My first few questions of many... (new game developer)

i11uminati Productions

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Anyone know why a video is playing before images in a scene? I have 10 images and a video in the scene. I want the video to play after image 6 and that's where it is in my code. But it plays after the first image. Confusing. I am using the show command for everything.

mickydoo

Fudged it again.
Game Developer
Jan 5, 2018
You need to type pause after each image or renpy will fly over them.

pause will make it so the user has to click to go to the next image.

pause 0.5 will pause for half a second then show the next image (0.5 can be any time limit you want).

i11uminati Productions

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Unfortunately the pauses didn't help. The pauses kept the order the same and just made everything have to click twice. It was already showing the other images but it just had them after the video.
I can't figure out why renpy wants to show the video earlier than it should be running...

osanaiko

Engaged Member
Modder
Jul 4, 2017
Unfortunately the pauses didn't help. The pauses kept the order the same and just made everything have to click twice. It was already showing the other images but it just had them after the video.
I can't figure out why renpy wants to show the video earlier than it should be running...
If you isolate the part of your script that is causing the problem (and include the relevant assets) and provide a download (don't compile it to RPA) i'll take a look.

i11uminati Productions

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Also once I've finished hiking a skirt and a few other things I'm going to be ready to post a first release. Can anyone explain the process to do that?

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
If your image is on a plane, for instance projected on a screen or printed on a sheet of paper, you can use it as the texture of your plane. Just select the plane and go to the surface tab to add the image in the 'base color'.

i11uminati Productions

Game Developer
Jan 29, 2020
Thank you that worked perfectly. However, the image comes out slightly washed out. Any idea what could cause that?

Last edited:

amster22

Nov 13, 2019
Difficult to say precisely, but the incident light will be partly reflected by your surface that may give this washed out impression. Try to reduce the glossy reflectivity and other similar parameters of your surface.