multiple main characters

Notretsam

Game Developer
Nov 1, 2017
At present moment, I am thinking it is two separate novels I have and very likely to keep it separate, so will be 1 MC.

It's a bad idea as I personally think, unless you have multiple people to support you. when you use multiple protagonists, your effort is divided between them, it slows down the progress of the story of one character. Let's say if your game takes a year to complete? now it takes 2 years to complete, but if you felt like oh this needs a lot of effort, so you will probably end up using less content per protagonist, which lowers the quality of the game. I am not saying it's entirely bad if you can do it well, but I don't think most of patreon creators are able to pull off something like that. GTA V was successful, because rockstar has a big team.
Like you said, it can be done and bigger the team, more easier it be to do. I actually will be doing Novels myself and plan to have many updates ready to go before I ever release the first version, even a chance I have the full novel finished before 1st release, but this would be a separate discussion topic I probably post soon.