Mod Ren'Py My Dorm Multi-Mod [v0.12 + Part 2 fixes][RiamMar]

halil123

May 23, 2017
Do we still need the latest bugfix or is MyDorm-MultiMod-Complete-v0.10B enough by itself?

RiamMar

One Hand Clapping, Heart of the Keyforge
Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
So what do I do I am completely confused? I downloaded the complete full windows game compressed latest version but what should I download then in order?
Best case, it just works.

If you get a error message on grey screen: Download the file "MyDorm-v0.10B.2-bugfix" and it should work.
It's only one file that needs to be replaced in the game folder.

If you get a red message about missing images in the top left: Download the file "MyDorm-v0.10A+B-images+bugfix"
That's all the images of the current v0.10. Same as the bug fix, merge/replace the content of the game folder.

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Do we still need the latest bugfix or is MyDorm-MultiMod-Complete-v0.10B enough by itself?
If you downloaded MyDorm-MultiMod-Complete-v0.10B today, it has the bugfix already in it.

do I need to download the mega zip and the one of the links under it?
If you already downloaded the game from the OP, just download either the MultiMod or the small Bugfix and you should be fine.

RockN'Stomper

Oct 15, 2018
TY for MOD, Good work. That was the most confusing set of Files ever for a multi-mod project. I understand why its not always easy to continue/fix a mod after bugs

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
TY for MOD, Good work. That was the most confusing set of Files ever for a multi-mod project. I understand why its not always easy to continue/fix a mod after bugs
Thank you for your kind words.
This shouldn't be the norm.
I will continue to try to only have the "one file download" policy for all my mods in the future.

This update was just a bit weird, because we had someone miss images from the game, so I went a bit overboard and provided all I have and can, since I knew that Trope wasn't available at the time.

Reactions: Elhemeer

randomguy6516265165

Conversation Conqueror
Jun 21, 2018
sry for asking but this mod doesnt highlight choices right? cause it says that the wt is on but cant see anything yet at the begining

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
sry for asking but this mod doesnt highlight choices right? cause it says that the wt is on but cant see anything yet at the begining
The WT is from the game. Not all choices have info added though.
One of the first choices is the "Movie Night with Martha" scene.

• Red Heart
Reactions: randomguy6516265165

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Thank you for the mod, is there a gallery mod planned at all?
Yes, there is. It will probably be within the first 2 updates of Part 2, since I'm concentrating on save export/import between them and the biographies of the girls.
When that is done, I plan to do a "recode" as in "remaster" of Part 1 and add a gallery there as well.

Reactions: Flynn95

WhY NoT?!

Sep 2, 2019
I updated the release mode to update only and forgot to update the installation instructions.
The "empty modules folder" suggests, that you only have the mod update downloaded.

You will need the game version v0.8.1 or later and should use the v0.10A mod + update to v0.10B.
Beginning with v0.8.1 later mods should be backwards compatible down to v.0.8.1. So you shouldn't have a problem running the v.0.10B mod in v0.10A. Just don't read the code files to avoid spoilers :D

If you bump into an error can you post a screenshot or your traceback.txt?

Yes, thanks Elhemeer and TropecitaGames!

A moment ago, I updated the installation guide in the OP but will also post it here:

For a new installation do the following:

Uninstall all previous modules or mod folders in Path/to/MyDorm/game.
  1. Go to one of the links provided
    • It should look like this:
      MyDorm-Install-A.jpg
  2. Go to 00 - last full mod release
    • It should look like this
      MyDorm-Install-B.jpg
  3. Download the package you want
    • Core+Family only has the toggle for incest or
    • Core+Decision only has the renaming, choices and relationship points or
    • Complete has both modules
  4. Extract archive and paste the content in your game folder
    • overwrite if asked to
  5. For the Core+Decision and Complete
    1. Go back to the folder shown in step 1
    2. Download Update-to-v0.XX
  6. Optional, but recommended if you have the original patch installed
    • If original patch is applied, the nicest toggle might not turn of the patch correctly. If you don't need the patch to turn off, you don't really need to do this.
    • Unpatch patch.rpy with the version
      MyDorm-Install-C.jpg
    • Replace the patch.rpy in the Path/To/MyDorm/game folder

Confusing as fuck... sorry bro, I don't want to sound like an ass and look like I don't appreciate your work but really, why do you need to leave it like this... 2, 3, 5 different versions of the mod? Can't you merge all these mod versions into one? Don't get me wrong, but it's really confusing when you wanna download the mod and see what's there. I felt like I was put in front of an exam in high school and I was coming to school after a night out. LOL
Just a friendly piece of advice, merge them all into one, and don't keep around all the junk.

Reactions: RiamMar and Belly97

RiamMar

Modder
Game Developer
Sep 15, 2017
Confusing as fuck... sorry bro, I don't want to sound like an ass and look like I don't appreciate your work but really, why do you need to leave it like this... 2, 3, 5 different versions of the mod? Can't you merge all these mod versions into one? Don't get me wrong, but it's really confusing when you wanna download the mod and see what's there. I felt like I was put in front of an exam in high school and I was coming to school after a night out. LOL
Just a friendly piece of advice, merge them all into one, and don't keep around all the junk.
Thanks for reading at least part of the thread, but the post you're referencing is outdated. Earlier this week I already stated, that it's a one file download again. And you only have to do that, if you want the incest patch as well, since the mod is prebundled with the game.

Please see the OP for the highlighted direct download link or click here:

Cheers! :)

P.S.: The three different versions per update was an early thing, where I wanted to give download choices for players who don't even want the option to turn special relationships on, if you know what I mean.

Reactions: WhY NoT?!

Sasarko99

Jun 13, 2018
I'm also confused so I will just download the mod and if that doesn't work then I will apply the bugfix, if you had a bugged version why not replace it with the fixed one instead of having two download links, if this is a bug fix only for people who get an error, why not place it beneath the regular download links while stating so? because the way the thread is laid out the bugfix looks like it's more important that the mod file itself.