4.20 star(s) 36 Votes

GeorgeJetson5

Aug 20, 2020
This is by far the buggiest game I've ever played. It also has the most raw potential.

I've found at least a dozen problems, some of them game-breaking. The hover-over lag is absolutely insane and to top it all off I've also apparently managed to soft lock my game.

As a professional developer, it makes me sad that this dev is even taking subscribers' money when their core gameplay is so riddled with issues. We need less new content and more assurances we can enjoy the content that's already there without running into problems.

Dev, if you need help, please reach out, man. Or at the least, get some beta testers because if you have some, they sure as hell aren't doing their job, or you've been ignoring them completely.

Reactions: jhustrue

DammitBird

Game Developer
Jul 28, 2019
I usually defend games with bugs. Especially when they are early versions.. even my game has some bugs. But this is 1.5, so can't say much.

Demithycs

Jan 20, 2018
Game looks uninteresting at first glance but is actually pretty good. I'm pretty sure I managed to get everything without the game bugging out. Well maybe that one time where the Mom's event looped multiple times but I guess it was just dumb luck that I managed with few little bugged encounters.

Aug 3, 2018
Wow yeah, buggy as all hell. Phone quest is broke, Charlotte is spawning in the cafe for the phone quest when she should be in the library, now I cant get the phone. And Mia is looping the mom event in the school for some reason

Last edited:
Reactions: BobN290

f96zonetrooper

Engaged Member
Dec 21, 2018
This is a ren'py game, so everybody can read the script and find bugs and problems in the coding and discuss it here. I guess that the dev has problems with coding different layers since I got many bugs with the phone, the clickable triangle (arrow) buttons to change locations and clickable characters.

Often there is more than one way to transition to a new scene or location :
- automatically when an event ends
- using the "Exit" button or arrow buttons
- using the phone button
- using the worldmap button
There are a lot of "hide screen" lines where screens are hidden manually. It looks like trying to remove layers and buttons for previous scene / location while the game is already at the label of a new scene / location and so has limited knowledge of what to remove.
Is there a "hide all screens" command in ren'py?
To reduce manual coding, maybe you could use kind of a stack to place all temporary screens on and when the game transitions to a new scene, all the screens on the stack are automatically hidden.

I saw a lot of "hide screen" lines for the label "overworldmap".
What if the mc is teleported to a new location without using the "overworldmap"? You don't want to duplicate all this code.
Maybe instead try one function or label inbetween to do all the transition cleanup using 2 variables for last _location and next_location.

Last edited:

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Im only playing girlfriend route but Im kinda stuck. I dont now what I have to do right
1658231963510.png

scaryterry19

Dec 28, 2020
I still can't get the Charlotte library scene even after following just Mia's route and progressing into chapter 2 like mentioned above. Weird.

Rauum

Nov 6, 2020
Here is a save of complete chapter 1 for who want to start chapter 2(i just didnt finish charlotte events so you need to talk to mia morning at school to continue charlotte chapter 1 events)

Reactions: marbar2197

Byczer

Feb 1, 2020
Here is a save of complete chapter 1 for who want to start chapter 2(i just didnt finish charlotte events so you need to talk to mia morning at school to continue charlotte chapter 1 events)
Can't we get to chapter 2 by playing only one girl's content? I just wanna play girlfriend route.

Rauum

Nov 6, 2020
Can't we get to chapter 2 by playing only one girl's content? I just wanna play girlfriend route.
You can if you just focus on mia events that wont change anything the girlfriend route is the same even if you did other girls route actually so yiu can just focus on her events for chap 2 if you like

Reactions: Byczer
4.20 star(s) 36 Votes