Must-have assets as a beginner?

jczs97

Feb 9, 2018
As the question says, if i wanna start practicing on Daz, what assets do i absolutely need or should start with? I tried using some i found interesting but kept getting errors because i didnt have base requirement assets and couldnt do anything.

Thanks!

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
For skin would say most , won't say it 100% great far from that, I've seen horror (hard baked shadow), but most of the time good base to start with. le roi, his/her 8k dual lobe roughness map jesus christ, take everything. Twice. Worth mentioning : (OOT buddy), , , , newcomer ...

jczs97

Feb 9, 2018
Thanks man
For skin would say most , won't say it 100% great far from that, I've seen horror (hard baked shadow), but most of the time good base to start with. le roi, his/her 8k dual lobe roughness map jesus christ, take everything. Twice. Worth mentioning : (OOT buddy), , , , newcomer ...
Thanks man! Ill get them

Deleted member 1121028

Dec 28, 2018
Thanks man

Thanks man! Ill get them

For skin I forgot , got some great ones. For Hair I go or generally. Stand based hair can have a correct density & shading but it's case by case. For environment, or are really great but very few assests (also quite heavy render wise). ones are great, generally a fair compromise in quality/rendering time. For HDRI, has great stuff especially his .

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Look at this thread at daz forum. I do not agree with all, but the list is very complete and most remarks and the discussion are interesting.

As the question says, if i wanna start practicing on Daz, what assets do i absolutely need or should start with? I tried using some i found interesting but kept getting errors because i didnt have base requirement assets and couldnt do anything.
Many chars are based on morphs of Victoria8 and Michael8. If you dont have them, this may explain your errors. Having these chars is strongly advised. Also if a char mentions a requirement in its name, say "Julia for Sorina 8", you will have errors and incorrect morphs on Julia if you do not have the base char (Sorina8).

For assets other than char, there is not really a "must have". But beware that some assets are just textures and cannot be used without the item they are texturing. This happens for many clothes and some environments. In general it is clearly stated in the asset description on daz3D.

Reactions: tdree and jczs97

jczs97

Feb 9, 2018
Look at this thread at daz forum. I do not agree with all, but the list is very complete and most remarks and the discussion are interesting.

Many chars are based on morphs of Victoria8 and Michael8. If you dont have them, this may explain your errors. Having these chars is strongly advised. Also if a char mentions a requirement in its name, say "Julia for Sorina 8", you will have errors and incorrect morphs on Julia if you do not have the base char (Sorina8).

For assets other than char, there is not really a "must have". But beware that some assets are just textures and cannot be used without the item they are texturing. This happens for many clothes and some environments. In general it is clearly stated in the asset description on daz3D.
Thanks! Yeah ive gotta check requirements, its just that when the error pops up it shows a file location thats missing and i cant really tell whats missing. But ill try to get those!

ErosOlympian

Game Developer
Nov 16, 2020
To get more out of your character with morphs be sure to check out . He is first person I hound when ever they release a new generation. He also a morph for clothes to make them look less "clingy" and with the right manipulation can make it look like your character are undress.

Madmanator99

May 1, 2018
If you can't tell, just post the part of your log file that lists the missing files, and we will help you. You can open your log file from the Help menu => Troubleshooting => View Log File, then scroll down. If you need help with reading that file, again let us know.