Others - Completed - Monsters 'n Girls [Final] [DHM]

1. 3.00 star(s)

Techno11244

Monsters n' Girls is just like Ghosts 'n Goblins but with horny succubuses, slime girls, humanoid goblin girls, spider girls, plant girls, lamia, mermaids, and bird girls. The game proves to be difficult just like it's source material

This is a game that has made me rage quit, from how difficult and annoying it was and the yank mechanics. You have no control over your movement once you jump, once you jump where you will land has already been predetermined, this gives so many issues however even without that mechanic alone the game was very difficult. It's embarrasing how many times I died.
    I played this game to the end and completed it because despite of how much I hated it I found it very fun. It's a challenge and I got better overtime.

The biggest downside about the game are the sex scenes. It's not enough.
  2. 3.00 star(s)

Squall14

Looks interesting if you have the patience lol. I stopped at the wine part where you get trapped by plant girls. I mean, this game looks old and it is a copy paste of ghosts and goblins so i won't be too critical. I would've put the effort to finish the game if the h-scenes were worth it... Also, i kept getting those weird flickering on my screen which was hard for my eyes.
  3. 2.00 star(s)

Deleted member 3427911

Unfortunately underwhelming. Like it's sequel (which I really liked and gave 5 stars to) it's a retro platformer, but unfortunately significantly worse in every way.

The facts that you get knocked back a lot and can die in 1/2 hits, weapons and armor pickups are very scarce, and some checkpoints are far from each other makes gameplay extremely difficult and unforgiving (though to it's credit Normal Mode gives you unlimited lives).
    The pixel and H-scenes are cute but but unfortunately inferior to the sequel in every way.

The only people I can recommend this to are patient, hard-core platformer fans who are looking for a serious challenge, or people who beat the sequel and really desperate for a tiny bit more content and willing to work really hard to access it.

Otherwise, avoid.
  4. 1.00 star(s)

DrWeeb

Although some may be nostalgic, speaking with modern standards... It's a chore to play.

Gameplay: 1/5, Old-Fashioned, rough movement, etc.
    I'm fine with old games. And sure, maybe if you're a "Ghosts n' Goblins" expert you might not have any issues. But it's definitely old style movement. You can't turn after jumping, limited to two spears, armor then death. I got to stage 2 when I decided to give up.
    Some strengths is that... I mean, it responds quickly, and you stop when you stop (on the ground only). Damage is fine.
    Issues are that, hitboxes move FAST. You cannot react unless you know it's happening and how to distance yourself. The first boss is an example of that. You can't just run back, she jumps into you doing damage. You can't jump over while moving to dodge her shockwave, you'll get hit. I only beat her because daggers and golden armor melted her. Even moving up platforms, you might clip up suddenly.

It's an old school game, I get it. But just because it's old school doesn't make it good. Take DOOM's DEFAULT controls, it's SHIT. Or how about some games glitches, or other games where you just clip around? I probably wouldn't mind it if it was a bit easier to understand everything. I'm privy to a challenge; beat DS2 in CoC, and DS3 all bosses. But this just feels unfair.

Visuals: 1/5, mediocre at best, major issues out of the box.
    When I started playing, it'd keep flickering to some menu to input name or something? I don't know what it was but it DEFINITELY was not supposed to be that way.
    Other than that, all MAJOR things are there, tiles, enemies, character... But they're all basic. And there's no extra flair for the backgrounds, in the environment, etc. I guess some monster girls look good, animations are fine. I will say that the character, and enemies look sort of... Weird. I guess chibi, but a bit more... I dunno. Lanky? Anorexic? Childish? The backgrounds are also pretty damn bare too.

Audio: 2/5, shocked my ears when starting, stock music.
    I swear I've heard the boss midis, and everything else in old ero games before. It's just kinda meh. It works fine, it's just not anything good, or cool.

Story: IDK/5, it was untranslated, other than the post here.
    Not counting towards rating, but just know you don't really get a story.

Overall: 1/5, Play if you're a god at old games.
    It probably plays like Ghosts n' Goblins. Maybe I'm a bitch (no, not in games at least, I think I know what a fair challenge is). I know you WANT to lose to monsters to see the H, but I'd rather beat the game FIRST then see what goes on. It feels like I'm battling the game half the time. Blazing through the stages isn't hard at all, but the boss just made me upset, then sad.

Playing off of nostalgia does NOT make it a good game. It might be a good ALTERNATIVE to an old one, but it DOES NOT make it OBJECTIVELY good.