VN - Ren'Py - Completed - My Furry Detective [Final] [Dirty Fox Games]

1. 1.00 star(s)

megs

Review for My Furry Detective – Final version

To be honest with you, I didn’t finish the game, as I saw no reason to keep wasting my time.
    I played for about 1 hour before this review. I got to the third day and stopped.

Story: 2/5 – You are a rookie in a small town police department. You are partnered up with the only detective in town, who is looking for her missing sister. The characters are vary shallow and the story is plain and sometimes childish. I may have put a 3 rating to the story if the English was better, but although not very bad as in some of the other games here, the lack of “nativeness” leaves a strange feeling. Now consider that the story is the strong element of this “game”. There are also no choices, a completely linear plot.

Graphics: 0/5 – The art is …. not there. I played for an hour, and besides the endless lines of text, I got a total of 10 different backgrounds, all of them blurred by the artist, and the sprite of only one person, the “furry detective”, in a grand total of 8-9 different renders, including those in the sex scenes.

Characters: 1/5 – All of the characters are very childish and undeveloped, with exception of the “furry detective”. She is only childish.

Excitement: 0/5 – The sex scenes are just not there, there is nothing exiting about them. I went through 2, one at the second night at the hotel and one in the third morning at the police chief’s desk.

Overall: 1/5 – The “game” has nothing to offer besides a bad linear story, with no choices. Plenty of text with no excitement or suspense. Waste you time on something else.
  2. 4.00 star(s)

Roninsoul7

A good story and I can't wait for a continuation. This shows a good degree of thought, and the way it's setup for a whole new set of stories or even a series is wonderful.
    The characters are thought out well, though a little silly at times, it is heartwarming.