My future game: Help, advice and opinion [WIP]

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
did another test with the light
Weird thing, it wasn't that bright before i render it. I will remember it next time.
And i still have problem with the background who doesn't appear correctly (it's suppose to show some buildings in the background)

Here is a screenshot of what should appear in the background in another scene (not a render, i don't have time for that tonight)

Don't know why it works here and not in the other scene, i did the exact same thing.

It has been only two weeks since i started working with Daz, i still have a lot to learn and to improve. But i still hope releasing the first update of my game in May.

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Hello,
Today i wanted to start doing some renders for my game. But i kinda got distracted when i started playing with the light options.
here is the first image of the game
I did this with in the "sun sky only" environment mode. But i wanted to see if i could get the same result with the "Dome and Scene" environment mode. And by just adding a distant light, i got this:
(it's supposed to be early in the morning in this scene, 6 or 7 am)

Now i'm facing a little problem, wich is that i forgot to buy a male character model, i used all the money that i have put aside for my game in women character models and scenes. But i found one sold on the daz shop, he was on sale for only 3$.

Sadly after buying him and tried putting him in a scene i discovered that he doesn't look that good and he is small (around 170 cm i think, there is no info on that on the shop page), i can't use him as the main character. So i will have to wait for the next pay check before buying a good male character model (probabely Michael 7).

It's kinda frustrating to use the same character model that most of the other game use, but since he's not the focus of the game, i can still make it up by using female character models that look great and completely different from what we see usually in other games.

To conclude today's (long) post, i will just say that i never imagined that i will grow addicted to Daz3D. For real, i can't even play games anymore. I bought Final Fantasy XV a few days ago, but whenever i start the game, i'm quickly bored and go back to Daz3D.

Thank you.

Reactions: GuyFreely

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
(NSFW)

Hi.
Today i have looked to a fuck lot of genitals XD :OhMyGoodness:

I downloaded from here

Genitals for man and woman. I wanted to see how it works and how it looks before buying them.

But i have a problem putting the Golden Palace genitals on a G3 female.
Here is what i got first:

I have this message when i click on Default G3F, but it works when i click on Victoria 7.

After that, i got this:
I got rid of this by hiding/deleting "Golden_PalaceShell".

But now i have an other problem. The original model Genitals overlap the one from Golden Palace.
So obviously, i hide the original genitals. But now i face again an other problem.
Look:

I don't know why it doesn't work correctly. I didn't had any problem (yet) with male genitals, but here it doesn't seem to work fine.
I downloaded, "Golden Palace For G8F" and "Golden Palace For G3F with GP G8F". Is it the good ones ? Because if i understood well enough, i need them both to make it works on G3 female.
Do you know how to make it works properly ?

Thank you.

(And only because it's bugging me, it's not because i don't reply directly to you that i don't read what you're writing, i take your advices into account and try to improve myself)

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
Two things today.
First, i solved my problem with the genitals from the previous post.

Secondly, This week i started to rewrite entirely the intro. Not because it was bad, but because i felt there was something missing. So now i written like 3/4 of the Intro and we are around 4000 words already. I still have 2 or 3 scenes to write, so it will be way more than 4000 words for the first release. And i just talking about the "true route", i haven't yet implemented choices for the story and the texts that will come with it.
Thanks to that (the rewriting). Now i know how my game will look like. It'll look more like a kinetic novel, and at a certain moment in the story you will have to make a decision, and choose whith whom you want to deepen your relation and follow her story until the end.
Well ... there will be a few choices, but they won't change the story, you will just have different scenes and dialogues. (nothing is set, so it can still change)

To Conclude, here is the second female character in the game.
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.
(Her hair and outfit will be different in the game, i just put on her what i already had in Daz3d.)

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
I did two render in first person view to see what it'll looks like.

What do you think of it ?
I want to make my game in first person view only, but i don't want to end up having weird camera angles.

And just because i posted it somewhere else

Last edited:

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Hi,
Do someone knows how to remove genitals hair ?
I bought a character on Dazshop, she looks good and i definitely want to use her as a character, but her genitals are really hairy and i want to modify it, but i can't figure how to do it.

I don't know what your tastes are, but thats definitely too much for me.

I tried to remove it with the mod skin maker, but the only way to remove this, is to rebuild entirely the skin of the character, which i don't want to do.

How can i remove it to make it less hairy?
Thanks.

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
Often Genital hair is located under the genital or under genesis lower down the tree:
Screenshot_1.jpg Screenshot_2.jpg

Just go to your pose and animate tab and select the pubic hair.

If this doesn't work or its not there the there is a good possibility the hair is in the texture, this means you need a different skin texture.
Original Texture:
Charlize original skin.png

Different Skin texture:

Charlize other skin.png
These are the only posibilities (that i know of)

NoesisAndNoema

Game Developer
Oct 3, 2017
A couple of things...

1: Great scene compositions... You will do fine there. Less can be more. Easy to do with first-person perspective.

2: Admit to nothing... For all the world knows, it is a friend doing renders for you.

3: If you stay vanilla, and sex is just a small component of the story, it is almost safe to post anywhere. As long as the models clearly look 18+ and you don't breach any kind of "incest" paths. (You can even post it on the RenPy forums and the library there. Though, they tend to only like "completed games" in the library.)

4: Genesis 3 models (Which are Generation 7 characters), may render a little faster. They also have the greatest majority of "decent" supporting assets, available. Genesis 8 (Which is actually Genesis 3 with eyelash tweaks, dubbed as Generation 8 characters), have a LOT less "fitting" assets. Though, most are close and being converted to the, um... deformed Gen3 models, dubbed as Gen8. (Another cluster-fuck idea from Daz3D.)

5: Pubes on skins... That is a shot in the dark. Daz doesn't allow previews of genitals in the store, so you honestly have no clue what you are getting, until you get it. They couldn't be any more unprofessional about it. Professionals don't resort to "if it's safe for kindergarten, then it's safe to preview". You can do some manual touch-up photoshop work, or poke around until you find a skin without built-in pubes painted on the skin. (Kindly, most NEW creators are not adding pubes to the skin itself. Now they need to remove eyebrows and makeup, and the greater majority of the professional world will start taking those models seriously into consideration.)

6: TLDR stories are great for TLDR readers. You can use a little trick in RenPy, to shorten TLDR text, by simply adding a "Choice" to "pry deeper". Feed them the critical things first, and create levels of extra content for the TLDR story readers. You can also give them a special bonus, for reaching the ends of the TLDR context... As long as it doesn't ruin the actual story-line.

7: Be sure to make it clear as day, that the story is about to branch-out into a non-returnable fork. Even if you have to throw a narrative just before a major choice. No-one like to select "have coffee with Diana", or "have lunch with Sue", and have that hidden choice end-up in a game-breaking fork. (Game breaking, if they can't really tell that is what led to the path split.) I see stupid crap like that all the time, and it leaves me shaking my head as to what they were thinking. Such innocent or unclear actions, dominating the protagonists life. (Obviously, they put things in there, because they could, and didn't think to ask themselves if they should. Like they were running out of ideas, and just filled-in some random blanks.)

8: Don't be afraid to re-write the introductions, until it is right. But, eventually surrender to whatever you put, as being right. If you keep going back and changing things in the beginning, it kind-of forces everyone to replay it from the beginning, each time. Old saves don't work right, and without reading the things you changed, the preceding story from the save-points that still work, will just not make sense.

9: If RenPy ends-up boggling your brain, when it comes to story-flow... I suggest looking at "TWINE", to assist with your branching. It makes a quick and dirty thought grabber, to help remind you where you were originally headed. Since concepts change and new ideas can sometimes thwart original intentions. (You can jot-down notes about RenPy in Twine too... Like jump-points or search text, for easy locating within RenPy, from Twine. Because non-linear pathing can get ugly fast, in RenPy, with linear code.)

10: Looking forward to your TLDR game. (If you can't already tell.)

Mescalino

Aug 20, 2017
A couple of things...

5: Pubes on skins... That is a shot in the dark. Daz doesn't allow previews of genitals in the store, so you honestly have no clue what you are getting, until you get it. They couldn't be any more unprofessional about it. Professionals don't resort to "if it's safe for kindergarten, then it's safe to preview". You can do some manual touch-up photoshop work, or poke around until you find a skin without built-in pubes painted on the skin. (Kindly, most NEW creators are not adding pubes to the skin itself. Now they need to remove eyebrows and makeup, and the greater majority of the professional world will start taking those models seriously into consideration.)
I agree one 100%. In that regard renderosity does that far better. The only downside is that renderosity can be (but not always is) a bit lower in quality. Just ad an age verification on your profile And hide the nude images behind a hidden icon like on renderosity then make it only available if you are logged in. But i guess that will be wishfull thinking...

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
Hi
Thank you for your replies.
And yes, sadly the pubes are included in the skin so i can't remove them. She is the only black character that i have bought yet, so I downloaded the Monica7 pro bundle from here to see what she'll look like with other black skin tone.
It was awful to be honest, she didn't looked good at all. Still, there is one skin tone that is kinda "meh", i'm not totally convinced but she can do the trick.

I tried something else too, this time she looks good,, but i don't know if can still consider her as being black.

Before i bought this character model i was hesitating with this one : . If i have some money left when i'll start the scenes with her i'll go buy her (from the link), or an other one if i find something better.

(What the original one looked like)

EDIT: some people maybe won't mind all this hair. it's just a little bit too much hairy for me.

Last edited:

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I just realized i haven't posted this image here.

And as a bonus, here is a close up for each characters.

I will certainly modify them, but it will be just some small modifications. Like making the freckles a little bit less apparent on the bust, changing (or not) the skin tone of a character. But basically you can see what they will look like in the game.

Last edited:

redknight00

I want to break free
Staff member
Modder
Apr 30, 2017
I don't mind a healthy bush at all, but yeah I'd prefer a less. Also I think I'm the minority, most people probably prefer shaven pubes.

Reactions: Antonia Timmens

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I redid the scene with all the characters and applied the new skin texture to see if she can blend in.

I guess i can consider this as a success, she does look good (and natural).
I applied the skin texture of who i got when i bought Lilith7 pro bundle (but i still prefer, the original skin texture)

Last edited:

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I'm thinking about doing a proof of concept version.
There will be only the first scene in it and some preview renders of whats going to be in the first release.

Like that, you will be able to judge the writing, the lighting, camera angles, and other stuff.

Be warned, don't expect more than 5 min of gameplay. The 1st scene consist in just a long internal monologue.

I think by the end of next week it should be ready (my parents are visiting me tomorrow, and will stay with me for the rest of the month, so it will slow down my work).

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
(added a spoiler, image is too big)
What do you think ? is it good ?
I applied a new skin tone to her with Skin Builder for G3F. Now, i can add as many pubes as i want (if i want to, of course ).

Reactions: Dilettante

Erros

Aug 28, 2017
I began working on coding the script yesterday. And i realized two things:
- Coding won't be as hard as i thought.
- The way i wrote the story is not really "code friendly": a little bit of adjustment is needed.

And here is a first attempt at what will look like the background and lighting where most of the story will take place.