VN Ren'Py Completed My Heart Grows Fonder [v1.1] [Zetsubou]

4.00 star(s) 1 Vote

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Anybody have a Mac link? I've tried running through the Renpy launcher but I keep getting this error:
Its not a separate build. Its an all in one.

EDIT

Unless someone gets to before me. I will see if I make a separate build.

Ryahn

Birb Skull Fuckery
Staff member
Donor
Compressor
Jul 5, 2017
Anybody have a Mac link? I've tried running through the Renpy launcher but I keep getting this error:
Updated OP with new builds. Make individual builds as well.

Reactions: strfb

Alaric1066

Feb 17, 2018
Refreshing to have a working adult MC who is able to self-reflect and act as mature as you would expect.
I thought the same thing. He's not an immature loser, a rapey asshole, or an idiot/oblivious doormat, which seem to collectively make up like 90% of protagonists for these kinds of things. This guy actually seems pretty reasonable.

Reactions: alfredzanquat

JayTac

Oct 5, 2017
Holy smokes, just finished one route and I'm blown away, it's one of the few times where even a scrooge like me will shell out some bucks on a legit copy. If anyone is wondering whether this VN is worth putting time in, rest assured this is one of those stories you best go in with 0 Spoilers. You will have a really special experience, so long as you let yourself get invested in the story.

Reactions: AsterK

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
I quite enjoyed it. Not as a "sex" game (there's barely any of it to speak of), but as a fairly interesting mystery story. There's a mystery, the people involved don't want to talk about it, there are reasons... and sure, the reasons end up being somewhat more mundane that I had in mind (oh, I had a great theory involving 400-year old Vampires and the Illuminati hunting for the Holy Grail in order to translate Alien technology that absolutely tied the whole story together. Oh, well...) but at least it makes more or less sense. Problem is that once the truth is uncovered, the story loses some steam. Well worth a whirl anyway.

tehrandom

Jul 24, 2018
The game was alright. The story was fairly solid however the H scenes are very minimal in the game. There are a total of 3 endings
You don't have permission to view the spoiler content. Log in or register now.

Overall it was a bit disappointing since the dialogue choices mean absolutely nothing. There is only one important choice of who you share a bed with that locks that route with no repercussions to any choices you make.

slySableye

spooky
Game Developer
Sep 16, 2018
Lovely game/story. Incredibly wholesome and really kept me smiling towards the end. Very vanilla but excellently done. Solid characters, great art, and just a nice experience overall. I didn't expect something so.. pure to be here, but it's good if you'll stick around for it. Cheers.

-KC-

got land?
Modder
Donor
Compressor
Former Staff
Sep 9, 2019
Wow.

I wish i could be a Real Macho Man like you.
Sorry, I should have said that I enjoy being used as her doormat, again. Then we would braid each other's hair and talk about boys...

Ok, in all seriousness, as I continued into the story and find about what a piece of crap the father is, I will recant my earlier frustrated statement with the MC's Beta wishywashyness. I don't want to be seen as a supporter of spousal & child abuse in any way shape or form!

Last edited:

UnoriginalUserName

Engaged Member
Sep 3, 2017
Ho. Lee. Shiet.

The MC is the most beta-fuck, that ever beta-fucked, in the history of beta-fucking. The guy could teach doctorate-level classes on how to be an eternal virgin anime protagonist.

The plot is equally horseshit.

Supposedly "dated" a girl for 2 years in college and the most they ever did was awkwardly hold hands. Suuuuure buddy, that's called being less than an acquaintance. You aren't even in the fucking friendzone.

I'm going to spoiler the rest of this because it's a long rant about how shit the game is, and it contains spoilers.

TL/DR : The game, up until the point where I couldn't take it anymore, sucks ass.
I appreciate the upload, but wow this thing is awful.

Last edited:

WRONGS

Jan 14, 2018
TL/DR : The game, up until the point where I couldn't take it anymore, sucks ass.
Yeaahhh... I cannot argue that. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Even if the "excuse" for the secret was completely true, then it now makes no sense that she's back in his life.

Also, they're all exactly 20, and they were in college five years previously. Why not make them 23? There's no reason for that.

Nauzhror

Jul 16, 2018
Yeaahhh... I cannot argue that. The more I think about it, the less sense it makes. Even if the "excuse" for the secret was completely true, then it now makes no sense that she's back in his life.

Also, they're all exactly 20, and they were in college five years previously. Why not make them 23? There's no reason for that.
They're not 20. It explicitly refers to the MC and the othes as being 24 multiple times.

The only major downside to the game IMO is the lack of choice for some decisions that should have had them.

Moonis

Mar 18, 2019
Okay. I played through Ava's ending. I was bit disappointed about content. Just when I thought relationship between three of them gets more intense, game ended quite fast. And me, aiming for harem ending, was left empty-handed. There wasn't even scene where Cas and Ava tell about their relationship to Maia. Whole plot with lawyers and all was boring and uninteresting, though dad provided some interesting moments. For the game of this length, amount of content was low, despite lots of text.

Reactions: Skyzenski

Vainglorious

Jun 14, 2018
Well...I wasn't happy with the way this game started. The "I can't tell you" was frustrating and not good enough if this were a RL situation I was in but it's fiction so I pressed on. I know the MC cares for these girls but me as a player, I was getting nothing out of it. I didn't like them. I didn't hate them. I liked Ava's flirtiness a bit but other than that their personality traits were...shy and jealous for Maia or just jealous for Ava. Then...the secret comes out. Ok I can accept it as a reason. Then MC goes to work and receives threats via email and phone calls. Now I'm just done. I can't play it any more. This isn't fun. This isn't the types of stories I enjoy in any form. It's depressing. I'm sure there is a way to do a story like this where I could enjoy it...maybe if I was invested in the characters before all the drama starts but this game is all drama from the get go.

For anyone that enjoyed this game... I say great. I'm glad someone found something entertaining out of it. This game is definitely not for me.

kvier

Apr 30, 2018
This is awful.

It's basically a story about domestic abuse, how domestic abuse harms more than just the direct victim, and how the victim of abuse forgives when they shouldn't.

If I wanted that, I'd go read a set of court proceedings, or the police log, or volunteer at a battered persons' shelter.

Neither the player nor any the of the characters have any sense of agency. It's all far too realistic to be rewarding for me.

Naz2001

Oct 29, 2018
Hard to care about the emotional impact of a story when it annoys the crap out of you before you even get there.

Apparently it's ok for 2 girls (1 being a girlfriend who just left you without a word 3 yeas ago) to impose on your life and your resources and tell you nothing and actively and blatantly blank you most of the time should you want even the smallest bit of clarification about ANYTHING at all, despite getting you involved and when they rarely respond it's a lie,, and you think the normal reaction is to CONSTANTLY tell yourself that it has nothing to do with you as you get ever increasingly dragged into their crap, your emotional well being seems to matter little to either of them as they deal with their problems silently at your expense.

I only lasted 50 mins it got that bad i wanted to punch the monitor to make it stop :p

Last edited:
4.00 star(s) 1 Vote