Ren'Py - My Girlfriend's Friends [v1.5B] [Kyle Mercury]

1. 5.00 star(s)

Phuta_Phreak

Please let there be much more in the works. the game is so much more enjoyable than i expected.

Even ignoring the whole cheating theme if that's not your thing. The art is absolutely top tier (cannot praise this enough, goddamn i love the art), and there's alot of variety in the characters to make each one unique.

-10/10 would cheat on my ditzy girlfriend again-
  2. 5.00 star(s)

Sin Hardcore

Great game I really enjoyed the story and the choices and the different personalitys. Any news on update for
    My Girlfriend's Friends? I can't wait to play more. Look forwards to playing more in the future.
  3. 5.00 star(s)

Axato

v1.0

Let's be real, this game has very good potential, right now can be basically anything and it has a girl for every fetish.

PROs:
    -Beautiful art,
    -Lots of different girls
    -Multiple routes for each girl,

CONs:
    -It's short (duh it's 1.0),
    -Pretty buggy,

I really hope in the future you could do multiple routes at the same time and even have some of them cross and have some sort of harem ending. I wouldn't mind some ntr too, you are cheating on her seems reasonable that something happens the other way too, it could lead to some interesting scenes or even a breakup that allows you to end with one of the other girls.

I'll be back as soon as an update come up.
  4. 5.00 star(s)

Syncroniz

A very promising start to what will hopefully be an extensive project.

Right off the bat, this game gives you plenty of sex scenes - they aren't gated behind an hour of careful choices like some games that I might mention. What's more, the characters themselves are very entertaining, although a few do come across a bit flat (No, not like Charlotte, but also yes, exactly like Charlotte). But this is an easy problem to solve in future updates.

Even if you aren't into cheating, I can give this one a solid recommend. There's a lot here to enjoy.
  5. 4.00 star(s)

Testerguy19

Whilst not the best anime styled VN amongst the ones I've played, it is a worthwhile addition to your list. My Girlfriend's Friends is currently a short run that even without speedruns might take you 2-3 hours (or less to finish).

Regarding the length there's not much to do, but it progress quite fast in terms of the story and its characters, not too big, expansive or small and dragged. It's inflatable with the options you could pine for, but it's almost as if there's nothing to choose from with the choices so far, ranging from wholesome stuff/single partner/one true love, cheating/NTR vibes or a full on harem. Art is amazing and lives up to its name, pretty good designs as well.

The approach towards what I've seen others talk about the timeframe gameplay aspect is not what I'm not biased about, I find it interesting that you can only do so much within what's in that day. Your route as of now (v1.0) is as flexible as far as it goes, sex remains with your love interest and your best friend who has a crush on you, no matter if you try pursuing other girls, best to go back and repeat (though there is no affection in that, it won't lead to any sex but only interactions).

A solid VN piece, has its merits of vanilla as some people say it is, but it's just too early to determine post-demo version and how it goes---more to come.
  6. 5.00 star(s)

lopotok

Characters are good, interactions are good (and even though mostly vanilla, but they are fairly creative!), art is nice too. My only problem with the game atm that it's too short, more like a demo. But hopefully this will change in the future, this is a very promising project.

The other reviewers mentioned that they didn't like the limited in-game timeframe. I don't think it's an issue, you can always start again and focus on a different set of girls. It's more realistic this way than your usual generic harem fuckfest. I fully respect the choice of the game creator in this regard.
  7. 4.00 star(s)

dietmountaindew

One of the better cheating-centered games on the site with the potential to be the very best, like no cheating game ever was.

I really like the art style, the chicks are all really cute. Especially Emily, whom is hiding some serious cake underneath her skirt, apparently, oof.

The dialogue is solid, but really shines during lewd scenes, where there appears to be a few different paths the MC can take with his respective LI, Romantic, or Dominant. I thought that was really neat.

As of now, there isn't a ton of content, but what is there is really good.

My only nitpick is how restrictive the game feels (most likely because of said lack of content) you have like, two weeks in-game time to get your LI of choice's "ending", so you pretty much have to focus on her entirely or you might not get it.

When that "end of content" point is reached, you have to either reload a save or restart the game to pursue another girl. Rinse and repeat.

As a whole, big fan of this game, and I love the concept. Looking forward to more content in the future.

Edit: Do wanna mention to the dev that there are a lot of grammar issues later in the game incase they slipped past him. Small typos and such.
  8. 3.00 star(s)

user_69

It would get 5 stars, if it weren't for the fact that you only have a very limited amount of time each 'run' and you can't even come close to completing every girls path in one game.

The art is great, and the writing is as well, but this huge time constraint just makes it annoying because if you want to see a certain path, you have to start the entire game over again. I mean, I suppose I understand what the dev is going for in a narrative sense, but when it comes to game design, mechanics always have to come first before anything else, and this is no exception.

The time constraint makes it a pain to play and needs to be removed.
  9. 5.00 star(s)

Basurevan

Very promising! Can't wait for the next update. It has great characters and a simply story that allows you to move quickly. The only downside I can think of is that you cannot advance with multiple girls at the same time.
  10. 4.00 star(s)

moonkun

My Girlfriend's Friends

Version reviewed: 0.9B

Positives ;)
    • girlfriend's friend group is large and varied, girls have funny dynamics with MC
    • good art
    • a good bit of content as of 0.9B (till day 10)

YMMV :unsure:
    • the game is on the lighter side, doesn't take itself too seriously
    • MC has better chemistry with pretty every other girl compared to his actual girlfriend

Negatives :rolleyes:
    • quite often there isn't anything to do - the content is spread across many girls which you cannot pursue all at once, and there aren't many things to do otherwise (like randomly texting the other girls, some more gameplay elements)
    • pretty much no sound

All in all, it's a solid game and I'm looking forward to future versions!
  11. 5.00 star(s)

rux

Really like the art and writing on this one. Also, it's surprisingly hard to find a game with a story that centers around cheating AND features a straight male main character AND doesn't just drop the plot halfway through in favor of becoming a giant harem clusterfuck. Maybe there is a game or two like that out there, but I haven't found one yet that's the same level of quality as this.
  12. 5.00 star(s)

poketoke

I'm kind of of surprised this doesn't have more reviews considering how good it is.

first of all the story of the game. Its basically about the main character getting together with his girlfriends friends. As you could probably guess by the title of the game.... Now what makes the premise so good is the fact that every characters path is unique with their own situations that lead to sexual tension, between our main character and his girlfriends group of friends.

as for the characters. you know the shows where the main female protagonist believes in the power of friendship and has a group of friend's who are all unique and yet they all surround her, that's these group of friends. As described by our main character.
    which only adds to sexual tension!!!
  13. 5.00 star(s)

Dmakpalsp

Good story until now, good girls to cheat your girldfriend and good MC, not the common nerdy. The game does not have too much grind, which I like a lot. Also you need to play it several times to get all the girls scenes (its ok, does not get lazy).
  14. 4.00 star(s)

nnnnnmmmm

Look forward to updates, enjoy the art style. Keep doing u and I'm sure this game will be noticed by a good amount of people. Right now there isn't much to do yet but i already enjoyed it so I can't wait to see what else will be added.
  15. 5.00 star(s)

KiraJames

Really Cool premise for a game. Love the setting and the art
    + dev is hilarious. Really shows quite a bit of promise for a new game, love the dynamic of the girls and our main protagonist. So... good luck my man, hope for more content in the future.
  16. 4.00 star(s)

Mister Boombastic

Fair warning: Don't let the 'v0.5' fool you, this is only a first demo version. Being a first release makes it somewhat difficult to review but I'll give it a try anyway. The rating is based on the game's potential and not on its current content.

The setup of this game is that of a standard dating sim, with the important exception that you start the game with a girlfriend. It's up to you to decide whether you want to spend time with your gf or maybe have some 'side-adventures' with her friends (and let's be honest, if you chose to play this game we all know which path you will take!).

Some general info:
    • Dating sim.
    • Standard sandbox town setting with locations like school, gym, home, library, etc. and three time zones (morning, afternoon, evening).
    • So far there are 8 potential love interests: your gf, her mom and little sister, and her five friends. For now you can only have sex with your gf. The other characters are just more or less extensively introduced.
    • Keep in mind that since this is a first release many things will be added or improved and thus the pros and cons below might not be relevant for future releases.
    Positive:
    • Really nice and unique art style.
    • The characters look good and have various different personalities. On the other hand, their personalities are also very cliche (shy gamer girl, sporty good looking girl, loud popular girl, etc.)
    • Conversations are smooth and English is flawless.
    Less positive:
    • At this point the game and the city still feel a bit empty. There are many locations where you can't do anything. I think that's one of the main disadvantages of a sandbox game in development. Also it's not always clear what you need to do to progress the story, which makes that you're just clicking different locations at different times of the day hoping that something new will happen.
    • You only have a limited amount of days before a chapter ends, which implies that you won't have enough time to see everything in one playthrough.
    • There are no animations and some scenes could use some extra renders. Also characters have often just one facial expression. These things might be improved in future releases though.