3D-Daz My first custom morph using Blender

QuietLion1973

Oct 18, 2019
I'm new to Daz but fairly familiar with Blender, so I wanted to test out my technical skills.

I found some old pics of someone I knew years ago, and decided to model a character after her. Thing is, she had a very narrow face, way more than Daz can do internally without severe distortion (at least I haven't seen a morph like that yet). So I brought a Gen8 model into Blender and adjusted the shape of her head. It doesn't quite look like my old friend, but I think it looks pretty good. I'm thinking of refining it and releasing it as a downloadable morph. I might still do a custom UV with a few tattoos.

I call her Harlee. She's 5'4" (162cm) and wild as hell.

I know these poses and renders are a long way from perfect, with some hovering and some clipping. I'm mostly just focusing on creating the character at the moment.

Thoughts?

harleedancer01.jpg

harleedancer02.jpg

harleedancer03.jpg

harleedancer04.jpg

harleedancer05.jpg

Last edited:

Saki_Sliz

May 3, 2018
hey that's pretty great! certainly helps with making more unique characters.

Apr 21, 2022
I'm new to Daz but fairly familiar with Blender, so I wanted to test out my technical skills.

I found some old pics of someone I knew years ago, and decided to model a character after her. Thing is, she had a very narrow face, way more than Daz can do internally without severe distortion (at least I haven't seen a morph like that yet). So I brought a Gen8 model into Blender and adjusted the shape of her head. It doesn't quite look like my old friend, but I think it looks pretty good. I'm thinking of refining it and releasing it as a downloadable morph. I might still do a custom UV with a few tattoos.

I call her Harlee. She's 5'4" (162cm) and wild as hell.

I know these poses and renders are a long way from perfect, with some hovering and some clipping. I'm mostly just focusing on creating the character at the moment.

Thoughts?

View attachment 656869

View attachment 656870

View attachment 656871

View attachment 656872

View attachment 656873
The head shape really emphasizes the character's personality in these renders, that's for sure. Kinda reminds me of Lisa Kudrow.
Can we see a T-pose side by side with the base model and the same skin so we can more clearly understand the differences?