Multiple games have save "Glitch"

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023
I am currently playing Over-Devil, I played it last night and after booting up my pc all my saves in game are gone, while the saves are still in the saves folder. This has now happened on three different games.

Penumbral Evanescence

|☽◯☾| Somnium of the Night ✧ Bête Noire
Donor
Jul 16, 2021
That is unusual. Perhaps (and this is just me thinking out loud), but during the boot-up process, there might have been something that went wrong during the boot order that impacted your Steam client's ability to read the save files from your games. Ergo, corrupt/broken save files perhaps...

Are those games from Steam Cloud enabled? You could temporarily play them on another device while you sort out the issues on your main PC workstation. Do you also have any autosave states that you could load from? Also, did you verify the integrity of the Steam game in case something might have gone awry there when initially booting up the game's EXE application...

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023
That is unusual. Perhaps (and this is just me thinking out loud), but during the boot-up process, there might have been something that went wrong during the boot order that impacted your Steam client's ability to read the save files from your games. Ergo, corrupt/broken save files perhaps...

Are those games from Steam Cloud enabled? You could temporarily play them on another device while you sort out the issues on your main PC workstation. Do you also have any autosave states that you could load from? Also, did you verify the integrity of the Steam game in case something might have gone awry there when initially booting up the game's EXE application...
Oh I do not use steam. I downloaded through f95zone, all of my games.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Oh I do not use steam. I downloaded through f95zone, all of my games.
Ah ok, never mind then.

In that case, try to raise this question in the Over Devil F95 thread and see what solution others have to suggest. It could very well be just a corrupted save file of some sort. If there is no way to restore your save files, have someone provide you with a save that end's at the moment where you had last left off in the game as a last resort.

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023
Ah ok, never mind then.

In that case, try to raise this question in the Over Devil F95 thread and see what solution others have to suggest. It could very well be just a corrupted save file of some sort. If there is no way to restore your save files, have someone provide you with a save that end's at the moment where you had last left off in the game as a last resort.
But not only Only Devil this has happened, but also 3 or 4 other games.

Penumbral Evanescence

Donor
Jul 16, 2021
Oh, I see. Well, that is quite troubling news to hear of then. :unsure: I can only imagine that your most recent PC bootup had something to do with your save files disappearing.

You may have already done so, but if not, just try deleting your copy of those games that you downloaded from F95 (and leave aside your save files) and then reinstall the games again. Then, start a new game in the freshly installed game, carry over the save files that you had left aside and overwrite them with the new game's save file. So like so:

A.) Delete the 3-4 games that are unable to read your save files despite the save file's already being stored in the save game folder.

B.) Install the games again and carry over your preexisting save files from the games that you had deleted previously

C.) Then do a restart of your comp to see if the save files are loading correctly. Hope that made sense. Let me know if this helps.

Glorified_ignorance

Mar 28, 2019
I am currently playing Over-Devil, I played it last night and after booting up my pc all my saves in game are gone, while the saves are still in the saves folder. This has now happened on three different games.
Did you tried more games? Also when did this started happening? Retrace your steps to figure out what might be causing this.
3-4 games in a row is not a coincidence, something is up.

Also this might not be related, but I have a hunch its related to Microsoft OneDrive.
So just in case do a research on that. If problem persists and if you are using such, try turning if off or changing settings.

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023
Oh, I see. Well, that is quite troubling news to hear of then. :unsure: I can only imagine that your most recent PC bootup had something to do with your save files disappearing.

You may have already done so, but if not, just try deleting your copy of those games that you downloaded from F95 (and leave aside your save files) and then reinstall the games again. Then, start a new game in the freshly installed game, carry over the save files that you had left aside and overwrite them with the new game's save file. So like so:

A.) Delete the 3-4 games that are unable to read your save files despite the save file's already being stored in the save game folder.

B.) Install the games again and carry over your preexisting save files from the games that you had deleted previously

C.) Then do a restart of your comp to see if the save files are loading correctly. Hope that made sense. Let me know if this helps.
Ok i will try that

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023
Did you tried more games? Also when did this started happening? Retrace your steps to figure out what might be causing this.
3-4 games in a row is not a coincidence, something is up.

Also this might not be related, but I have a hunch its related to Microsoft OneDrive.
So just in case do a research on that. If problem persists and if you are using such, try turning if off or changing settings.
i will check this out too thanks

anne O'nymous

I'm not grumpy, I'm just coded that way.
Modder
Respected User
Donor
Jun 10, 2017
Well, the first thing to do is to see what those games have in common.

That the files exists, but the games act as if they didn't exist is not a natural behavior. There's, obviously, something preventing the game to see them, but it's really rare to face a "you can write, but cannot read" situation ; generally when something goes wrong it's the opposite that happen.

wwa06212

Nov 22, 2023

Hey sorry for late reply, I was very busy with family matters. This method did not work for me :( Still the saves do not show when trying to load them, even after fresh install and pc restart.