VN - Ren'Py - My Office [v1.3] [Summer Witch]

1. 4.00 star(s)

vforvlad

Version 0.1: The game mechanics are rough around the edges - you can't skip dialogue and the English translation needs a bit more refining, but for an initial release, I think these minor flaws can be overlooked.

The game itself shows potential. I like the way that the main character is introduced, the progression of the story is good, and the character development is promising. I like the way that choices are presented and the scenarios in this early release indicate good potential for the rest of the game. There is a good range of women, each with their own personality and appeal, so I'm looking forward to how the relationships and interactions develop in future content.
  2. 2.00 star(s)

botc76

Renders are about average, I'd say. Women look mostly good, but we've seen them all before.
    The English is bad. No punctuation and I'd wager that the dev just ran his original Italian version through an automatic translator, because this is definitely not how English language sentenced are structured.

I've also encountered Italian instead of English at least twice.
    Particularly annoying is that the father of the MC is referred to as "her" several times. I'm guessing that this is not a case of a guy who transitioned into a lady.
    You might think, why be so annoyed about something insignificant like this?
    It's not insignificant. Think about it, even if it was a language which doesn't differentiate between genders for whatever reason, it would take just a moment to check with which pronoun you refer to a specific gender and that is a moment your game should definitely be worth to you.
    However, Italian is no such language, and thus the mistake becomes even more careless.

Story wise it is the same lame BS about a dead father, guy coming to a new city and fucking every woman he encounters.
    This might actually have the sexual encounter with the least motivation I have ever seen.
    The MC trains with a woman, while of course having the option to peep at her, and after you do that twice, you have the option to decide whether to kiss her or seduce her, but even kissing leads to fucking.

It is completely ridiculous and out of the blue. And this is how the game goes, a scene earlier you can look at the cleavage of an elder colleague (horrible face, but nice tits) and it turns her on so much, that she immediately masturbates after you leave her office.

The menu is bare bones, it automatically loads in Italian, even after I restarted the game, having chosen English already.
    There is no option to enable things like skipping unread content, very little options in general.

This is a first version, but it is bad, I am being generous with my 2 stars and I have no idea how the other reviewers can justify more than that.
    If this improves dramatically, it might be an okay game at some point, it is a horrible game for now.
    As I mentioned in other reviews, this doesn't say anything about the dev as a person, this isn't to put her or him down.
    I don't judge the dev, I judge the game.
    It also doesn't matter that this is the first game or the first version, because, again, I judge what is there, not what will be there or how it came about and judging this, this is a pretty generic start for a pretty generic VN, with very little to distinguish it from others in the genre and very serious failings.

Would not recommend and will likely not try again, unless I hear about some dramatic changes.
  3. 4.00 star(s)

masterdc1976

its not bad

the renders are not great but there is much worst.
    its still very early on the game but shows promise.

the English translations need to fixing, there are some bugs and forcing people not to skip frames is not good

but overall 4 out 5