RPGM - Abandoned - My Dress-Up Loser [0.4 Alpha] [Ero-Moses]

1. 5.00 star(s)

IgnisZack

0.4 Alpha Review

This game has a very simple minigame.It requires a minimum of 3 braincells to understand,if yours is 1 or 2 less than that it will appear to be bizarre and nonsensical,meaning some of you are pretty much fucked.The developer leaves it all up to the player to discover that the measuring bar is essentially a version of red light green light and that holding down a single key while releasing at the obviously red danger zone will keep you safe.Very unintuitive.Theres even a risk reward factor that when Marin switches position the bar might change direction as well so its up to the player to decide of they want to take the risk to level up as fast as possible or risk hitting the red zone.Giving me options that make me use my brain even slightly is something I dislike.Its also unforgivable that this test version isn't the entire game,must be a bug.The Dev seems to have plans that involve Winning or losing the minigame that will also give the player skill points to make the measuring minigame itself easier along with lewd points to spend on actions like Summer Memories and depending on how you do it,it may make you more submissive or Marin more dominant.Again depth,options and the potential of replayability may stress those of you with the affliction first mentioned above that also prevents you from reading threads properly.Youll get a game over screen at after the 7th day because as the dev mentioned this apparently a test alpha version,must definitely be a bug.

Overall:
    Dev - 0/5 - unhelpful.Let me beta test his game and let me saw him fix bugs in real time,he's also responding constantly on discord,itchio and f95.

Artstyle - 5/5 - Made my tower erect

Gameplay - 0/5 - its simplicity is fun for me,but only because I have 3 braincells.
    I'm out pimps

(Can we please get a dislike button for reviews?)
  2. 2.00 star(s)

pmoggy

This game has a very bizzare minigame, which is nonsensical and full of gamebreaking bugs. There is no real explanation of how to do it, and it is all guesswork. Beyond that, the dev is extremely unfriendly when asked for the barest of tutorials. The only responses are silence or a reply that doesn't address the core issues at all.
    The minigame is infuriating, the bugs make it impossible to play after a certain point. Beyond the lack of explanation of the rules of the minigame, it barely works. The goal of it makes zero sense, and is not explained at any point in the game.
    After several days of seeing a scene of the MC pissing himself I made it to the 7th day, and eventually got to the 3rd stage. When I finished the 3rd stage the game stopped letting me play the minigame. I figured I just played it wrong, so I tried several times. The game will not allowed me to progress past the 3rd part of measuring the head[?]. After the 7th day had ended, you get a game over screen and clicking it to start over takes you to an error screen.

The single saving grace of this game is that the art style is cute. That's it. The dev is unhelpful, the mechanics are broken, there is no way to adjust for difficulty(and the dev has decided to make the minigame harder?) and it's overall a bad game.

I took the dive due to the amount of people who say this game has potential. Maybe it does, but I am unwilling to waste my time on this game again.

Overall:
    Dev - 0/5 - unhelpful.
    Art style - 4/5 - honestly super cute, and could very well make this a great game.
    Gameplay- 0/5 - poor and nonsensical.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

xetty

Thank you for upload, very interesting project. I love this kind of artstyle, there is hardwork involved and it looks great(and I believe that it will get better) Love the minigames and the whole idea and hope this game will get finished, there is potential. Waiting for the next content! Keep it going man! :)
  4. 4.00 star(s)

thexsision

so after playing through the game I enjoyed it still it may be bare bones but it works nicely as a proof of concept. Gameplay wise it is a bit confusing, since it just kind of throws you into the game. Still I believe that most of the problems will be solved by adding more content. I wish you luck developer
  5. 5.00 star(s)

Richday

Awesome concept! Really visually reminiscent of Summer Memories. Well integrated mini-game, does not break the logic of the story. Looking forward to the full release of the game! Please keep making the game and you will have fans!
  6. 4.00 star(s)

Gazamar

Review for version 0.1:
    I really like the idea, the gameplay is different and interesting and the animations are of a really good size (compared to the inspiration).
    I look foward to see it evolve and already have some ideas in mind:
    1 - The rolling menu is good in-game for saving space, but for the main menu having a regular menu would be better.
    2 - IF she is the only girl we will have access to, being able to change body type, hair style/color and outfit would be great.
    3 - An option to re-map the keys would also be helpful.
    And that's pretty much it, great concept.