MV & Wolf game issues

DaBouncer

Jan 24, 2020
So a while ago, like maybe a month ago my system had a massive crash, which fucked up a whole bunch of things for me. I've been troubleshooting issues as they crop up, but one issue has alluded me since day 1, and google has provided me with no answers.

Every single MV and Wolf game that I have, regardless of language, fails to load properly. The window appears, but it's just a black box. Wolf games crash and give an error log when I click on the window, and MV games just hang forever.

The Wolf error: 【アクセスエラー】ファイルにアクセスできませんでした。 WindowsVistaの場合「管理者として実行」でゲームを起動することで問題が解消されます。MapChip/map_test.png--------------------
This error comes from Rignetta's Adventure, downloaded from F95. Running as an admin doesn't do a thing.

About three weeks ago, some MV games were able to load for a couple days, but ran at an incredibly low FPS. RJ272543 was one of the games that used to be able to load, and the standing cg had an interesting graphical glitch. The title screen and opening the menu made the FPS jump back up to 60, and this behaviour was generally true for every MV game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

As far as I'm aware, all of my drivers are updated to the latest version, and the same goes for my nVidia driver.
My sys specs are:
Windows 8.1 64-bit
i7-4700HQ CPU @ 2.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.4GHz
16GB RAM
GTX 850m
Direct X 11

I'm at my wits end here, since verything used to run perfectly fine. And yes, I have tried turning my computer off and on again, several times.