My Daz Assets, Tutorials and other stuff

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Do you have tutorials on how to make realistic lighting so that genesis 3 and genesis 8 look realistic and good?
No, not really. I use HDRI's and one or two other light sources most of the time. There are some lighting tutorials from other people here in the forum though.

Reactions: ThaHellHound

ThaHellHound

May 6, 2020
No, not really. I use HDRI's and one or two other light sources most of the time. There are some lighting tutorials from other people here in the forum though.
I found one link on this forum and it explains the 3 point lighting setup very well.

Reactions: recreation

Cevvvo456

Feb 17, 2019
Hello, I want to ask some questions about Daz and making a game.
First of all, I have an AMD GPU and it seems I cannot use iray what do you recommend for the renders?
Secondly, I don't know anything about Daz and it's models. Can I download models from f95 and use it on my game?

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Hello, I want to ask some questions about Daz and making a game.
First of all, I have an AMD GPU and it seems I cannot use iray what do you recommend for the renders?
Secondly, I don't know anything about Daz and it's models. Can I download models from f95 and use it on my game?
You'd only be able to render iray with cpu which can take a loooooot of time, so maybe have a look at Honey Select, HS2, AI and the likes (all of them available here in the forum).

Reactions: Cevvvo456

Cevvvo456

Feb 17, 2019
You'd only be able to render iray with cpu which can take a loooooot of time, so maybe have a look at Honey Select, HS2, AI and the likes (all of them available here in the forum).
Thanks but I want to make my games realistic as possible guess firstly I have to buy myself a Nvidia GPU.

Rich

Old Fart
Modder
Donor
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 25, 2017
Thanks but I want to make my games realistic as possible guess firstly I have to buy myself a Nvidia GPU.
Ya, that's probably your path, then. As you've probably guessed, realistic-looking skin is a definite challenge from a 3D rendering point of view. Part of the reason is that skin isn't opaque - there is a translucent aspect to it. Without factoring that in, renders tend to look, well, "plastic." iRay supports Sub-Surface Scattering (SSS), which creates this effect pretty well, but it's computationally intensive, which is why you need a GPU to get any kind of reasonable performance on it. That's not the only aspect to realistic-looking skin, but it's one of the big ones that has helped the G8 and later G3 characters look much more realistic than their predecessors.

Also, iRay tries (to the extent possible) to model light the way that light really works. This leads to more realistic-looking surface highlights, reflections, shadows, etc. But, again, lotsa number crunching. Earlier renderers couldn't afford this computationally, so they employed "tricks" to approximate the behavior of light, rather than trying to really model it. Sometimes extremely effective tricks, mind you, but there were always cases where the trick didn't really work well, because it wasn't the use case the trick was optimized for.

So, yes, if your goal is to be as realistic as possible, then you're going to have to invest in the hardware required.

Cevvvo456

Feb 17, 2019
Ya, that's probably your path, then. As you've probably guessed, realistic-looking skin is a definite challenge from a 3D rendering point of view. Part of the reason is that skin isn't opaque - there is a translucent aspect to it. Without factoring that in, renders tend to look, well, "plastic." iRay supports Sub-Surface Scattering (SSS), which creates this effect pretty well, but it's computationally intensive, which is why you need a GPU to get any kind of reasonable performance on it. That's not the only aspect to realistic-looking skin, but it's one of the big ones that has helped the G8 and later G3 characters look much more realistic than their predecessors.

Also, iRay tries (to the extent possible) to model light the way that light really works. This leads to more realistic-looking surface highlights, reflections, shadows, etc. But, again, lotsa number crunching. Earlier renderers couldn't afford this computationally, so they employed "tricks" to approximate the behavior of light, rather than trying to really model it. Sometimes extremely effective tricks, mind you, but there were always cases where the trick didn't really work well, because it wasn't the use case the trick was optimized for.

So, yes, if your goal is to be as realistic as possible, then you're going to have to invest in the hardware required.
Thanks for this informations. Right now I have an AMD RX 580 8 GB graphics card and I am going to sell it and buy myself a gtx 1660 ti I know it is not a top tier card but I hope it will get some job done.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Thanks for this informations. Right now I have an AMD RX 580 8 GB graphics card and I am going to sell it and buy myself a gtx 1660 ti I know it is not a top tier card but I hope it will get some job done.
That should be enough for some good renders, but be aware that rendering takes time, and I'm talking about hours per render here.

Cevvvo456

Feb 17, 2019
That should be enough for some good renders, but be aware that rendering takes time, and I'm talking about hours per render here.
I know and I will not rush anything I want to make a good start with my game I got a lot of free time. But I think I try some honey select game for my first try because right now I am pretty much an amateur on everything and I think making a game on honey select will make me better on possible projects but I don't know how to make scenes or animations on honey select do you know any good tutorials for me to get started by any chance? (And thanks for all the messages and I must say I really love your games <3)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
I know and I will not rush anything I want to make a good start with my game I got a lot of free time. But I think I try some honey select game for my first try because right now I am pretty much an amateur on everything and I think making a game on honey select will make me better on possible projects but I don't know how to make scenes or animations on honey select do you know any good tutorials for me to get started by any chance? (And thanks for all the messages and I must say I really love your games <3)
Thanks but I sadly don't know any HS tutorials, I'd probably get one of the repacks where mods are included, most of the stuff is relatively self explanatory.

Reactions: Cevvvo456

Jestur

Nipples Dev
Donor
Game Developer
Nov 10, 2018
Lots of good information here!

I was originally planning to make the VN I'm working on now in Daz3d but my PC was too potato at the time I started it. Plus my GPU didn't have enough VRAM to comfortably makes certain scenes. So I switched to HS. I recently bought a brand new PC and been playing around with Daz again. Still fun to mess around create some nice renders.

Thanks for taking the time to put all this information together! (y)

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Added "pussylimits" which is a material preset that deactivates almost all limits in a shader.

recreation

pure evil!
Respected User
Game Developer
Jun 10, 2018
Do those instructions work the same for gf8,? I tried them once ages ago and couldn't get them to work.
Do you mean for the "lifelike nipple graft for g8f"? They should work similar iirc.

5.00 star(s) 1 Vote