KDBA

Apr 24, 2019
I guess what I'm trying to say is, the bug should be fixed now. All you have to do is reload the game and click the history back button until you reach a passage that is not the Inventory OR Journal. If you play from that point, I don't think you will get the bug anymore. At least according to my automated tests.
Can confirm; problem is gone. Thanks!

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I gotchu fam.
thank you! I appreciate it!

Can confirm; problem is gone. Thanks!
Great! thanks for letting me know

I've gotta say, lobotomy corporation is an odd choice of game to base the mechanics of a monster girl rancher game on, but it kind of works here. The only problem is that in that game doing the wrong sort of work with a subject could have disastrous consequences, whereas here it just means you need to click an extra time or two.
Unknownuser5 that's a very insightful comment. it's stupid of me, but I haven't actually played lobotomy Corporation. I have watched many hours of Let's Play vids though. I'm wondering if the game would be more fun if it just had a traditional JRPG battle mechanic, where the "attacks" are converse, play, chores, touch -- and you have to "defeat" the monster girls to unlock a scene.

This effects other mechanics too, as learning more information about how to successfully interact with the monster girls doesn't feel as meaningful, since there's not really much difference between having a poor interaction versus a good one. You can just try every interaction until you find the one that gets the most points then spam it until you max out her affection.
Before I say this, I want to say I agree with you 99%. See, Lobotomy Corporation can be brutal, and since the emphasis of my game is on the story, it doesn't make sense to be brutal: If you got 4 monster girls and then died, you probably wouldn't want to restart to get the other half. Replaying the first half a second time wouldn't be novel.

That 1% where I disagree is that *some* monster girls give you status effects if you do the wrong thing. But I can see how that doesn't make a difference to the point you're making.

Having items that improve your interactions with specific monster girls is an interesting idea but there's no real reason to do that in the game as it stands.
Yeah I can see that. It saves you a bit of time/grind, that's all.

I don't want this to sound too negative because I really do think this has the potential to be great. The writing is engaging and the premise has a lot of promise. The core concept of growing your ranch by working to understand and recruit new monster girls, which give you the tools to find and recruit even more monster girls, etc is a very satisfying loop. Comparatively my complaints are minor but I do think it is a problem you'll need to address eventually. Either way I'll be keeping an eye on this, there really aren't any successful monster girl rancher style games out there and this one could end up amazing.
Thank you for this feedback. I think it's spot on and I agree with every point. Do you have any ideas on what would be a better battle system? This question is for anyone, not just you. I'm really open and receptive to feedback.

Last edited:
Jul 19, 2020
Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
After some experimentation with the game, i have to say that, its interesting, but there are parts of the story that just make me go meh, mostly the fact that most choices seem to matter not other than deciding if the character has the sex scene.

I have nothing against a bumbling fool for a game like this, but having every choice be "you make a fool out of yourself" or "you do nothing" takes a lot of the fun.
This is not a combat game, i get that, but i simply would prefer not to have the options, than have false ones that just have the world make fun of the character with things like "You try to atack..but grab a spoon and completly ignore the fact you were rightfully scared about this bitch with the power of just ignoring all atempts at making her leave even if you grab her"

Reactions: Wrynn13

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
After some experimentation with the game, i have to say that, its interesting, but there are parts of the story that just make me go meh, mostly the fact that most choices seem to matter not other than deciding if the character has the sex scene.
by experimentation, do you mean you played by going through every option to see what effect it has? If not, can you elaborate on your experimentation?

i simply would prefer not to have the options, than have false ones that just have the world make fun of the character
That's fair and accurate.

I'd love to go through and add more meaningful choices, but it would significantly increase the time it takes the write content. That's not the say I won't do that at some point, just that it's considerable writing effort. When I prioritize content, I think new characters add more value than multiple options. That's just my opinion, and if you disagree, I'd love to hear your perspective.

"You try to atack..but grab a spoon and completly ignore the fact you were rightfully scared about this bitch with the power of just ignoring all atempts at making her leave even if you grab her"
I get the point of what you're saying above, but I don't understand what you are trying to say in the sentence.

Thanks a lot for trying the game!

AlexWildfire

May 29, 2018
by experimentation, do you mean you played by going through every option to see what effect it has? If not, can you elaborate on your experimentation?

That's fair and accurate.

I'd love to go through and add more meaningful choices, but it would significantly increase the time it takes the write content. That's not the say I won't do that at some point, just that it's considerable writing effort. When I prioritize content, I think new characters add more value than multiple options. That's just my opinion, and if you disagree, I'd love to hear your perspective.

I get the point of what you're saying above, but I don't understand what you are trying to say in the sentence.

Thanks a lot for trying the game!
Mostly the ramblings of someone who was to tired to re-read what i wrote. Basically i played the game, liked most of it but the early choices left a bad taste in my mouth for seeming to be illusions of choice. The game gives the option to try to make the hound girl leave two times and in both its one small phrase on she seeming to be able to free her arms with no effort proceeded by ignoring the attempt. Character headbutt spider, again seemingly immunity to acts of character + world making fun of the character for the crime of not wanting to be a passive plank of wood just nodding yes and waiting.

My attempt at a point is that i probably am looking at the game expecting the choices to be different lines of personality like , mean , passive and doubtful , when they are mostly just different ways to show its a miracle the mc is alive with apparently 0 sense of survival and the strength of a stuffed animal :p

About the multiple options or more characters, i agree that if the idea of the game is to make a big farm of monster girls more characters are better than having choices just for having them

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Basically i played the game, liked most of it but the early choices left a bad taste in my mouth for seeming to be illusions of choice.
thanks for the reply. It's important for me to understand if you had to go back and try different options to realize the illusion of choice, or if it was immediately evident.
My attempt at a point is that i probably am looking at the game expecting the choices to be different lines of personality like , mean , passive and doubtful , when they are mostly just different ways to show its a miracle the mc is alive with apparently 0 sense of survival and the strength of a stuffed animal
Yeah, I think I'm setting up that expectation, and I can see how that would be disappointing. I'll think about this, but it's really hard to pull this off without watering down the story, especially in a comedy; one choice may lead to a joke while the other won't. Jokes take 2-4x longer to write than normal exposition.

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Based on feedback, I'm planning on rewriting the care activity portion of the gameplay. I've made a mockup and attached it here. I could really use your feedback, as I think it's important that this aspect of the game is fun. It's an interactive PDF. Start at the beginning and click around instead of scrolling. Thanks!

Here's a screenshot of part of it. View attachment Care System.pdf

1612141924896.png

MrCrazy123

Feb 6, 2019
That's cute, it feels more interactive than the current iteration. It also feels like you could keep adding in encounters for characters who already exist, where the current system feels like a monster girl could never have more than 3 interactions because the UI doesn't really support it.

Also makes using the items you can buy more interesting and having items that you harvest from monster girls have some sort of point to them.

I'm a fan.

Reactions: Bawdy Ink Slinger

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Try the latest Monster Girl Farmer: it's like a whole new game!

I haven't been this excited about a Monster Girl Farmer release since the first public announcement! The old gameplay has been completely ripped out and replaced by a far more entertaining and fun system. I truly believe it's been improved by an order of magnitude.

That said, there's a lot of opportunity for growth, almost certainly in ways I'm not even seeing. That's why I need your feedback! Reply to this post, message me on discord, send me an email, whatever -- I love interacting with players.

Besides the new gameplay, there's new artwork of Eva the Dog Girl and a new scene with a nameless Snake Girl. Actually, the new scene is another huge milestone for me because it's the first story in any of my games written by a guest author! Deos is her name, and she's a wonderful writer. I think you'll love her scene as much as I do! If you want to know how to unlock it, you'll find that information in the .

Most importantly (and I know I'm repeating myself), I really want your feedback on this new system. It's like a whole new game!

PS: I'd really appreciate some new reviews on this thread. A lot of the negative reviews are no longer applicable because so much has changed in this version.

Last edited:

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
I've gotta say, lobotomy corporation is an odd choice of game to base the mechanics of a monster girl rancher game on, but it kind of works here. The only problem is that in that game doing the wrong sort of work with a subject could have disastrous consequences, whereas here it just means you need to click an extra time or two. This effects other mechanics too, as learning more information about how to successfully interact with the monster girls doesn't feel as meaningful, since there's not really much difference between having a poor interaction versus a good one. You can just try every interaction until you find the one that gets the most points then spam it until you max out her affection. Having items that improve your interactions with specific monster girls is an interesting idea but there's no real reason to do that in the game as it stands.

I don't want this to sound too negative because I really do think this has the potential to be great. The writing is engaging and the premise has a lot of promise. The core concept of growing your ranch by working to understand and recruit new monster girls, which give you the tools to find and recruit even more monster girls, etc is a very satisfying loop. Comparatively my complaints are minor but I do think it is a problem you'll need to address eventually. Either way I'll be keeping an eye on this, there really aren't any successful monster girl rancher style games out there and this one could end up amazing.
I know I've already replied to you, but I wanted to say I really took this feedback to heart. Hopefully you consider the latest release an improvement in the direction you were advising. Others gave me feedback that the gameplay needs work, but you didn't just say what the problem was, you explained why. Others tried to explain the same thing to me, but given my dumb brain, the way you worded it finally clicked.

I literally used your quote as a mantra, pinning it on my discord server and in my Trello, repeatedly checking to see if I was on course. Thank you again!

Bawdy Ink Slinger

Monster Girl Farmer
Game Developer
Jun 1, 2017
Was curious why can't we bring eva into town after amy moves in?
Good question. That's only because I haven't written that part of the game yet. The next content I wrote was going to address that, opening up the town to other monster girls.

The first idea I had for this game was fairies working in a magic shop. I want lots of different monster girls to set up shops.

chrisdraconis

Jul 18, 2017
Just met Olivia and immediately wished the snare had been around another part of her anatomy :rolleyes::p also ask intimate question seems to link to clean habitat

Last edited:
3.60 star(s) 9 Votes