Most complex adult game you ever....

darkshaw

Jan 20, 2019
Just a random question to find something new to play.

What is the most complex game you ever played?

What i mean by complexity is:

Complex AI (responsive to your actions , stats , apparence )
or/and
A lot of charter costumization
or/and
Complex date sim system

Adabelitoo

Jun 24, 2018
Complex Society, because it has "Complex" on his name(?)

Shameless auto-promotion aside, the only game I could thought was A Town Uncovered. You have 5 stats and you can only train to increase the max amount of that stat and not how many points of that stat you will actually have (I'm not sure but I think you get one of each stat back after sleeping at night) and every time you do/say something, the success of that option depends on how many points in that stat you have but you can fail an action by not having enough or having too many points of that stat.

Deleted member 997153

I am a meat popsicle
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 7, 2018
What BlueCat has planned for Ecchi Sensei is pretty crazy. It's hard to summarize, but the last few updates on his Patreon outline the scope of what he's planned. He's also planning on making it the longest VN ever made too. Definitely ambitious.

Benn Swagger

Aug 26, 2016
I never experience a complex VN games. Perhaps it because my genre in Incest, so usually they are nukige genre.
As OP question, I can only think of 2 games that depict complex, not repeat to grind to get success.
Slave Maker 3 & Jack'O'Nine. Both game are similar, buying slave girl and train them. Selling them with better skill, profit. It a simple game if you're train them without ambition. But if you want to sell them at higher price as their reach perfect skill/stat, then you need extra brain cells to do it ... or google for guide.

Hmm ... if I recall back, maybe ... just maybe, Date Ariane is a complex VN. It doesn't have game over, but to get the best ending, you need to pick the best answer. Was it complex or it just an asshole game mechanic ? ... you decide.

Reactions: hameleona

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Hmm ... if I recall back, maybe ... just maybe, Date Ariane is a complex VN. It doesn't have game over, but to get the best ending, you need to pick the best answer. Was it complex or it just an asshole game mechanic ? ... you decide.
It's both a complex and an asshole game mechanism.
You don't just need to choose the right answer to have the best possible ending. It will be the ending of one date, not the ending of the game. Once you've done that, you need to restart the game, choosing this time completely different right answers, to have a completely different date ending. And if you do it in the right order, for the right number of times, then you'll have the game ending.
Sadly, Ariane B removed her walkthrough, but if my memory don't betray me, there's four different game ending, plus all the intermediate endings that in fact concern only the date.

DawnCry

Nov 25, 2017
The company by Westane. What this game has planned is the pinnacle of complexity.

We have interactive sex scenes that can have the NPC in control or the player, NPC will have preferences about certain actions or fetishes, they will react to your appearance, your clothes... you can be a male, sissy, trans, female or bimbo. The game includes some transformations for characters...

Even more there will be multiple routes that will happen based on your actions.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
You don't just need to choose the right answer to have the best possible ending. It will be the ending of one date, not the ending of the game. Once you've done that, you need to restart the game, choosing this time completely different right answers, to have a completely different date ending. And if you do it in the right order, for the right number of times, then you'll have the game ending.
Sadly, Ariane B removed her walkthrough, but if my memory don't betray me, there's four different game ending, plus all the intermediate endings that in fact concern only the date.
*blinks*

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
For me there's a difference. We know that you are sadist (Chris, go out of Nottravis' innocent mind ! :p ) and that we'll have to follow many routes to fully enjoy your game.
At the opposite, what made (from my point of view) the mechanism behind Date Ariane an asshole mechanism, is that there's no indication regarding how it works. If I didn't found the walkthrough will searching for something else, I wouldn't have had understood that the game evolve each time you play it, and that by doing this you can unlock unexpected scenes.
But in the same time, it's an interesting use of Ren'py and its persistent data. With a warning or a better explanation on how to fully appreciate the game, it would have been just complex.

Nottravis

Sci-fi Smutress
Donor
Game Developer
Jun 3, 2017
For me there's a difference. We know that you are sadist (Chris, go out of Nottravis' innocent mind ! :p ) and that we'll have to follow many routes to fully enjoy your game.
At the opposite, what made (from my point of view) the mechanism behind Date Ariane an asshole mechanism, is that there's no indication regarding how it works. If I didn't found the walkthrough will searching for something else, I wouldn't have had understood that the game evolve each time you play it, and that by doing this you can unlock unexpected scenes.
But in the same time, it's an interesting use of Ren'py and its persistent data. With a warning or a better explanation on how to fully appreciate the game, it would have been just complex.
Ah! Righties. Gotcha. Aye, mine is more laid out. The choices, although numerous, should always be informed ones and not rely upon guesswork, walkthroughs etc.

*Goes to depart - then pauses at the door*

Hey!..Me? A sadist? *is adorable - this is known!* ;)

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
Actually there are a few game-overs in it.

one can get. It's not a bad game and you unlock nothing from playing it again and again.
The second one was called Something in the Air or whatever and did all the things you describe. Unless the original got ported over to RenPy at some point (the second game sucked so much I stopped following what Ariane B does) I don't think you are talking about the same game I think of, when you say Date Ariane.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Unless the original got ported over to RenPy at some point (the second game sucked so much I stopped following what Ariane B does) I don't think you are talking about the same game I think of, when you say Date Ariane.
Well, by following the link I provided, you would have discovered that yes, it was ported on Ren'py...

Daxter250

Forum Fanatic
Sep 17, 2017
rai7. that game was so complex (and also only half translated) that i didn't understand shit.

other games i found complex:
sengoku rance
daibanchou big bang age
yu-no

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
I did. But you can try and be snarky again, practice makes perfect. ;)
The thread prefix tell you that it's a Ren'py game, while it need less than a minute to search through the unique page of the thread and find links that are actually workings.

hameleona

Oct 27, 2018
The thread prefix tell you that it's a Ren'py game, while it need less than a minute to search through the unique page of the thread and find links that are actually workings.
Much better! ;)

That said, you are still wrong about the mechanics

What game play differences are there between the Renpy Version and the Online Version?

The most obvious is that you use menu buttons instead of links. Player text appears after your choice instead as hover text. Initially this may seem like the game is slower, but after a while you will notice there is a better flow to the conversations in the game.

Because Renpy uses Python instead of Javascript, and the Javascript code had become an indecipherable mess over the years, I decided to write all new code from scratch. Differences in game play is inevitable as a result, however where differences exist I focused on making the Renpy version better than the online version. For testing purposes, I made sure the walkthroughs I wrote for the latest online version work on the Renpy version as well. They almost do, but there are differences.

One of the biggest differences is the elimination of “ponytail hair”. This change was way too difficult to make in the online version, but I really wanted to drop the use of ponytail hair to represent hair that could be wet or dry. Instead Ariane’s hair is always wet when in the hot tub or the pool, and remains so until she goes inside to dry off or after a shower. Ariane no longer wears a towel indoors, either. This eliminates two dress states which reduces the picture count a little. Some other rule changes have been made that make some events slightly harder, I’ll point them out in updated walkthroughs.

Other minor changes have been made as well, the nightclub and museum differ based on what Ariane is wearing there. There are a couple of small new events, nothing major, I’ll let you discover them on your own.

There are other things like game “Achievements”, 78 in all I believe. This kind of thing is not possible with the online version, and will add to replay value. Like the online version, there are also pop up hints to give you clues to Ariane’s current feelings. If you find these annoying you can turn them off in the Options screen (they are off by default). Also like online, you can cheat using the Konami Code, but this turns off achievement progress.

On the other hand there is no longer a way to get a code to import your date to Something’s In The Air. It’s a rarely used feature anyways, and isn’t worth all the extra code required. I may eliminate that feature in the next version of SITA anyways.
And there was nothing persisting between playtroughs in the original. So while I'm a lazy bum for expecting the usual quality of an OP post on this forum (as proven), you are confusing the two games the developer made. :)

somebodynobody

Engaged Member
May 11, 2017
I have to lean towards the Japanese games by softhousechara and the like. RPG/Building & City Management/Dungeon Crawler/Dating sims. However these are games made by actual teams of developers who have done this for years. Really hard to compete with that.

megaplayboy10k

Apr 16, 2018
In terms of moral complexity , a few come to mind. Dual Family is one of them. Any game that has you actually mulling over the right thing to do is an interesting change of pace.

anne O'nymous

Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
That said, you are still wrong about the mechanics [...]
Nobody, especially not me, said otherwise. Wouldn't have you felt the need to look smart ass because, for whatever reason, you saw sarcasm where there weren't, that you probably would have noted it.
Neither you nor anybody else (including me) is an infallible genius. So, next time, help save people time (I talk about the readers) and do like the majority of us ; don't take pride when someone say that you are wrong or you missed something.