Ren'Py - Mothers & Daughters [v0.5.1.0 Steam] [Spin256]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Spinxas

I really wanted to rate the game highly, but there is so many flaws in the design that forces my hand and I have to disagree with such current high rating of the game.
    Biggest flaw in the design - trying to take on too many things at once! Rather than focusing on couple of characters, their development and scenes, the developer decided to take on a ton of characters, complicated relationships and try to develop everything at once! The conditions and branches makes the game very slow to develop as seen after years of development we are still in teasing phase and do not have anything concrete.

The story and plot also falls short as things are rushed and seems we want to introduce some characters and get them out of the way as soon as possible, hence characters feel too gullible and not react to sexual jokes and passes made like any other person would to a stranger.

Game uses multiple mechanics to track progress, have gallery, have tasks, trophies etc. but the UX is so unfriendly that people get confused what "freeapp" is and why I cannot sleep to go to next day. This is just bad design decisions and cluttering the UX with so many choices that have no impact in the game and they are more like demos, rather than flushed out features.

Overall game has a lot of potential, but requires repolishing already created content to be playable, as new content would not save this game in my opinion.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

allanl9020142

I don't like being mean but I have to be honest. That was not good. Only redeeming qualities would be a few of the characters being attractive and it having some sandbox because I like sandbox VNs. It's not the worst grammar and spelling I've seen on this site but it's still pretty damn distracting.

- the writing is boring and mediocre so I immediately assumed we weren't here for a "compelling" story and just here for the fap
    - most of the characters look terrible
    - too many characters so it's not like there's any content anyway
    - broken English
    • It says "college" so I'm assuming the setting is supposed to be somewhere in America. Yet it's not just broken English, it's broken British-English. "Bloody, bloody, bloody. I've I've I've"
    • "hers" is already possessive. You don't need to write "her's"
    • Waaaay too many statements ending with question marks. You add question marks to the end of questions, not statements. Otherwise, it just sounds passive-aggressive and dumb. Making everyone sound like some dumbass teenager from California.
    • Can't get prepositions right either. "On reception", "foot in my crotch"
    If the renders and writing were better, I'd give it a higher score and probably even just proofread the script myself but it's not worth the trouble. I hadn't even seen any sex scenes yet and I'd suddenly reached the end of the current version.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

VikingPil0t

Great start to the game. Can't wait to see more. I really like all the different choices and I'm really looking forward to the game being more complete to see the reactions from the mothers/daughters. Keep it up and this could be one of the premier adult games.
  4. 2.00 star(s)

The_Ripper

Not sure how this is rated so high on average as I find everything in it below or well below what I would consider average for F95. Sorry Dev. your writing and especially your renders are not very good. Charcters seem to have been hit with an ugly stick. The story is just weak and uninteresting. Although I guess different strokes for different folks. Good luck.
  5. 2.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

Again, I find myself disagreeing with F95. This game was just fine, but not great as of right now. It's heavily focused on MILFS, and 'cest, two tropes that have been done to death. The writing is, at times, clever, but also riddled with typos, and the character designs are very uncanny, with even the supposedly young people looking very old in the face. Seriously, the MC looks to be about 45 and the other college kids seem to be in their early to mid-30s.

Another issue with the writing is that everyone is kinda' just insanely perverted and accepts wincest as a thing. Like, the (non) sister and (non) aunt openly wanna bang the MC from the get go, and it's like, doesn't that kinda' ruin the taboo of the whole thing?

I'm sorry, Dev. This just wasn't for me. I'm clearly in the minority, though. Best of luck!
  6. 5.00 star(s)

spk146

Honestly, this game has a lot of potential. You can choose the difficulty of the game, each LI´s has a particular affinity (some girls prefer you to be good, others not so much), and the renders are quite acceptable (except the MC when he was a boy. OMG, he's horrible).

I hope the developer succeeds with this game because it has the potential to be very good.

P.S. 1 - (Used Google Translate cause English isn´t my native language)

P.S. 2 - The old/mature women are amazing. Realistic, not some perfect dolls with gigantic boobs/asses
  7. 3.00 star(s)

Gray21

It has potential, but so far its quite short and there is practically no lewd content in the game, unless you count some panty shots and cleavege close ups as lewd content. Not really a fan of locking content behind stat points, and the game makes you choose between college classes and locations you can visit which limits the characters you can interact with. Kinda seems to go against the sandbox design the game seems to aim for. In order to see everything you will probably need multiple playthroughs, and i just dont have the patience for that. It honestly ruins the game a bit for me.
    There are a lot of characters, probably too many if all of them are planned to have content, but i like most of them, mostly the moms and immediate family members.
    The story seems pretty straightforward so far, nothing out of the ordinary, and the writing is also does its job.
    Im looking forward to see more, but so far its quite underwhelming.
  8. 5.00 star(s)

Deleted member 2986322

I just finished version 0.4.0 and I love the game. What I like the most is that there are many girls who are sexy of all ages and with completely different appearances.
    hen I like that the choices seem to matter here
  9. 5.00 star(s)

NightOwl71

Well, what can I say, it's just fun to play. All the lewdness around mothers and daughters, one hell of a fitting title, it has a very pleasant humorous, easy-going vibe that made me fall immediately for it.
  10. 5.00 star(s)

dustursa

Good game, the choices actually impact the story and there are many different choices making it a game i'll definitely need to replay. Good renders and pace.

- Good Renders
    - Decent story
    - Choices have an impace

Think the only con I can think of is it has no music which honestly isn't a big issue, The MC does look kinda odd, but i've seen stranger things lol
  11. 5.00 star(s)

r3dSk0rp10n

This is impressive. I must say i played from the start and i was dumbfounded by the level of detail and attention put into this game. If this could even be called a game at this level... No no no, just listen me out, i don't try to put down his work or insult what the dev did here, on the contrary, i am really in awe with what he put together as of 0.2.1 version. There is not a lot of sexual content (although the teasing is top notch!!!) but the dev constructed a well defined and very complex framework on which to build upon and i am very intrigued to see where this will lead to. The models are very well done, it's about milfs, who doesn't love milfs? and there is some whiff of NTR also, which is the cherry on top of the cake (before haters gonna hate, the NTR is avoidable so quit complaining and let people enjoy their lovely kinks) and also some mix of daughters in between, oh my, this is getting out of hand here! In the good way! But as i said, what impresses me the most is the web of intricacies and alternative routes and stats to take into account, which are all very well explained in the menu, with different levels of difficulty to please even the most masochistic of us. I am in love with what the dev did here, not for the content which i played now as of v0.2.1 but for the bases that he constructed on which to build upon for the future versions and the level of teasing he plays on us that is so godlike with a natural flowing, credible, not cheesy story backed up by intriguing mechanics, diverging routes and pure temptation of the models.
    Well played sir dev! I'm not a rich guy, on the contrary, i'm a working man, i must admit inever supported anyone on patreon, not because i wouldn't loved to, but because finances, although i offered many coffees and such as a one timer, but you sir... you need to be kept in the game, i know it's only the beggining for this adventure and i hope more will join me in offering you support on patreon and hopefully we'll see this jewel, this pearl in the making, taking shape and bring us lots of joys and good moments.
    Thank you for your work dev! Keep doing god's work!
  12. 5.00 star(s)

DyreMezza

Review of Ver 0.2

I like it alot.
    You meet alot of girls and moms...there is for sure something for everyone if you go by the looks or behavior.
    Visually all characters are looking solid to great,except the MC which imo does look bit to old. Maybe it should be like that or it might be revisited but its not a biggy.
    There is alot of replayibilty as it seems every choice you pick,has a consequence and affects next choices in context.
    You might want to revisit specific choices to see the outcome in the next scenes or choices presented later on.
    The fact that you cannot get both,the mom and the daughter(it seems every pro decision for the daughter is a con point for the mom), and you have to balance your decisions is imo a great idea.
    The game has already a great foundation.
    5* from me.
  13. 5.00 star(s)

BarbarrossaNA

An enjoyable romp.. looks like the women run the gauntlet of looks.. from hot to MILFy... lukewarm? But it is done purposefully.. every chick in every game doesn't have to be spectacular.. The writing and renders are pretty good.. Hey it's 5 AM here and I'm getting ready to sneak into bed and pretend I've been sleeping all night.. thank god I'm off today. Looking forward to more.
  14. 5.00 star(s)

Ceesko

Really nice game with considerable C&C that could lead to different scenes , making each play through unique. Nice flirty banter which is very erotic and will written. The game is setting up to be very promising, with lots of C&C.
  15. 4.00 star(s)

moose_puck

Very nice introduction. I give it 4 stars for now.

Pros:
    • Love the detail and slick UI. Most Ren'py games on here never vary from the stock menu. It's refreshing to see a Dev with some programming skills.
    • I really enjoy your character renders! They have , well... 'character'. Please don't be pressured by the vocal majority to dumb them down to cookie-cutter bimbos. Even the MC looks fine to me. Not every college freshman needs to look like he just graduating cub scouts. Too me, the MC looks like someone with Italian blood who was probably made to earn his allowance long before he turned 18.
    • I like how you can influence the story with detailed choices like picking your own classes. It will be fun to see how that works out. (I picked my two main courses based on how to get as many different female teachers - Humanities and Business gives you 5 btw, haha)
    • It's good that you added save naming. I think this game is going to be one we have to make lots of saves on, so we can pursue the different paths.
    • The Tutorial and Help system are very handy. I plan on playing Easy for now then restarting and doing Normal when more updates come out.
    • Trophies are interesting and fun
    • The whole developing a relationship with an online gamer is kinda unique. Nice how you incorporated that.

Cons:
    • The Event and Free-Roam are a little confusing. For example, when you get that main event choice of [Coopers House - Fitness Center - Mall] there's nothing to suggest that you can only go down one event path. I thought I did something wrong when I chose one of them, then ended up at the End of Game. I get it now that you really need to save those important choices, but some better text guidance might be helpful
    • Very little content so far, but that was explained by the Dev. Notes.

Suggestions for Content:
    • I'd love to see (in the "patched" version of course) some M/D/MC three-way action. Even better.. when M or D corrupts the other to get them involved.
    • Make a story fork that involves some online action. Maybe the MC meets a camgirl on his PC and then discovers that she's somebody's sister, daughter, schoolmate, what have you ...
    • Music would be a nice addition. Not sure if that was planned already as there are some sounds in game.
    • Break the Yoga cycle! Please God.. not another round of Daz3D Yoga poses with the same tired cliches! I'd settle for a room full of MILF's in ratty old nightgowns having a Tupperware party and getting drunk, lol.

Anyhow.. this one is going in my Watch folder. Look forward to your progress.