Ren'Py - My Cute Roommate 2 [v1.1.05280 Extra] [Astaros3D]

1. 2.00 star(s)

Ultralazuli

v1.1.05280 Extra version Review

Graphics: 3.8/5 // Girls are beautiful, look the part, and characters look unique. Designs are simple, but that makes them more believable. Clothes also fit well, though there's a distinct lack of bras. Not perfect though; environments are very functional, but not really enhanced or breathtaking. Lighting is decent, not amazing. The models are obviously the stars of the show.

Posing & Animations: 3/5 // Very middle of the road--some animations look decent enough, many are jilted one way or another, and some look either too long or unnatural, but most are at least tolerable. The body poses are decent and functional, but the face posing, especially for the MC, is god-awful. I realize its one of the hardest things to get right--a lot of preset face poses are quite....unnatural, or at worst, warp & contort faces--but it's still important, and elevates a game to another level of immersion.

UI(X): 2/5 // Not the best. UI seems functional, but ugly. Needs a lot of work. There are also some bugs associated with the UI, such as phone backgrounds not cropping to the phone itself. At least most elements are not intrusive to the experience. I think the map for local areas could be improved by making it a toggle dropdown menu (ala House In The Rift).

Design: 1.8/5 // (There will be some overlap with Story in this section) The game really falters on this point. The English is quite readable, so there's that, but the game lags to shit over time, and choices can end up taking up to 2 seconds to fully parse.

Having an effectively intentionally unwinnable fight at the very start of the game feels bad--not necessarily because of the fight itself, but because no matter the choice, the fight will happen, and doesn't really change anything afaict. Makes it feel like choices are irrelevant, which in turn makes a player wonder why this isn't just a kinetic novel in the first place.

Also, card battlers often create more problems than they solve. They require a whole huge list of cards, expansions, multiple additional mechanics, etc. It's often quite inefficient of the players time, and triple the inefficiency for the programmers time, for something that a thousand other devs have already done, and MASTERED.

The girls and characters are doled out at a reasonable pace, but some of them you can't really interact with in any tangible way for long periods of time. This, combined with some of the other minigames (most notably the Photography Club and Insta parody) makes it feel like whoever is developing this, is much more concerned about visuals than game design; it feels as though this is more of a series of vaguely connected DAZ3D renders, rather than a story being told.

The MC looks like he's 15 y.o., regardless of what his dick size is. I don't honestly know why devs do this. It makes any sexual encounters he has appear to be statutory assault. Also, while the horse dick has a thin, spiderweb-like excuse, on a meta level, no woman would be able to fully mount that thing. It even changes shape to contort to a vaginal size. It's offensively extra.

For some reason ,the MC's penis has a voice, and sounds like the fairy sidekick from Long Live The Princess, but male. Additionally, he has a built-in Disney smirk, which offends me to no end. He's not even as cool, funny, or useful as the Fairy, or Pixie from Corrupted Kingdoms, and you can't fuck your own dick. It makes zero sense, and adds literally nothing, only subtracting from the experience with unnecessary peanut gallery commentary.

A lot of time is spent on the internal thoughts of the girls, and I think a lot of that could be removed or trimmed to save player time.

I'm going to put this in design, because I'm not sure where else to put it. But there's an effect in the game that constantly zooms in and out on most of the scene renders, and it bugs the absolute hell out of me. I've seen that a lot of Unity and Unreal based VNs do this for some reason, but this is the first time I've seen it in a Ren'Py game (now that I think about it, this game has a LOT of Unity DNA in it, especially in the UI). It really bugs me in particular as I have issues with informational transmission between my eyes to my brain with certain effects, and the zoom in and out makes me nauseous. Nix it, or install an option to turn it off.

Story: 1.4/5 // This is the worst part. I'll first say what I like about the story, because everything else was garbage.

I liked that the game has an american travel to Russia (even though that's not a possibility now). I don't mind all the cyrillic, and it has an opportunity to show something new that some games don't approach. I like that there exists a serious subplot (The files), and I wish I had the desire to play more in order to see that unfurl--though it didn't appear to be very well executed. I like that there appears to be little limit as to what girls are bangable. There are some real beauties in this game.

And that's about it.

This game is dumb. It is offensively stupid in its writing, plot, and contrivances. And boy there are many contrivances.

The dick voice, the angry-for-no-reason mother figure, the horse-dick and its reasoning, the MC, the first dean you meet, vasya, how the MC's idea somehow fucking works (Laffer logic there, christ alive), how there's so many fights because basically "russian dudebro wants pussy", how it seems like every character other than the younger sister figure is dumb as a paper bag of bricks, the reasoning behind making the MC travel to Russia in order to make it easier to work on for the dev (why not just start there?), how the choices are only there if you want to break hearts, and the game could be entirely linear and not lose anything.....

I could go on and on. The talking Dick is probably the worst offender for me. It makes absolutely zero sense in any context and just exists to literally be as annoying as possible.

This is a very dumb game, and a lot of the story and design choices leave me wondering about a lot of things. But I can't really play anymore of this without being paid to do so. This game is aimed at cavemen.
  2. 1.00 star(s)

beta_is_in_use

latest update sucks why did he change the story like this alos the gallery dosnt work for me , and he barely added anything also the money making in this game is shit you keep getting locked out of the roullete if you saved before its so dumb
  3. 1.00 star(s)

asdfbliss

The game is in a buggy mess. It needs to be fixed. The game has some lovely models, but sadly, some are not being used at all, leaving a lot of wasted potential. This is an incomplete game it really feels like it. Some quests do not work, and there are many other things and some questionable mini-games that make the game more about grinding. Like getting money is a pain
  4. 3.00 star(s)

vivaloveyou

I never knew how to properly evaluate this game, because the pros and cons are very obvious.

Pros: good rendering, good looking models, excellent graphics, very smooth dynamics, very enjoyable to watch

Cons: very unfriendly sandbox, gameplay hints are not obvious, it's easy to get stuck, and there are a lot of bugs, mini-games are very annoying

My advice: turn the game into a visual novel mode, remove the mini-games, reduce most of the bugs, then the game can be five stars!
  5. 3.00 star(s)

ohwonders

The fighting mechanics (and all the other "minigames" for that matter) are just terrible, which seems to disappear later on in the game..?
    The dragged out "sandbox" gameplay is overall not enjoyable and is at times very unintuitive, I personally don't like the fact you are not able to skip through animations and some texts quickly early on, although this gets much better as game progresses and will hopefully be improved further down the line
    The more recent animations are stellar (early ones are.. not that great), most of the characters look amazing. The muscular chicks were done dirty, those can be improved by a lot. I don't mind sh*tas usually, this one however was a bit over the top - even for me
    Not a whole lot of content all things considered because the gameplay is mostly just clicking all over, which is main reason why I would not recommend jumping into this game now (if it was a VN, content would've lasted maybe 30-45 minutes)

TLDR: Hopefully the dev improves the gameplay down the line, it's the real killer for me personally (y)
  6. 2.00 star(s)

JackMiejov

Review for My Cute Roommate 2 v1.1.05280:

Summary: Again, broken saves and game-breaking bugs. My recommendation is that players should avoid playing this game until it's completed. Playing intermediate updates to this game is not a fun experience. Don't say you weren't warned.

Pros:
    • Good renders
    • Good animations
    • Excellent models
    • Better-than-average sandbox
    • A few lewd scenes are very erotic
    Cons:
    • No scene replay functionality.
    • Amount of content is really low for a game that's been in development for 3 years.
    • Over half of all major updates are so buggy that they're unplayable until a bugfix patch is released, and once a bugfix is released, players have to either replay the entire update or replay the entire game from the beginning.
    • Gameplay can be frustrating because sometimes there's no logic for the way things work, and that is compounded by the constant bugs that break the game's intended functionality.
  7. 1.00 star(s)

Miniwand

Pure crap.

The story is dumb and the game is unplayable.

There is a hint to help you progress but the hint tells you to do something you can't do and you quickly find yourself blocked in the game.

Do yourself a favor and don't play this game
  8. 3.00 star(s)

Pinesama

This is a decent offering that can "get the job done" but it has some design flaws which make it less than ideal and enough bugs to seriously hamper user enjoyment.

MC is another Max with a stupid dick. It's not stupid because it's comically large but because has proportions like a scaled-up pencil. If I must play as someone with an 18" cock that's been mutated into existence then give me a proper monster.

The females models have bimbo bodies and attractive faces. That works for me. There are some unflattering morphs and deformations here and there but overall I am pleased with their presentation.

The story is simple and I like that it doesn't waste my time with a bunch of boring writing and while I appreciate that the sexual encounters come easily, I feel that it could benefit from some repeatables or at least a replay gallery to fill the gaps while grinding for story progression.

There are a ton of animations which is nice but the game is scripted in a way that makes skipping ahead sort of clunky. The game also lacks the ability to rollback in many (though not all) instances. This leads to excessive save-scumming and detracts from my enjoyment. The game various mechanics are OK but don't add to the enjoyment, for me. The dev has thoughtfully included the ability to cheat/skip some of the minigames and I appreciate that.

The UI leaves a lot to be desired. It can be unclear what you are supposed to do and even though there is a task tracker and hints, I often found myself just kind of bumbling around until something happened because many of the tasks are prerequisites for other tasks without their dependencies being shown. Map navigation isn't the greatest but it's not terrible either. Generally, it's easy to figure out where to go for encounters and progression.

Lastly, the bugs. I started fresh with v1.0 Extra and the bugs range from small things like missing media errors to translation/localization issues, tasks not being completed properly (possible soft-lock) and outright crashing to desktop.

I give MCR2 a 3/5 because all the building blocks are there for a good time but it needs a lot of work.
  9. 4.00 star(s)

Mikototo

There is way too many bug, tatya stuck on the same scene again & again with photoshoot can't progress.
    Ring maid can't progress, tittygram completely empty.
    This is why i hate all those game with roaming & not in a VN type, some are really great but most of the time, way too often, they just full of issue if you don't follow a precise order & snoop around.
    Why make a open game if snooping around make it broken. . .
    Managed to get most of the bug out of the way doing quest one by one in the order they get themself at best but damn its so tedious
  10. 1.00 star(s)

KhaiFirst

Story: is spin off previous npc character, sting by bee mc dick 10X but mc brain is minus 100x and mc story is pathway to lame... and some how female got breast cancer..

Model: pamela anderson clone...

sound/music: is okay..

recommendation" game is not game you playing mc destine lost fight.. boring DICK try hard to be funny..
  11. 1.00 star(s)

The_Patriarch43

Before I go to the juicy part of this “game”, since it's a continuation form the previous one, I should warn your ass. First of: You DON'T play the same MC but the other dude who cucked you in the previous setting. However you also still get another NTR scenes with OTHER dudes im not kidding. Missing tag you ask ? Beats me. Last time I checked it was still there.

Anyway. If you had the misfortune to play the previous one you would see the similar characteristics of this game here too as nothing improved. Same dump plot, same dumb characters but with even more absurd scenarios. If I didn't know it better I would say some of them are only in the game because some of the patrons demanded them into the game.
    Same old boring grind with the annoying sandbox. But once again the Models are the only selling point here.

Recommend ? Hell nah! Download this only with the gallery unlocker and be done with it. You will thank me for saving you time.
  12. 2.00 star(s)

Legal1709

I need to write a review because I LOVE the first game and Girl House is good (besides of the ending) so as of version: 0.9 Extra:

I'll start with the good stuff that is the models of the girls and the animations, that's it, that's the only thing the game gets right.

The bad stuff: nonexistent story, a MONSTROUS DICK because of a bee sting (this cock is even worse than the one in Dreams of Desire), every girl wants to fuck the MC right after they see even a slightest hint of his dick, there's no foreplay nothing.

Basically the game itself sucks, I don't know how the creator managed to make a worse game than the first one but here we are, if this was 1/2 of the first game it would be acceptable but this sucks
  13. 2.00 star(s)

MaRk34Chr1s

My rating for My Cute Roommate 2

For me this game is really awful. It has no interesting story and the MC is a little pervert who wants to fuck every hot girl with his monster cock. And why does he have a monster penis? Because he was masturbating in front of the pc and a huge wasp stung him in his penis. Also, there are some fatal errors in this game. The translations are also not well translated. And the most annoying thing is that my monster cock talks to and wants to fuck everything that has an ass or breasts. And i think the MC is boring and uninteresting. The rendering looks good and the women and girls look good too.

I do not recommend it.
  14. 1.00 star(s)

The Wizard of Oz

The game has beautiful visuals, that’s all. No interesting gameplay, no interesting plot, the characters are primitive. But all these shortcomings are trivial, the main drawback-is bugs, the game is teeming with bugs! It’s impossible to play normally and enjoy the gameplay, it’s practically unplayable.
  15. 1.00 star(s)

RussianRedMan140

if you dont answer the intro right it locks you out of the game. you are blocked from doing anything until you clear the cache and fresh start. its ignorant and if you even paid moneyu it still blocks you no matter what. the stupid thing talking through the whole game is plenty bad enough
  16. 1.00 star(s)

s278a

Bugs, slow and bad translation.

Sorry to said, this game sucks. So many bugs who crashes the game for no reason.

Tried to play for one hour: Terrible.

Game loads slow.

The translation is not good or not there.
  17. 5.00 star(s)

Eduardo_olivares546

Great Game...one of the elite ones here! some silly issues with grammar and english but largely great, wish the grind was a little more rewarding with slightly more diverse animations but it's a great game nevertheless, hope for more from this publisher
  18. 1.00 star(s)

WadeWilsoon

No wonder the game got such low ratings. Tbh, I would give 3 or 4 stars only for renders but beside all bugs, that annoying, unending patreon intro of a talking dick nothing but triggers you at the very beginning.

A free advice: If you wanna write an easy going, poor sex story, make it the MC got a giant dick accidentaly. Plus, if you make almost all female characters sex addict, you won't think about events. Just MC's dick be accidentally exposed in most sensual moments. It's done.

A well deserved lonely star.
  19. 1.00 star(s)

Vulgi

Pro
    Models looking good
    Animations are ok

Negative
    Bugs .. many many bugs
    Minigames with no other purpose than stretch the playtime
    The "Dick" commentator
    Updates have barely more than 10 minutes of content
  20. 1.00 star(s)

Hans_

This game was deserving of its 2,5 stars until now where you get interrogated with questions before the game starts. It's all about getting support on Patreon. If you chose that you can't support or don't want to support, the game closes.
    When you open the game again you have to apologize before getting the same choices. I assume by promising to support the game you can play the game. I'd rather delete it.