation relating to this. I'll also note that this is generally without proper context in relation to the conversation, so one shouldn't interpret it as making excuses or other malicious behavior. At worst, you can accuse him of getting lost in the sauce.
Well the Eros district which is the entrance location of the Capital, which once fully complete will be effectively a dungeon of sort, came out on April 30th of this year in regards to main progression? So I'm not sure where that mentality on the last one being in 2023 is coming from. Which 'main progression' is additionally a term that I think doesn't really encapsulate the kind of game MGD is or the way it's ever been developed. Leaving area's threadbare with no depth isn't something I want to do for the sake of rushing to the finish line, side quests and side content are of equal importance to the finished product. As well as giving content to existing characters people want to see more of, especially in some cases like Trisha where she's not fully fleshed out or finished in the first place. Development to the game can additionally include all kinds of things that aren't going to look like they're working towards the end even if they really are, such as balancing changes.
Regardless... you cannot do project development by breadth-first search, no matter how much time you can afford to commit to it. You will always add unfinished tasks faster than you complete them.
So, without playing any updates since a few years ago or reading the last 3-4 years of the thread, I'm going to make several predictions:
1. There's still only one badge.
2. 6-7 years in, Kyra remains largely forgotten in, IIRC, "wait for the desert zone approximately ten to fifteen years from now, and no that's not hyperbole given the current pace" limbo despite her encounter chain ending with her basically tee-ing up an invitation to her forest camp.
3. Those ninja girls in the first (maybe still only...?) dungeon/labyrinth/whatever still don't have CGs. IIRC there were a few other missing CGs, which are also probably still missing.
4. We've progressed about half a zone transition further into the main plot (half because the 'new zone' is still barebones and empty) over the last ~5 years.
5. Most of the content updates for long stretches are handfuls of single sex-scene additions to random NPCs with increasingly esoteric triggering requirements (not as random a guess as it might sound - this is a weird holding pattern that T.I.T.S. seemed to fall into sometimes. my best guess is it's just a 'this is what the dev/writer was getting off to this month + it's a cheap thing to add to keep the project looking alive' sort of thing).
6. Still can't romance Perpetua.
7. The manticore's content hasn't been added to.
The problem as far I can see is Threshold has one major issue, which is that the scope has exceeded his capabilities to produce content and make QoL changes while also closing prior threads so he can focus forward. He has brought people on to help, but from what I've gathered, he has a select few who have been consistent in terms of their output, and others who have either been unreliable, who don't care to work on the actual game itself, or a few other reasons that prevented him from retaining their services.
How'd I do?
Lack of kitsune cuddles 0/10

Last edited:

lazymesa

Aug 20, 2021
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While processing text tag {ThePlayerName} in '"\'{ThePlayerName}...\' she says slowly as if tasting your name. \'Dix...?\' She then shakes her head and her smile returns."'.:
  File "game/gamecode/adventureCode/adventuring.rpy", line 490, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_3
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 788, in script call
    $ renpy.call(*theJsonFunc)
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 575, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_9
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 1212, in script call
    call displayScene from _call_displayScene_1
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 788, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 871, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_20
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 1212, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 575, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 1090, in script call
    call read from _call_read_11
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 382, in script
    Speaker "[display!i]"
Exception: Unknown text tag 'ThePlayerName'

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 871, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemCore.rpy", line 1090, in script call
    call read from _call_read_11
  File "game/gamecode/functions/readerFormat.rpy", line 382, in script
    Speaker "[display!i]"
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 2573, in execute
    Say.execute(self)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 615, in execute
    renpy.exports.say(who, what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\exports\sayexports.py", line 132, in say
    who(what, *args, **kwargs)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1455, in __call__
    self.do_display(who, what, cb_args=self.cb_args, dtt=dtt, **display_args)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 1106, in do_display
    display_say(who,
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\character.py", line 803, in display_say
    rv = renpy.ui.interact(mouse='say', type=type, roll_forward=roll_forward)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\ui.py", line 301, in interact
    rv = renpy.game.interface.interact(roll_forward=roll_forward, **kwargs)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2215, in interact
    repeat, rv = self.interact_core(preloads=preloads, trans_pause=trans_pause, pause=pause, pause_start=pause_start, pause_modal=pause_modal, **kwargs) # type: ignore
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 2879, in interact_core
    self.draw_screen(root_widget, fullscreen_video, (not fullscreen_video) or video_frame_drawn)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\core.py", line 1381, in draw_screen
    surftree = renpy.display.render.render_screen(
  File "render.pyx", line 486, in renpy.display.render.render_screen
  File "render.pyx", line 260, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
    surf = render(child, width, height, cst, cat)
  File "render.pyx", line 170, in renpy.display.render.render
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 903, in render
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\screen.py", line 754, in render
    child = renpy.display.render.render(self.child, w, h, st, at)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\display\layout.py", line 1454, in render
    surf = render(child,
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 2540, in render
    virtual_layout = Layout(self, width, height, renders, drawable_res=False, size_only=True)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 733, in __init__
    self.paragraphs = self.segment(text.tokens, style, renders, text)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\text\text.py", line 1529, in segment
    raise Exception("Unknown text tag %r" % text)
Exception: Unknown text tag 'ThePlayerName'

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v26.5
Wed Oct  9 15:12:18 2024
happens when you introduce yourself durring first meeting
Code:
I'm sorry, but an uncaught exception occurred.

While running game code:
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemIf.rpy", line 27, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_2
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemIf.rpy", line 39, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_1
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 890, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_22
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 685, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_19
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 597, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_10
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 597, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 619, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_14
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 619, in script call
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 1547, in script
    $ holder = AttackCalc(monsterEncounter[CombatFunctionEnemytarget], player,  SkillsDatabase[skillAt], 1)
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 1547, in <module>
    $ holder = AttackCalc(monsterEncounter[CombatFunctionEnemytarget], player,  SkillsDatabase[skillAt], 1)
IndexError: list index out of range

-- Full Traceback ------------------------------------------------------------

Full traceback:
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemIf.rpy", line 27, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_2
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemIf.rpy", line 39, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_1
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 890, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_22
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 685, in script call
    call sortMenuD from _call_sortMenuD_19
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 1547, in script
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\ast.py", line 821, in execute
    renpy.python.py_exec_bytecode(self.code.bytecode, self.hide, store=self.store)
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\python.py", line 1178, in py_exec_bytecode
    exec(bytecode, globals, locals)
  File "game/gamecode/dialogueSys/dialogueSystemMisc.rpy", line 1547, in <module>
  File "D:\unziped games\MonGirlDreams-Alpha-v26.5-pc\renpy\revertable.py", line 214, in __getitem__
    rv = list.__getitem__(self, index)
IndexError: list index out of range

Windows-10-10.0.22631 AMD64
Ren'Py 8.3.2.24090902
Monster Girl Dreams Alpha-v26.5
Wed Oct  9 15:26:46 2024
happens durring vag sex scene every text box after this also flags error

Mirkuzzo96

Feb 3, 2020
Those hips are anything but plain :BootyTime:

Which enemies man, be more specifc
all, i want only to fight them all for see all the scenes without playing all the game. but since there are no a rooms where u can do this or refight who u just beated, i need a save before the fight of all the enemies

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
all, i want only to fight them all for see all the scenes without playing all the game. but since there are no a rooms where u can do this or refight who u just beated, i need a save before the fight of all the enemies
I doubt anyone would actually bother doing all of that, since you can access most of the content very easily, i'd recommend just cheating and playing the game since any game needs some emotional foreplay to get you to care, but either way here, this is v25 though since i hadn't updated the game, dont complain with what you get :BootyTime:

Reactions: bwardyunbip

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Every area lets you set what encounters you get after you beat that area.

magicandmadness

Mar 12, 2020
does anyone know a cheese for dark perpetua Ive been trying to kill her for 5 hours?
She's pretty susceptible to Aphrodisiac.
Cloying Mist, Lewd Bottle, and Placebo Pheromone all apply it.
Keep stacking that while escaping her restraints/pull and keeping yourself healed, and you should be good.
Barring that, leveling up usually helps.

aklik

Mar 24, 2018
I doubt anyone would actually bother doing all of that, since you can access most of the content very easily, i'd recommend just cheating and playing the game
Can you share console commands?
Messed my saves couple of times in a row while moving between versions, because android is clanky and dont wont to replay game straight for the sixth time.
Now using joiplay btw.

Master of Puppets

Conversation Conqueror
Oct 5, 2017
Messed my saves couple of times in a row while moving between versions, because android is clanky and dont wont to replay game straight for the sixth time.
Now using joiplay btw.
player.stats.Exp += 1000000
player.inventory.money += 1000000

For XP and money respectively.

Reactions: aklik

Noah Neim

Nov 25, 2020
Now using joiplay btw.
player.stats.hp/ep/sp +=
Same command just replace with stat name (case sensitive)
Plus what Master of puppets said or you can dry the Dirty cheats done for free mod

Last edited:
Reactions: aklik

Gojii

Oct 29, 2019
Is there a setting in one of the files to enable scrollback? I could've sworn you were able to do that previously, but maybe that was a mod/setting I tweaked? Just recall being able to scroll back for dialogue and such. (NVM found it in script rpy)

Its been a long time since playing this game. Subbed to Threshold for a while but got bummed over the whole pac-doggo maze content before capital and dropped. It'll be a nice refresher I guess.

Edit: Not a fan of the new Elena art. They made her way too slender. you'd think they'd make her thiccer, not thin legged. :cry:

Last edited:

rainwake

Jun 8, 2019
Does anyone know how to get Auria's VIP perk (Gold Mimic)?
For context, I've already bought 3 Gold Runes, 1 Gildara Orb, 10 Luxury Potions, which total more than 25K eros.

Edit: (Answer) Explore any region & set Golden Mimic as an event > Spend 25K Eros from any transactions > Naughty Transactions? > *click pink arrow on the right* > Sex - 5000 Eros > Naughty Transactions? > Ask about her...draining your money > Complimentary Compliments > Could you actually drain my money? > Yes - 1000 Eros > More! - 5000 Eros > More! -10000 Eros > Unlock perk

Last edited:

Phenir

Sep 28, 2019
Does anyone know how to get Auria's VIP perk (Gold Mimic)?
I've already bought 3 Gold Runes, 1 Gildara Orb, 10 Luxury Potions, which total more than 25K eros. "Complimentary Compliments" is unlocked for 0 Eros. Requesting it on repeat doesn't lead to offering to have money drained to unlock the perk.
You need to choose one of the naughty transactions (not compliments. Kissing requires extended scene). Then go back to the naughty transactions and choose compliments. Pick "Sure!" and then "C-could you actually drain my money?". From there just keep asking for more and you should get the perk after the 10k eros option.

Gamer Fafala

May 18, 2018
Is anyone else having a random crash issue? I've had it crash on me on several occasions. some even while on the main menu right after I start the game.

4.60 star(s) 87 Votes