Wolf RPG WIP [MTL] Two Beasts or Not to Beast!! (Only MTL files)

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
[Quick guide to installing] (The Translated files are for v1.11 of the game found on the game thread)

I decided to Release v005.
There's still a decent amount to go though, and I might pass the text through Sugoi Translator again since I didn't have the latest version, or the correct parameters the first time (So some lines end up breaking due to repeating characters).

MTL Release v005 (5/14/2023):
Translated Most of the Map Interaction Events (Only Partially Translated)
Translated All of Anne's Album Descriptions
Name Translations are Working Partially (They do not show up in the Backlog)
Fixed a Handful of \i[001] that remained (Displays Heart icon If you see anymore \i[001] or \i[002] Please let me know)

Currently untranslated:
Other half of Map interactions (I have to look for where the text is getting pulled from)
The rest of the Album Descriptions
The character Introduction Screens
The cellphone chat room names are still untranslated, along with the 'lobby/channel'

Notes:
I noticed that the Album descriptions only load on click, I might look and see if it can be changed to load on hover instead.

I shrunk down the text by 20% so it fits a bit better, and reduced the name text by 10% to make it look a little bit cleaner.
Game_V4w0v5FRHv.png

---Instructions---
To use the MTL you will need to get the base game from the other thread. You will also need to download .
Extract all the wolf files using WolfDec, then move or delete the wolf files.
Then simply overwrite the contents of the Data folder with what's in the most recent Data [version].zip

Some sample images from v003 of the prologue:
Game_ixoPQIs2Dr.png
Game_DfJjVYTQpv.png

Last edited:

Haoss

Jul 28, 2020
Disappointing note (I had to revert back to v003-2): The character messagebox names are too difficult for me to translate.
The problem lies within the common events from wolfrpg, Unfortunately the scripts that load the standing images, rely on the names being untranslated. .
Yeah, I ran into the same problem when trying to translate it. Tried opening wolfRPGeditor with Japanese localization and that had a tiny better succes rate at changing things without breaking everything, but I couldn't pin down what caused it. Good progress on the phone chat though, that one was also hell to me...

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
Yeah, I ran into the same problem when trying to translate it. Tried opening wolfRPGeditor with Japanese localization and that had a tiny better succes rate at changing things without breaking everything, but I couldn't pin down what caused it. Good progress on the phone chat though, that one was also hell to me...
Ya, I think I was getting closer (It seems that the actual map events are setting up the character names. They get passed into function 416 or something like that, and from there it grabs the names of everything else). After that it uses function 300 something to 'create' the image path. It uses the database variable set by 416, as part of the string... Anyway It was frustrating me to no end so I am taking a break for a bit from it. Its not too bad, though. There are a handful of function calls that need to be translated related to the prompts when you do something, after that there's not much left to translate aside from a few of the map event calls.

Also there's an english version of wolfRPGeditor that I'm using and it seems to work fine, I have a list of MOST of the commonEvents translated as well (Uploaded in this post)

Reactions: OBJ-907

Foxxy4444

Jun 20, 2020
Ya, I think I was getting closer (It seems that the actual map events are setting up the character names. They get passed into function 416 or something like that, and from there it grabs the names of everything else). After that it uses function 300 something to 'create' the image path. It uses the database variable set by 416, as part of the string... Anyway It was frustrating me to no end so I am taking a break for a bit from it. Its not too bad, though. There are a handful of function calls that need to be translated related to the prompts when you do something, after that there's not much left to translate aside from a few of the map event calls.

Also there's an english version of wolfRPGeditor that I'm using and it seems to work fine, I have a list of MOST of the commonEvents translated as well (Uploaded in this post)
Would there be a way for you to explain step by step the process to install the MTL in the game? I've been trying for a while and I really have no idea what to do.
By the way, thanks for the MTL, it is appreciated.

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
Would there be a way for you to explain step by step the process to install the MTL in the game? I've been trying for a while and I really have no idea what to do.
By the way, thanks for the MTL, it is appreciated.
Step by Step Guide on how to install the MTL. Hope that it helps a bit!
  1. Grab the game over on the main thread
  2. Extract the game somewhere
  3. Download WolfDec from (v3.3 Works but older ones don't)
  4. Open your game folder (from step 2) and move WolfDec.exe (step 3) into the root
  5. Select all the .wolf files from the game folder and drag-drop them onto WolfDec.exe (This should create new folders inside 'data')
  6. After WolfDec.exe has finished processing all the .wolf files, you need to move or delete the .wolf files (If you don't move the wolf files then the game will default to using them instead of the data folder).
  7. Launch the game (If it still loads and you don't have the .wolf files then you have extracted everything properly)
  8. Finally download and extract my MTL into the Data folder, overwriting any files. (Current version as of guide is V003-2, v004 is broken do not use)
If someone wants to write a better guide I would appreciate it (as I have already done most of these steps so I dont have the original folder structure anymore and am not sure where the .wolf files were originally located in the game folder)

Last edited:

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
no worries turns out i had a previous version everything works as intended !
That's good, I might end up dropping finishing the MTL but its playable and there's only small pieces that are untranslated (most of them are inside the events rather then the scenario files).

If someone makes me a list of the 'maps' that have untranslated lines I should be able to fix them pretty quick.

Last edited:

hyperfreak666

Sep 28, 2019
That's good, I might end up dropping finishing the MTL but its playable and there's only small pieces that are untranslated (most of them are inside the events rather then the scenario files).

If someone makes me a list of the 'maps' that have untranslated lines I should be able to fix them pretty quick.
hey thanks a lot man anyway . the MTL is actually pretty competent not had to many spelling errors and any slight language error is easy to figure out yourself what they mean.

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
ya I really Love the sugoi translator backend (there's a server you can launch tucked away in its files then you just send it http post requests and it returns the translations after a few moments, theres even a cuda mod that makes it much faster)

The scenes are more or less done, but the game itself still has quite a bit of untranslated stuff.

Coolcatdog

Jul 8, 2021
I did everything right but I'm still getting the error about the missing the standing animations, any easy fix?

hyperfreak666

Sep 28, 2019
I did everything right but I'm still getting the error about the missing the standing animations, any easy fix?
i had the same issue happen to me but discovered it was because i had an old version of the game. make sure your game is the current version

jasonmbrown

Dec 19, 2017
i had the same issue happen to me but discovered it was because i had an old version of the game. make sure your game is the current version
The base game needs to be running version 1.11 with the DLC. I will be uploading the Fully patched version + MTL When I finish. The current version is just to get feedback and be notified of any issues.

You can grab the latest version in the Game Thread. Then apply the MTL files to it.

On a side note I just posted v005 of the MTL.

dgnb3hy3

Sep 4, 2023
Step by Step Guide on how to install the MTL. Hope that it helps a bit!
  1. Grab the game over on the main thread
  2. Extract the game somewhere
  3. Download WolfDec from (v3.3 Works but older ones don't)
  4. Open your game folder (from step 2) and move WolfDec.exe (step 3) into the root
  5. Select all the .wolf files from the game folder and drag-drop them onto WolfDec.exe (This should create new folders inside 'data')
  6. After WolfDec.exe has finished processing all the .wolf files, you need to move or delete the .wolf files (If you don't move the wolf files then the game will default to using them instead of the data folder).
  7. Launch the game (If it still loads and you don't have the .wolf files then you have extracted everything properly)
  8. Finally download and extract my MTL into the Data folder, overwriting any files. (Current version as of guide is V003-2, v004 is broken do not use)
If someone wants to write a better guide I would appreciate it (as I have already done most of these steps so I dont have the original folder structure anymore and am not sure where the .wolf files were originally located in the game folder)
So it's booting up but it's just saying file read error