movies & tv codec/s missing

killzone12

Jul 4, 2017
i was going to listen to a video and when i tried to play it i get a error saying a codec/s are missing so anyone got this error and fixed it?

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
i was going to listen to a video and when i tried to play it i get a error saying a codec/s are missing so anyone got this error and fixed it?
See if your player has any option to download codecs it doesn't have, or try a different player. I use the large MPC pack for video and AIMP for music, they've had all the codecs I've ever needed.

Nekura

Dec 5, 2017
I recommend you download VLC player and CCCP (combined community codec pack) that's what I use and can't remember the last time I had an issue with codecs.

Porcus Dev

Engaged Member
Game Developer
Oct 12, 2017
Another option:

(includes the MPC-HC player)

With VLC and this you should be able to play any format.

TheBlueKnight

Discussion Dynamo
Respected User
Jr. Uploader
Oct 1, 2018
i dont think it does its the default video player that came with win 10
If it's WMP 11 look , but you'd probably be better off getting one (or more) of the other players mentioned above.

killzone12

Jul 4, 2017
where is this option at? On the Tools menu, click Options. i cant seem to find it when i search for it

bas

retired
Respected User
Donor
Former Staff
May 6, 2017
this is wmp which i havent used yet and heres the movies tv player
Download and install the k-lite codec pack. When it's installing you can install just the codecs without the other player if you want. Just pay attention the installation dialogues.

If you have the codecs correctly installed, most players will be able to use them, including WMP.

Reactions: TheBlueKnight

killzone12

Jul 4, 2017
there was a recent update to movies/tv player and it must of added the missing codec now i can watch my videos again