Monster Girls - bestiality or not?

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
So this question popped into my head the other day and decided to pose it to the group for laughs. Should monster girls be considered bestiality?

Things to consider:

* They're monsters which have taken on human characteristics but they're still monsters and monsters are generally considered beasts.

* Monster girls are different from therianthropes which for those who don't know their greek mythology is the general term for humans who can shape shift into animals.

* Often times what you're actually fucking is located on a part of the body that's more beast than human.

Personally I'd say ya it does but you could argue it either way with one notable exception - slimes. Slimes are pure monster and just mimicking a shape.

bobdickgus

Apr 9, 2020
Bestiality: "sexual intercourse between a person and an animal" - Humans are animals therefore all intercourse involving humans is bestiality.

* They're monsters which have taken on human characteristics but they're still monsters and monsters are generally considered beasts.
Calm down, Politicians aren't THAT bad, it isn't bestiality to have sex with them just repugnant.

Mar 11, 2018
If we go with the demi-human type of monster girls as in Monster Musume anime or whatever was it called (no s2 btw)
It's easy to say it shouldn't be considered bestiality.
You can have a zombie monster girl, you can have a monster girl that originates from some sort of mythical creature too.
Even a succubus could be considered a demon/monster girl, don't see any animal features in a girl like that.
What about ghost girls then?

Monster =/= Beast

Beast having animal features and so on.
Monster on the other hand is a terrifying creature, fictional creature.

What about Dullahan monster girl, the headless rider one?

In conclusion monster girls cannot be considered bestiality.

Obsidion69

Jun 16, 2018
If we go with the demi-human type of monster girls as in Monster Musume anime or whatever was it called (no s2 btw)
It's easy to say it shouldn't be considered bestiality.
You can have a zombie monster girl, you can have a monster girl that originates from some sort of mythical creature too.
Even a succubus could be considered a demon/monster girl, don't see any animal features in a girl like that.
What about ghost girls then?

Monster =/= Beast

Beast having animal features and so on.
Monster on the other hand is a terrifying creature, fictional creature.

What about Dullahan monster girl, the headless rider one?

In conclusion monster girls cannot be considered bestiality.
Valid point which is why I said it could be argued either way. There are after all monster girls that are not typically classified as beasts such as zombies, ghosts, orcs, etc.... but what about those based on real and fictional animals such as cat girls, dragons, etc... Perhaps we need to establish RPG style class types.

Are they sentient?

Yes: not bestiality
No: time for a visit from the ASPCA
You do realize that virtually all animals are sentient right?

Sentient - able to perceive or feel things.

While it's questionable just how far their sentience goes there is no doubt near 100% meet at least the minimum requirement.

Reactions: Loveboss and Sole

hrimthyrs

May 6, 2020
Sentient - able to perceive or feel things.
Fun thing about words is that they're often polysemic, so cherry-picking one definition out of one dictionary (even one as good as Oxford Languages) will often lead you astray.

There's a well-established tradition of using the word sentient as a synonym for sapient, self-aware, or conscious, i.e. capable of interacting with humans as intellectual peers and, in this context, capable of giving informed consent.

Reactions: turkler

Cryswar

The Profound Dorkness
Game Developer
May 31, 2019
Whether they're human-mimicking monsters, demihumans, or cosplaying humans depends on the setting too much for point 1 to be consistent. There are definitely "monster" girls that lean pretty far into monstrosities and sometimes bestiality, but many (maybe most) that don't.

Point 2... most of the MG settings I've seen portray them as human or even superhuman in intelligence, so by the standards of consent that group would qualify as much as an average human. It definitely gets hairier when you get into more animalistic or bestial monster girls, though.

Point 3 is again, HIGHLY dependent on the setting and specific girl. Even most of the monstrous ones JUST HAPPEN to transition to human right around the naughty bits. Again, there are those that go much harder into the monster thing.

As a whole, I'd say most monster girls fall closer into the 'humanoid with fox ears' kind of category and can't be considered bestiality in any sense of the world, but there is definitely a subset of more monstrous examples that in some cases might.

That said, being more monstrous but retaining human intelligence wouldn't qualify imo. It's fundamentally different to fuck a dog than it is to fuck a dog-girl ed...ward... Bestiality tends to portray the animal as a being of lesser intelligence, sentience, or sapience. It's not JUST 'fucking something with animal characteristics', in much the same way that two fursuiters fucking isn't bestiality.

Slimes vary a lot in their portrayal. There are definitely a lot of dumb/lesser intelligent ones out there, but plenty that are human intelligence as well. Something like Erubetie from MGQ wouldn't even come close to qualifying imo, but I can think of some that might.

May 5, 2020
it really amounts to two things, the intelligence of the creature and how human like it is

arcaos

Game Developer
Sep 16, 2020
I’m generally of the mind that if a real human woman could accurately cosplay as your monster girl with a ton of skin showing(or body paint) then it’s 1. A legit monster girl and 2. Definitely not bestiality. I consider the monster girl fetish to be a tiny step above cosplay/pet play, if that.

Obscure

Game Developer
Jul 15, 2018
From the point of view of the censors you are golden with monster girls up until centaurs.

At that point you trip the fear of horse genital supremacy and it is bestiality.

Sphere42

Sep 9, 2018
1) does not cover born humans using magic, surgery or similar means to alter their bodies. Even if the results are squick like Hermione accidentally using cat hair in her potion.
2) does not cover involuntary transformations like werewolves (sapient or feral) nor the difference between traditional demi-humans (half-half, like centaurs or mermaids) and full-body amalgamations.
3) varies a lot but in my experience even upright demihumans more often than not have a triangular section of human skin and very human-like genitals. Fuzzy cat/doggirls might border on hirsutism but that's still closer to the natural state of most humans than the hairless barbie dolls presented in modern media.

None of your points cover the fundamental break from reality of having a second fully sapient civilised species, which we simply do not have any precedent or societal norms for. But those who aren't already bigoted against certain types of human-human relations usually tend to also accept relationships involving nonhumans if they can consent in a human-native language (e.g. space Avatar wasn't crucified for the human protagonist wanting to bone a tribal alien chick).

Even your point about slimes is not true. For example Non Monstrum is a more romance-ish game where the protagonist used to be a human but got transformed into a slime and retains a lot of human characteristics (except for the weird body mechancis). And while not traditional slimes Trials in Tainted Space has grey goo nanites including your garden variety dumb mimic blob, but they can fully copy and embody human brain scans and reach supercomputer levels of intelligence.

TL;DR: it's almost always interspecies but other than that evaluate on a case-by-case basis. Especially if you would bone Liara, The Doctor, Legolas or Lady Dimitrescu.

rk-47

Jun 27, 2020
i like to call it monsterality, which is its own category, sex with giant (or human sized) beings that are not human nor animal but just have big cocks/tits

Buddawg

Aug 12, 2017
They shouldnt use same tag considering Monstergirls and Monster are seperate tags on this very forum. Most other forums have the same

claus001

Feb 15, 2020
Depends how human supremacist you are.

Do you consider elves as monster girls, what about orcs? Then there are all short of hybrid creatures. I never had any difficulties to draw a line between sentient creature and non-sentient. Can they speak? Can they count time? Do they understand they will die? If any of them was no, then they are not sentient.

VegitoHlove

Apr 27, 2018
To me it's as simple as: If I stuck my cock in my doggo's baby chute, it's bestiality.

If I stroke my cock to orgasm whilst playing a monster girl (or boy)/furry game, it's not bestiality.

Bottom line is: Don't stick your dick in Rover. (Or have his dick stuck in you)