Unity - Abandoned - Monster Girl Kingdom [v0.2] [Colas1n]

1. 5.00 star(s)

z4pper

This game is great! It has a lot of potential!

It functions like a minigame. It's quick and fast paced.
    There's no save, so if you die it's game over. But you can restart so fast that it's negligible. Give it a spin! It's worth playing once. Hopefully this only improves from here!
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Fleis

While maintaining a simplistic overall artstyle, the art protrayed in the events and of the characters is phenominal. The game is quite fun if you're just looking to have some quick fun, but has some major flaws when it comes to replayability.

Firstly, the events system - you randomly receive events that either increase or decrease one or more stats or resources. This in itself makes pretty good sense. The issue is , that these events have no influence beyond that, and may repeat indefinitely.

Secondly, the romance system. Having to say no to anything from one or two, to dozens of proposals while waiting to get to oneof the characters you want to romance can literally ruin your run, as the penalties of saying no still applies (but for saying yes it isn't the case, for some reason).

Thirdly, the gallery is not unlocked, and doesn't unlock even after romancing all of the girls, which means you can't relive all of those magical moments you experienced with the girls.

Apart from that, I have a few questions regarding the story itself, like what happened to the last king, and how they knew to summon you.

Overall, I'll give it 4/5 stars. It has great potential and is still in early development. I will be looking forwards to seeing how it grows!
  3. 2.00 star(s)

ThompsonBalo

I`m honestly twisted right now, because this game is obviously still in a very early state and has an interesting idea, but has also very big flaws where it depends how they are handled in the future. The artstyle of the game itself is simplistic but does the job, the style of the characters and h scenes is nice and well made. I would say a 4/5

The big problem is the repetitiveness, lack of meaning in your decisions and weird dating mechanic.

repetitiveness: You solely have around 3 different actions for every ressource (army, people, faith, money etc) and they are constantly repeated over and over again. You can for example give the church money to repair their building or build a fort for your soldiers, they will still ask the same thing a dozen times over and over again. Of course with time there might be more additions to that, but the question is still how the developer will handle the randomness of those events. Random events are nice because you can`t predict them but can also make it repetitive, your choices meaningless and don`t really create a goal.

Meaningless choices: Your decisions itself don`t really do anything so far, they are merely there so you can balance those bars on your stats and keep them high. Is religion low? Say yes to a random petition of the church, is religion high deny it, the actual issue and what the church asks you to do barely matters at all because it has no real long time consequences. They will just ask the same stuff in a few more rounds again anyway. I don`t see that changing in the future either. They ask you to fund a restauration, you give them the money but they never restore anything and just as again.

Another terrible thing is the way how you romance a character. The first character where you say yes to their request falls for you? What if my religion is super low, the church asks me to fund their building, I have a ton of money but don`t want to say yes because I want to have a scene with the queen? The game literally forces me to either lose or romance a random girl because I can`t deny their request. I often had to deny 10 requests in a row till the queen came up where I could answer with yes, ruining any strategic movements on how to manage my ressources and losing the game. This is terrible.

Therefore as the game is now it only gets 2 stars. Will change the review when the game progresses.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Dukedom

Just 0.1.0 but I could say this is a promising game. The art is incredible, gameplay is interesting that I haven't met in any H game. They tend to add much more things in future so this game worth for 5 stars of rating
  5. 3.00 star(s)

craigman1211

I would say for an v0.1 this is a pretty decent game, but it gets a bit repetitive. The art looks really nice, I think the UI is very clean, but it seems like there are some bugs, the gallery doesn't work yet but I see they are planning on adding it, It desperately needs content that makes it more like a rogue-lite rather than a rogue-like, the difference being advantages that pass over between consecutive playthroughs. As a whole I would say this game has a lot of potential, it just doesn't represent enough of that content to warrant anything other than an Average rating.