Fan Art Ms.Denvers Fan Art Thread

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes

redharvest1

Jun 7, 2019
Yea, I know. But what's wrong with these packages?
It's called a parasite morph... some vendors code their packages incorrectly causing the morph to be added as defaults when loading in another character. Best solution is to either find and delete the offending morph (including the Data files) or simply zero them under parameters and lock them at zero before saving the character.

Night Hacker

Forum Fanatic
Jul 3, 2021
Take a default Genesis 8 Female character, do nothing with her, but resave her as a scene or scene subset.

Then back up ALL FILES inside of "\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs".
Then delete them all (making certain you have your backup of them available, mine is on a separate drive).

Reload Daz3D up and load up your default G8F scene and take note of missing morphs it reports. They are most likely parasite morphs you can permanently remove. Any that are needed for other characters I will add back in from my backup as needed.

The following morphs are morphs I removed which were parasite morphs. I keep a list of them I can refer to in the future if I get an older character I load and it reports one of these missing, than I can resave the character without them.

Morphs to ignore and remove
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/zoro_d/Kitten/Genitalia/!Tight Vagina.dsf

Parasite Genesis 8 Male Morphs
...Alistair is REALLY bad! If you load in a new G8M, he will instantly get these morphs applied, so don't install him...
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Alistair/Alistair Body.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Alistair/Alistair Head.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Male/Morphs/PedroFurtadoArts/Alistair/Alistair.dsf

Last edited:

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
Take a default Genesis 8 Female character, do nothing with her, but resave her as a scene or scene subset.

Then back up ALL FILES inside of "\Documents\DAZ 3D\Studio\My Library\data\DAZ 3D\Genesis 8\Female\Morphs".
Then delete them all (making certain you have your backup of them available, mine is on a separate drive).

Reload Daz3D up and load up your default G8F scene and take note of missing morphs it reports. They are most likely parasite morphs you can permanently remove. Any that are needed for other characters I will add back in from my backup as needed.

The following morphs are morphs I removed which were parasite morphs. I keep a list of them I can refer to in the future if I get an older character I load and it reports one of these missing, than I can resave the character without them.

Morphs to ignore and remove
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/RFem/Ana B9/Analeine.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/Flex/xFLXCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/xenic101/Musculature/FlexAlt/xFLXAltCollarUpR.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Zev0/Breast Control/Nipples Size.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixLeft.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Marcius/Leia/LeiaEyeFixRight.dsf
/data/Daz 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/zoro_d/Kitten/Genitalia/!Tight Vagina.dsf
I have removed Zilpha from DAZ manager, but not completely.

Mark a shame this morphs
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Vex3DS/Zilpha/FBMVex3DSZilphaBody.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/Vex3DS/Zilpha/FHMVex3DSZilphaHead.dsf

and this one too
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/levie/HellGirl/HellGirl_Body.dsf
/data/DAZ 3D/Genesis 8/Female/Morphs/levie/HellGirl/HellGirl_Head.dsf

Last edited:

m4dsk1llz

Engaged Member
Feb 13, 2019
There is an easy way to do this without deleting anything. I have documented this multiple times on F95. It is a solution that I did not create but came from the DAZ forums.

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do the following;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Female" or "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load")
  2. Select the figure
  3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
  4. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
  5. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
  6. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

No uninstalling and it works, forever, unless you reinstall the parasite morphs over the top.

Lanxorn

Jun 13, 2019
There is an easy way to do this without deleting anything. I have documented this multiple times on F95. It is a solution that I did not create but came from the DAZ forums.

To fix any ill-behaving morphs, do the following;

1. Load your base figure or the developer version to an empty scene. ("Genesis 8 Basic Female" or "Genesis 8 Female Dev Load")
  2. Select the figure
  3. Select "Show Hidden properties" in the Parameters-Tab, drop down menu (right-click)
  4. Zero the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
  5. Memorize the figure (Found in Parameters-Tab, drop down menu)
  6. File->Save As->Support Asset->Save Modified Assets

This procedure will zero the default value in the ill-behaving morph/morphs, and while saving DS also shows you a list of the morphs it is changing.

No uninstalling and it works, forever, unless you reinstall the parasite morphs over the top.
Bookmark you message. Thank you!
I think such an experience with DAZ is also useful

5.00 star(s) 2 Votes